check out our cool map, ns2_station +video

BobpobloBobpoblo Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7011Members
Hey everyone, check out our new map! Designed for large servers:

Link to map:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=158286923

Youtube Video of Map:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=O8K2-WooqPk

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I recognize some rooms, and not others. Looks interesting. I utterly despise large servers but I would play on one to try this.
  • BobpobloBobpoblo Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7011Members
    Yes some rooms are the same from testing, thanks to everyone on the "Onos Bar 32 Man Server" who tested the map!
  • MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72593Members
    edited July 2013
    Some rooms are amazing sharp looking, but others feel a bit off (really hard to explain. . . just my gut feeling)

There's some very steep ramps and steps that feel very reminiscent of older FPS games like Quake

I'm a touch worried that the low ceilings in many of the hallways are going to make easy prey out of some lifeforms

That's about all the feedback I can give without actually testing it. . .
    The servers I play on have tested out a lot of custom maps in the past so there might be some better info coming your way soon

Edits: server owner is checking it out and looking positive that we'll have it up in a day or so to test
  • BobpobloBobpoblo Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7011Members
    Some rooms are amazing sharp looking, but others feel a bit off (really hard to explain. . . just my gut feeling)

There's some very steep ramps and steps that feel very reminiscent of older FPS games like Quake

I'm a touch worried that the low ceilings in many of the hallways are going to make easy prey out of some lifeforms

That's about all the feedback I can give without actually testing it. . .
    The servers I play on have tested out a lot of custom maps in the past so there might be some better info coming your way soon

Edits: server owner is checking it out and looking positive that we'll have it up in a day or so to test

Awesome! Let me know anything that comes up with your test
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    The fact that the mod includes a game_setup.xml is causing problems. Delete the file
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    Kind of disturbing that Med Bay uses industrial welding robots to perform surgery on marines.