Melee Weapons in Armory

mrawesome15mrawesome15 Join Date: 2013-07-25 Member: 186397Members
It would be cool if they added new melee weapons in the game. I would want some futuristic katana thing.

Comments

• stibaerstibaer Join Date: 2013-07-25 Member: 186398Members
    Imho marines are centered around ranged combat.
    But I would love to see weaponupgrades for aliens.
  • mrawesome15mrawesome15 Join Date: 2013-07-25 Member: 186397Members
    Well the only melee weapon in the game is the switchaxe. So they could at least add a new melee weapon.
  • sinkingmistsinkingmist Join Date: 2012-11-22 Member: 172905Members
    Well, the Welder is a melee weapon available from the armory...
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    stibaer wrote: »
    Imho marines are centered around ranged combat.
    But I would love to see weaponupgrades for aliens.

Katana for skulks?
  • xBlueXFoxxxBlueXFoxx Join Date: 2013-06-07 Member: 185497Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Chainsaw, tear through clots/hydras faster than axe/repair tool.
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    That chainsaw is already in the game and it's called a "flamethrower."
  • BroseidonBroseidon Join Date: 2011-07-18 Member: 110935Members
    We have the switch-axe, welder, rifle butt, exofist and argubly the flamethrower. So that is 5 marine melee weapons :) I 'can' agree on adding another melee weapon that is good at taking out structures but NOT a melee weapon that is good against alien lifeforms.

Aliens combat lifeforms need to come close to the marine to kill it. Adding a marine melee weapon that is good at killing aliens would be pretty OP and make gameplay frustrating for aliens. Getting shot at while running to marines and then get stabbed with a katana (or whatever) when you are about to deal damage is very unsatisfying.

Seams unneccesary to me to add another marine melee weapon.
  • xBlueXFoxxxBlueXFoxx Join Date: 2013-06-07 Member: 185497Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Wouldn't hurt, remove the flamethrowers absurd structure damage and toss in something to replace the axe slot, like a saw. Currently flame throwers burn down life forms, structures, umbra, spores, and I think bile. (I do believe I'm completely wrong about the bile.) I think it would be a good balancing point, instead of nerfing it to death.
  • MontypMontyp Join Date: 2013-04-22 Member: 184930Members
    xBlueXFoxx wrote: »
    (I do believe I'm completely wrong about the bile.) I think it would be a good balancing point, instead of nerfing it to death.
    It disperses the bile bomb if it hits it mid air, this makes it the ideal weapon for protecting exos. GL and FT are both still crazy OP, GL has no counter, and FT counters everything while doing crazy damage to everything