ns2_caged

Comments

• DaanVanYperenDaanVanYperen The Netherlands Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185580Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Last sundays matches on NS2_CAGED.

• [=Alex=][=Alex=] Join Date: 2008-12-25 Member: 65866Members, Squad Five Blue
    I really enjoyed playing ns2_caged going to be a spectacular map of ns2 as I said in the game, as an old player from the traditional ns_caged, I loved being able to differentiate each place and route map.

When I recreate co_pulse, I tried to make it as identical to the original and see that on this map.

I do not think being a aliens mapper only, but hey it seems that not all think the same way!

I love to see so much work on this map, and high quality recreations .... I can not wait to see it finished. :)
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    due to an accident at work i will be hospital-bound for a few weeks, and am unfortunately unable to work on caged for the time being. i'll post some updates once i get back to the map again. :)
  • Vert^Vert^ Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181227Members
    Howser told me about your accident mate :( Was sad to hear about it, hope you make a nice and speedy recovery with your leg. I fixed Prison up for the test today myself, so don't you worry about that anymore !! Thanks for the help you wanted to do anyway and again my best wishes to your well being!
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    heh, i was just gonna mesage you. :D if you want i can always take a new look when i've recovered, but yeah... for now, nothing i can do. ;)
  • Vert^Vert^ Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181227Members
    You just take all the time in the world mate <3 Prison or Caged for that matter, is nothing compared to making your leg recover well enough, to not cause you any problems in the future. I would like to see such a nice guy as yourself grow old with optimal mobility still ^^ Let's talk again once your back in business!
  • ObliviousSightObliviousSight Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158306Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hey Flat, heard about your fight with a piece of machinary, not your smartest move old boy ;). SCC will organise a gorge or two to come and help those doctors of yours.

In all seriousness, rest, recover and we'll see you when you are healed. Tests aren't going to be the same without you. I look forward to dueling your fade again 'soon'.
  • JanosJanos Join Date: 2002-08-02 Member: 1050Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    You plonker, what made you possibly think you could win a fight with heavy machinery? I almost had a heart attack when Howser told me last night..
    :D i unfortunately had very little say in the matter. just an accident. At least i can work on my sleep skills in this hospital bed.
  • Rellik_ptRellik_pt Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181205Members
    now you have time to think about that easter egg in your map :P
  • Rudy.czRudy.cz Join Date: 2012-02-13 Member: 145410Members
    Man, that sux about your work-injury :-(. Hope you will get patched up soon. Get a laptop and continue working in hospital or we will mutiny and seize the map for ourselves :-P
  • wirywiry Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67479Members
  • troopstroops Wales Join Date: 2003-02-17 Member: 13664Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Hey Flat, I hope you get well soon! It was not the same without you last night.
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Get well soon, you must of had a bad commander as he did not scan the area for you!
  • Rellik_ptRellik_pt Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181205Members
    a small teaser of what is going to happen soon in a video next to you

A115BE9FB75747E591919C34802BF3B2E2CCA5F6
    49E8B554054C091754DEDF6C082719DF7611E86D
  • Dr_RandomDr_Random Join Date: 2013-04-18 Member: 184884Members
    Lokee wrote: »
    Get well soon, you must of had a bad commander as he did not scan the area for you!
    Or at least a nanosheild! Hope you're feeling better soon, Flat!

• DaanVanYperenDaanVanYperen The Netherlands Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185580Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
  • troopstroops Wales Join Date: 2003-02-17 Member: 13664Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    A picture is worth a thousand words.. so what is this saying. We miss you flat!
    That is so awesome. Your misshapen clog penis fills my heart with joy. :D Thanks guys!
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    That is so awesome. Your misshapen clog penis fills my heart with joy. :D Thanks guys!
    Why isn't caged done yet. I thought we had a race going.
    Mendasp wrote: »
    I trust you will soon crush your leg with some heavy machinery to even the odds. :P
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    I trust you will soon crush your leg with some heavy machinery to even the odds. :P
    Stop mapping with your toes.
    Dude. Please. I only map in nightmare mode.
    Dude. Please. I only map in nightmare mode.
    I'm here, reading this, wondering if there's any difference with the normal Spark Editor.
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    edited June 2013
    YES, you cant use layers and no keyboard... ;p
  • WhiteDevilWhiteDevil Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2013
    Lol. All I could think about when thinking about nightmare mode in spark would be it to have this screen on it :D
    And if every difficulty level would reduce the tools you could use. Nightmare would definitely be just a blank screen and line tool.

nightmare.jpg
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    when you return will there be a massive update? or a outright ban on forklifts for caged?
    MOAR FARKLARFTS!!!

I have some notes wih fixes back home, next build (though weeks away still) will just be tweaks.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Do you really think its worth spending all this time tweaking a grey box? A map plays so differently when textured, lighted and fleshed out with geometry and props.