NS2 isn't part of the steam sale?

ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
I think given the fact that we're still seeing less than 1000 players a day, maybe UWE should have participated in the steam sale? I think the game could use a price drop in general, seeing as it's been out for almost a year now and the player base is showing no signs of a comeback... but even if that doesn't happen, it should at least be part of the steam sale...

Comments

• RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It was just on sale last week wasn't it?
  • draktokdraktok Join Date: 2013-02-18 Member: 183156Members
    ... it's the first day of the steam sale? Just wait?
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    unknownworlds.com/ns2/chivalry-ns2-deal-on-steam/

It wasn't long ago NS2, along with Chivalry, where 66% off
  • MinimumMinimum Join Date: 2012-12-27 Member: 176382Members
    edited July 2013
    It's weird how there isn't even a small percentage off like with every other game that gets in the flash or daily deals later on. Will this game not go to 75% off?

I really hoped that it would by Saturday because I have a LAN Party starting at 2PM PST that day. If it doesn't then we'll still live because we have many other games we can play. It'll still be a shame though. :/
  • RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Probably just a different day?
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Don't do it, we're still teaching the newbies from the previous sale!
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    AuroN2 wrote: »
    Don't do it, we're still teaching the newbies from the previous sale!

Yeah! Don't get more people into the game! That's just crazy!
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    RockyMarc wrote: »
    Buy all the games!
    ... and never play them :(

zzz, about 2 years ago I bought 200 games and only played 20 of them. Stupid steam sales.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    RockyMarc wrote: »
    Buy all the games!
    ... and never play them :(

zzz, about 2 years ago I bought 200 games and only played 20 of them. Stupid steam sales.

Yes, damn you Gabe for providing us with cheap games!
  • 0ni0ni Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156991Members
    Minimum wrote: »
    It's weird how there isn't even a small percentage off like with every other game that gets in the flash or daily deals later on. Will this game not go to 75% off?

I really hoped that it would by Saturday because I have a LAN Party starting at 2PM PST that day. If it doesn't then we'll still live because we have many other games we can play. It'll still be a shame though. :/

I want to buy the four pack at 75% off for the same reason... I'd probably buy two four packs. Apparently you can't buy a four pack if you already own the game though. Only new players are entitled to a discount. People who paid more then retail and backed before release can sodomize themselves with a fork.

Slightly bitter at Valve over this decision.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Oni
    Can you gift the 4 pack to a friend?
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Nope, if you own a game, steam will not let you buy a 4 pack even as a gift.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited July 2013
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    Roobubba wrote: »

Who would ever buy a 4pack if they hadn't already played and therefore owned the game?
    Because deals, or expectations.
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    Because deals, or expectations.

Because suckers.
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    Someone tell me now if the games I want will be on Steam Sale and when, also I do not know which games I want.
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2013
    0ni wrote: »

I want to buy the four pack at 75% off for the same reason... I'd probably buy two four packs. Apparently you can't buy a four pack if you already own the game though. Only new players are entitled to a discount. People who paid more then retail and backed before release can sodomize themselves with a fork.

make a new steam account?
    We thought we were going to be part of the sale, so not sure what is going on there. We are looking into it now, to see if there was some kind of miscommunication between Valve and us, and hopefully sort it out.

Yeah, I was pretty sure something was up... you guys are usually really good about putting the game on sale :D
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    sotanaht wrote: »
    Roobubba wrote: »

Who would ever buy a 4pack if they hadn't already played and therefore owned the game?

I've done this many times with a group of friends: either one has played it and recommends it, then the rest of us dive in with a 4-pack between us, or a free weekend means we get to try out a game and go for the 4-pack. Sometimes, if it's a game we're blatantly going to buy regardless of demos (yes, they still exist!), we'll just go straight in for it between 4 of us anyway.

Conversely, I have tried to buy a 4-pack of NS2 to give away copies, only to find that I couldn't do this (so just bought individual copies to give away instead, but meh). I didn't end up buying even 3 copies, so actually so far this 'no buying 4-for-3 when you already own the game' thing that Steam imposes hasn't helped UWE from my perspective.
  • MinimumMinimum Join Date: 2012-12-27 Member: 176382Members
    edited July 2013

I have 7 alt accounts for people to play on during LAN Parties so I will just buy a 4 pack on 2 of the accounts. Even if you don't plan on putting them all on alt accounts you still get 2 extra alt accounts for the same price as buying 6 gifts individually.

I do wish though that Valve had special pricing or at least something special for LAN parties. I'm only a community college student. I'm not made of money. If NS2 doesn't drop to $7.50 or less I won't be able to comfortably squeeze it into my budget.
    Simple reason for the 4 pack rule: Resale.

If you are buying 4 for the price of 3 you could turn around and resell for a profit while still undercutting steams normal price. By attaching one of the 4 to an account it means you cant sell more than 3 copies which means you can't undercut them.
    Ideally it'd be nice if they just made rentals. Pay a dollar or two for a one weekend key. Frankly making a bunch of extra accounts so that I can buy their product isn't a burden I should have to bare as a consumer. We'll just end up playing some free game instead.

Is it at all possible for UWE to go back to selling the game directly from their website? I bet UWE could give us much better deals then steam and still make more money. Assuming they haven't signed any sort of exclusive deal.

Anyway, rentals, get it done. ;)
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited July 2013
    I'll be honest with all of you, I got most of the AAA titles for cheaper price than steam sale before the games were released; steam is consistently beaten by other online competitors and private sellers who buy in bulk and sell to consumers for cheaper while making a small profit themselves

Like I always say, "Look before you buy"
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    @0ni

Strange, I bought ns2 directly from this site since it was a steam key anyway; don't know why they took it away
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    So will it appear in the sale? Have Valve responded to UW?
    peregrinus wrote: »
    It's 40% off.
  • DestherDesther Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165195Members
    peregrinus wrote: »
    It's 40% off.

The NS2 product page mentions that it's included in the summer sale but it isn't currently on the Steam front page. Hopefully it will be put there at some point.