Rifle Butt, SMACK DOWN!

MontypMontyp Join Date: 2013-04-22 Member: 184930Members
OK, so we all know and love the alt-fire for the LMG, I would love to see that taken to the next level, if a skulk is leaping at you, or a Lerk is below you and you're able to get a perfectly timed right click I would love to see their momentum stopped and the be knocked out of the air and onto the ground.

I'm not saying they should be stunned, just momentum GONE and feet on floor. I get a few rifle butt kills here and there, but I think this would encourage others to use it a bit more and it would definitely help deal with those pesky early lerks!

Comments

• RadmanRadman Join Date: 2013-04-05 Member: 184656Members
    Id rather see a zoom function on right click. The rifle is supposed to be a long range weapon, but its often hard to see at long range at normal fovs.
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • MontypMontyp Join Date: 2013-04-22 Member: 184930Members
    A little to epic, but yes! Exactly that, even a knockback ratio equal to the weight of what your hitting.

Skulk on the ground 6"
    Skulk in air 5'

Lerk in air 4'
    If hit straight down feet touch floor

Fade on ground 0
    In air 2' (just outside of swiping range)

Onos immediately trigger taunt or chuckle
  • Samus1111111Samus1111111 Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154930Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The rifle butt did initially have knock back on it, but it was removed due to how annoying the mechanic was for aliens.
  • IckorusIckorus Join Date: 2012-07-12 Member: 154057Members
    The rifle butt did initially have knock back on it, but it was removed due to how annoying the mechanic was for aliens.

To be completely honest, I'd prefer rifle butt knock back than the current kangaroo marines any day of the week.

And I remember when it was in the game, too.
  • Mr.GreedyMr.Greedy Join Date: 2012-07-21 Member: 154270Members
    The power auf a shotgun cant stop an alien(unless when its dead ^^ ), why in hell a piece of modern plastic should do that?
  • Samus1111111Samus1111111 Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154930Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ickorus wrote: »
    To be completely honest, I'd prefer rifle butt knock back than the current kangaroo marines any day of the week.

Agreed. But I'm betting that the jumping marines will change soon.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Mr.Greedy wrote: »
    The power auf a shotgun cant stop an alien(unless when its dead ^^ ), why in hell a piece of modern plastic should do that?
    Nanites.
  • IckorusIckorus Join Date: 2012-07-12 Member: 154057Members
    Ickorus wrote: »

Agreed. But I'm betting that the jumping marines will change soon.

I hope so, I was just in a game where a single marine managed to take out 5 skulks on account of him being able to jump so far away from us.

No matter how good the marine is or how bad the skulks are, being able to survive against that many people shouldn't happen and in my opinion is one of the driving forces behind rookies leaving the game in droves.