Rated M for Mature... [GTA 5 gameplay trailer discussion]

Konohas Perverted HermitKonohas Perverted Hermit Join Date: 2008-09-26 Member: 65075Members
edited July 2013 in Off-Topic
In the title, enjoy.

(edit: added a bit to title for better description --Zaggy)

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited July 2013
    Hmm I like the idea behind the character switching (lost viking style :P), now only if their track record would make me trust their PC port...
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Might be fun.
    Don't read the comments though.
  • Evil_bOb1Evil_bOb1 Join Date: 2002-07-13 Member: 938Members, Squad Five Blue
    Does it come with the interface to your soul?

:p
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    RESPONSIVE TENNIS! just what i wanted!
  • Konohas Perverted HermitKonohas Perverted Hermit Join Date: 2008-09-26 Member: 65075Members
    Lol.

I just want them not to screw up and fail to release a PC version on time like they did with GTA4.
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    Looks awesome, GTA4 for PC took ages until performance was up to spec I believe, hope they do that better in GTA5.
  • ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    I loved the hell out of the GTA games in which there was a silent protagonist. Now that the guy you're controlling has to have a character it destroys it for me, especially when the guy you're supposed to be embodying is an 'orrible turd with whom you cannot sympathise.

--Scythe--
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Scythe wrote: »
    I loved the hell out of the GTA games in which there was a silent protagonist. Now that the guy you're controlling has to have a character it destroys it for me, especially when the guy you're supposed to be embodying is an 'orrible turd with whom you cannot sympathise.

--Scythe--
    Well you could always drive off cliffs and throw him from buildings if you hate him that much :P

• ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Hmm I like the idea behind the character switching (lost viking style :P), now only if their track record would make me trust their PC port...

Which is why I am not going to wait until the port. It will have to be console for me. Not that I am in a rush to buy it, I will probably get it months after the release.
  • Konohas Perverted HermitKonohas Perverted Hermit Join Date: 2008-09-26 Member: 65075Members
    According to what I've been reading the release for the PC version is the same as the console.
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    Is the last GTA game really buggy and laggy on PC?
    Nah, it was for a bit. However when they updated something, it was smooth after that.
    edited July 2013
    Cool I might just get it now for £5 on steam with a super awesome 18p discount from selling 'cards' . Reading lots of people say GTA IV online has been ruined which puts me off...
    peregrinus wrote: »
    Cool I might just get it now for £5 on steam with a super awesome 18p discount from selling 'cards' . Reading lots of people say GTA IV online has been ruined which puts me off...
    Who plays GTA for online stuff anyways, I just drive around on my motorcycle doing stunts...

Only online stuff I did really was dick around in a locked room with friends. Swingset glitching and what not.
    edited July 2013
    Only online stuff I did really was dick around in a locked room with friends. Swingset glitching and what not.
    Oh I almost forgot about that stuff, swingset glitching was all part of the plan. I once launched my motorcycle across a few skyscrapers, fun times on TS3 to be had :D

BF1942 ammo crates were also very useful for illegal tank/jeep launching

---
    Request motion to withdraw...
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    Is the last GTA game really buggy and laggy on PC?

Depends on the point of view. They released it with the premise that you could not turn all settings to maximum with a high end PC of that time. With all settings to medium, you were supposed to be already better off than the console versions. The maximum settings were intended for future generations of PC hardware that were not even available at that time, which was something that went against the common gamer expectations of being able to crank up everything to maximum at all times when you have a decent rig.
    Except that the medium and even low settings ran crappy as well :P
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    GTAV plans to be the ULTIMATE GAME?
    It'll mess something up.
    Or it will be THE BEST GAME EVER
    I'm thinking the latter is unlikely.
    Bought GTA IV and it runs perfectly all settings on high, having lots of fun thanks for recommending it :D

Bought GTA IV and it runs perfectly all settings on high, having lots of fun thanks for recommending it :D

Indeed, nothing wrong with GTA IV right now, cause they fixed all the issues. But oh gawd was is terribad back when it was first released :P
    Do you use any of those awesome graphic mods? I can't work out which one to download. And they don't work on the latest version of GTA IV or something....what a headache.
    Real life NYC and HD mod, soo amazing.
    edited July 2013
    I downloaded ultimate HD car pack. It fills the streets with taxis sometimes, and other times I only get taxis plus one kind of car.

The cars themselves look OK...some have flat textures and very weird handling.

Gonna try this graphic mod looks amazing http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/cryenb-next-f17841

edit: And now my game is broken. 'Bad image....d3dx9_37.dll .....not designed to run bla bla'
    Did you downgrade your GTA version to an earlier one to get mods working?

Anything you have to do before you move the mod files into the GTA folders? I don't wanna have to reinstall everything again.
    Most mods come with an EXE to load them to launch them, like this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P3SrnLCIUc

At the end they will tell you how to do them. Most older mods need a newer file or EXE to work since the 1.7 (wutever) update.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    edited August 2013
    Kouji_San wrote: »

Did you play Max Payne 3? It's using the same base tech, and MP3 ran amazingly well on PC (and looks absolutely great).

As for whether they will be a port...