Barack Obama? In YOUR NS2? He knows more than you think...

2»

Comments

• jewbearjewbear Join Date: 2013-02-09 Member: 182943Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2013
  • wulfwulf Join Date: 2008-08-03 Member: 64749Members
    Yes, because the neighbor blasting music/earplug analogy is appropriate.

You're playing a game with gunshots, explosions, and screaming aliens. This game is a social game with voice communication and the easy option to mute anyone. If clicking the mouse button once over a guys name who is playing short obama voice clips feels as much as an inconvenience to you as putting ear plugs in, then I wonder how you get by playing online video games. I'd want to be a server admin just like you too so I could take care of all these "trolls".
  • ColtColtColtColt Join Date: 2012-06-27 Member: 153707Members
    edited July 2013
    wulf wrote: »
    Yes, because the neighbor blasting music/earplug analogy is appropriate.

You're playing a game with gunshots, explosions, and screaming aliens. This game is a social game with voice communication and the easy option to mute anyone. If clicking the mouse button once over a guys name who is playing short obama voice clips feels as much as an inconvenience to you as putting ear plugs in, then I wonder how you get by playing online video games. I'd want to be a server admin just like you too so I could take care of all these "trolls".

Just because it's the internet doesn't mean a total lack of decency and lack of basic courtesy is acceptable; every person in the game shouldn't have to mute out the spamming, the spamming shouldn't be allowed in the game, and I'm proud to say I do my part to ensure it isn't.

-Colt
  • Zomb3hZomb3h Join Date: 2011-01-27 Member: 79241Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    An admin is present to maintain the quality of the game
    Regarding your supposed incident of "Rage kicking" a music-playing Ready-roomer... Yes. I'll do that.
    An admin is present to maintain the quality of the game
    Regarding your supposed incident of "Rage kicking" a music-playing Ready-roomer... Yes. I'll do that.
    Pick one.
    That doesn't really explain why it's justified to kick someone who isn't bothering anyone. You're blatantly enforcing on a part of a game that has no effect on the "quality of the game" whatsoever. It's why a "READY ROOM" is a ready room for a reason.
    Just because it's the internet doesn't mean a total lack of decency and lack of basic courtesy is acceptable
    In other words, what people do for fun doesn't align with your definition of fun. Got it.
    every person in the game shouldn't have to mute out the spamming
    Yeah, just like how every person in the world shouldn't have to deal with evil, corruption, greed, arrogance, officiousness, etc. It's basic humanity, deal with it. Or in your case, learn how NOT to deal with it.
    every person in the game shouldn't have to mute out the spamming
    Oh so now you're deciding how people should run their game? What if they don't want to mute the spamming? Why does everything have to circulate around you?
    the spamming shouldn't be allowed in the game, and I'm proud to say I do my part to ensure it isn't.
    You can be proud all you want, that doesn't validate or justify any of your actions.

-Coltficious

Work on your analogies btw.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2013
    @zomb3h
    Yes, a person sitting in the ready room effects any game, to a degree based on the player count.
    No, the word "fun" is not a universal pass for any behavior.
    Yes, he controls any and all aspects of the server *he pays for *
    No, i cant tell if you're actually being serious..
    :-\
  • ColtColtColtColt Join Date: 2012-06-27 Member: 153707Members
    edited July 2013

Having briefly read through your posts via your profile, and seen the ample hostility with which you approach everyone and everything, the snippy and childish commentary and banter you use, and the overall immaturity of your wording... have a great big cup of
    Zomb3h wrote: »
    Grow the fuck up already.

Peace.

-Colt
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited July 2013
    agree with Colt... I mean it's kinda funny I guess, for the first 5 seconds. Incredibly irritating after that, especially so if people are asking you to stop and you don't. And I bet you 90% of the playerbase has no idea you can actually mute people, let alone how to do it.

All the soundboards I remember so fondly laughing at in NS1 were played in the readyroom, not during a match. Spamming mic during matches with nonsense is just bad manner.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Honestly Zombeh was the type that thought it was cool running around in NS1 ejecting commanders and playing annoying garbage and mic spamming.

Not worth any effort responding to him :>
  • MMZ_TorakMMZ_Torak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 3770Members
    edited July 2013
    rantology wrote: »
    agree with Colt... I mean it's kinda funny I guess, for the first 5 seconds. Incredibly irritating after that, especially so if people are asking you to stop and you don't. And I bet you 90% of the playerbase has no idea you can actually mute people, let alone how to do it.

All the soundboards I remember so fondly laughing at in NS1 were played in the readyroom, not during a match. Spamming mic during matches with nonsense is just bad manner.

I agree with Colt too. And apart from the random Aliens sound byte, or other situationaly appropriate sound byte played randomly throughout the game, at an appropriate time; I would not condone mic spamming. Constant over use is not acceptable. There is a big difference between, in the final minutes of the game as you are being overrun by the aliens to hear Hudson scream "Game over man; game OVER!" and every bit of communication from a single player being sound bytes.

The "It's a pub" tripe isn't valid either; though no one has played that tired card. Pubs are where the majority of players actually play. You can't be so arrogant to think that since it isn't a scheduled match for some ladder or league that all bets are off.
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited July 2013
    One liners here and there during a game I would find funny but it stops being funny if you spam it or give speeches like some one said you were doing. People shouldn't have to mute you to enjoy the game. I thought the video was funny but I could see how you can easily get too trolly with it. When your trolling starts affecting other people on your teams game in a bad way its just time to stop.

@torak rant is talking about after the round starts vs ready room antics. Not comp vs pub.

current1y wrote: »
    One liners here and there during a game I would find funny but it stops being funny if you spam it or give speeches like some one said you were doing. People shouldn't have to mute you to enjoy the game. I thought the video was funny but I could see how you can easily get too trolly with it. When your trolling starts affecting other people on your teams game in a bad way its just time to stop.

@torak rant is talking about after the round starts vs ready room antics. Not comp vs pub.

I got that; that's why I said "though no one has played that tired card". It was a preemptive strike. ;)
  • ExoskelettExoskelett Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175509Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    OUCH a fucking 3,4 million views on call of duty! WHAT THE H.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    *Hands rape whistle to Zombeh*

You might want to blow this a few times.
    edited July 2013
    ColtColt wrote: »
    Having briefly read through your posts via your profile, and seen the ample hostility with which you approach everyone and everything, the snippy and childish commentary and banter you use, and the overall immaturity of your wording... have a great big cup of
    Grow the fuck up already.

Peace.

-Colt

In regards to recent posting referring to patch 250, don't be surprised by my hostility, let alone members from the community regarding the patch. Should I sugar-coat all of my comments for you and blindly agree to everything this forum posts? Or is it because you're only roaming your elite inner circle (who seem to be the only ones backing you coincidently) in the Veterans forum to not notice the hostility in the General forums in the past month?

Or you can not change the subject at hand, with which you still fail to address/justify in light of your unreasonable ready-room kicking, and recognize the primary complaint. You can kick for all the "right" reasons, but kicking for all the wrong, trivial reasons outweigh any authoritative integrity you have.
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @zomb3h
    Yes, a person sitting in the ready room effects any game, to a degree based on the player count.
    The case I posted before was a full server of 24 players with 3-4 people, including me and the mic-spammer-in-question. Explain how listening to the music in the readyroom effects the game in that case, let alone different and distinguishable, from simply not mic-spamming, and just talking/discussing about the previous match.

Should we just remove the ready-room altogether now? It seems like any discussion/antics that is done in ready-room isn't being encouraged.
    /thread
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    OBABA IS THE REASON WHY THE MARINES SEEM TO KNOW WHERE WE ARE ALL THE TIME!!!!

Oh wait.. Opps its just because marines have built obs everywhere. My bad
    /thread

Actually...
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @zomb3h
    No, the word "fun" is not a universal pass for any behavior.
    Yes, he controls any and all aspects of the server *he pays for *
    No, i cant tell if you're actually being serious..
    :-\

/thread
  • ultranewbultranewb Pro Bug Hunter Join Date: 2004-07-21 Member: 30026Members
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    If people have an issue, you know you can mute in less than 2 seconds right? Some of us find it hilarious. The option is there, don't choose not to use it then get pissed off because you didn't.

19 people shouldn't have to bend to the will of some asshole, it should be the other way around. The mute button is a fallback option, not a solution for a disruptive player. Someone that's spamming the mic is also likely not actually playing the game either and a mute button doesn't address that either. Someone else's parentally neglected screwup is not our responsibility.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    ultranewb wrote: »
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    If people have an issue, you know you can mute in less than 2 seconds right? Some of us find it hilarious. The option is there, don't choose not to use it then get pissed off because you didn't.

19 people shouldn't have to bend to the will of some asshole, it should be the other way around. The mute button is a fallback option, not a solution for a disruptive player. Someone that's spamming the mic is also likely not actually playing the game either and a mute button doesn't address that either. Someone else's parentally neglected screwup is not our responsibility.

Might just want to remove the mute button then, because people shouldn't be causing players to need to mute in the first place right?
  • KelgosKelgos Join Date: 2013-07-15 Member: 186124Members
    Well as one of the main guys in this vid I'll say that you are welcome to the pub anytime. As you or Obama because it was funny as hell.