Reg-date callout thread

XythXyth Avatar Join Date: 2003-11-04 Member: 22312Members
That's right, I know some of you pre-2006(2008 if we're feeling generous) people still browse here for some unknown reason. Get in here and tell us what ethereal accomplishments your meat vessel has 'achieved' in the past decade.

I'm a grad student hoping to be a PhD candidate in the next 6 months which should cement my ability to feel alienated when I visit my high-school best friends. But, you know, get money/knowledge/women and all that.

Comments

• MonkfishMonkfish Sonic-boom-inducing buttcheeks of terrifying speed! Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16972Members
    I've achieved nothing with my life.

THANKS FOR MAKING ME DEPRESSED GEEZ.
  • CabooseCaboose title = name(self, handle) Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13597Members, Constellation
    Monkfish wrote: »

Thanks for posting my reply for me Monkfish.

• ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    Lessee... Got girlfriend, got bachelors degree, shook WoW addition, got house, got wife, got son.

What do I win?

--Scythe--
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Stopped going to 4chan, gained a sense of empathy, started fearing death, stopped eating meat unless it was freely offered... and some unimportant physical things, like graduating.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited July 2013
    I breath oxygen, it's also becoming quite an addiction :(

And I've broken the light speed barrier... Twice... The first time was an accident and the second time was because I had to get back to this time. But I'm not allowed to talk about it or the universe as we know it will cease to exist...
  • XythXyth Avatar Join Date: 2003-11-04 Member: 22312Members

Hey man, you got a custom title referencing a Mario64 speed run video, that's something!

Align, I don't know how I'd survive without being able to cook chicken all the time so you get my respect. Also, I just this minute got the joke in your avatar. Literally just now for the first time.

• SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Scythe wrote: »
    Lessee... Got girlfriend, got bachelors degree, shook WoW addition, got house, got wife, got son.

What do I win?

--Scythe--

You just won the American Dream, sir. Enjoy it.
  • MonkfishMonkfish Sonic-boom-inducing buttcheeks of terrifying speed! Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16972Members
    But he's still Australian.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2013
    But he's still Australian.

Deep down, we are all Americans on the inside.

except for the communists
  • PostawaPostawa Join Date: 2007-02-08 Member: 59912Members
  • AldarisAldaris Join Date: 2002-03-25 Member: 351Members, Constellation
    Finished college, attempted university for several years and gave up, got over years long depression, got a job, a girlfriend, a promotion and moved out of my mother's house and into rented house with said girlfriend.
    Aldaris wrote: »
    into rented house with said girlfriend.

Welcome to hell
    Finished college, attempted university for several years and gave up, got over years long depression, got a job, a girlfriend, a promotion and moved out of my mother's house and into rented house with said girlfriend.

A job with the enemy.
  • AldarisAldaris Join Date: 2002-03-25 Member: 351Members, Constellation
    edited July 2013

A job with the enemy.
    I'm not your enemy. You don't have a job to collect tax from :)
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Learned the meaning of Life.
  • CabooseCaboose title = name(self, handle) Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13597Members, Constellation
    MaxAmus wrote: »
    Learned the meaning of Life.

Is it 42?

I always heard it was 42.
    But what if it meant 0x42?! It is a robot after all
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    On the first day, God created the dog and said: "Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. For this, I will give you a life span of 20 years."

The dog said: "That's a long time to be barking. How about only 10 years and I'll give you back the other 10?'

So God agreed.

On the second day, God created the monkey and said: "Entertain people, do tricks, and make them laugh. For this, I'll give you a 20-year life span."

The monkey said: "Monkey tricks for 20 years? That's a pretty long time to perform. How about I give you back 10 like the Dog did?"

And God agreed.

On the third day, God created the cow and said:

"You must go into the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer's family. For this, I will give you a life span of 60 years."

The cow said: "That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for 60 years. How about 20 and I'll give back the other 40?"

And God agreed again.

On the fourth day, God created man and said: "Eat, sleep, play, marry and enjoy your life. For this, I'll give you 20 years."

But man said: "Only 20 years? Could you possibly give me my 20, the 40 the cow gave back, the 10 the monkey gave back, and the 10 the dog gave back -- that makes 80, OK?"

"OK," God said. "As long as you're sure."

So that is why for our first 20 years we eat, sleep, play and enjoy ourselves. For the next 40 years we slave in the sun to support our family. For the next 10 years we do monkey tricks to entertain the grandchildren. And for the last 10 years we sit on the front porch and bark at everyone.

And that, my friends, is the meaning of life. Now you know.
  • KungFuSquirrelKungFuSquirrel Basher of Muttons Join Date: 2002-01-26 Member: 103Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Was a college kid stumbling through some Half-Life maps.

Now a 9+ year game industry veteran (currently working on Destiny at Bungie) married for 9+ years with an almost 8-year-old son.

It's been a long time.
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    You guys have been busy. Or as I should say as a North Carolina resident: Y'all done good. Hear?

Since 2003 I have done some things, man:

Walked the West highland way
    College degree
    Moved around the country
    Jobs of various shapes, sizes, colors, and textures.
    Played a lot of the soccer
    Hit -10 in eve online.
    Bought house.
    Got into a fist fight in Reykjavik
    Had lunch with UWE
    Walked the Ring of Kerry
    Talked at a couple of conferences
    Wrote a lot of code.
    Played some board games
    Got married to a Canadian lady, three times( the same one)
    Hiked the big island of Hawaii
    Quit a job I had wanted to quit for years
    Started a company
    Lost the "makes more money than your spouse" crown.
    Hiked Olympic National park
    Joined nspt
    Tore and repaired my ACL

Probably who lot more but you know highlights and all.

What's up NC buddy, how far from the queens city are you?
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    I finally met the UWE team in person last year. That's all this forum will really care about I think :P
  • RobRob Unknown Enemy Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 25Members, NS1 Playtester
    edited July 2013
    Told 2483 2595 lies on these forums.
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    I subtly undermined Comprox in a thousand different ways.
  • douchebagatrondouchebagatron Custom member title Join Date: 2003-12-20 Member: 24581Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    graduated. was forced to change my forum name. graduated again. graduated again. decided to change my forum name.
    Why are you all yellow. Stop that. I don't like it.
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    Xyth wrote: »
    What's up NC buddy, how far from the queens city are you?

I live in scenic Greenville, the one in NC, so like 3 -4 hours

• InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
  • SupernornSupernorn Best. Picture. Ever. Made. Ever. Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7608Members, Constellation
    I learned to stop reading this forum.
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Uhm, wow.. what have I done since then... I've.. Dated, broke up, dropped out of high school, returned to high school, dropped out again, dated more, broke up more, all ex-s had kids within a year of the relationship ending. Worked for years at a ton of random useless jobs, got heavy into drinking, got sent to the drunk tank, drank a lot more, quit my job and decided to go back to school. Finished high school, signed up for College and accomplished that. Signed up for University and now i'm going into my 2nd year of my Bachelors degree program.