I'd like to give a shoutout to UWE

ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
Honestly, after just playing -a game I won't name- and realizing how, excuse my french, shitty the development team for that game is; and how they treat their userbase, don't reply to anything, or even care about the game post launch.. really led me to value you guys over at UWE for being strictly nothing less than awesome

You communicate with us
You even play with us on your own game
You support your game 110%
You allow your users to support your game via mods
You've made an awesome game, and I hope it only continues to improve
You included pretty much all major functioning things for a pc game to be, well a pc game

So I just wanted to say thanks, and hope only good things for your entire team and each worker

-Nick (ezekel)

Comments

• FuleFule Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67683Members
    Ikr, I played with Chops on a combat mod server yesterday  :)
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Fule said:
    Are you sure. I have been seeing some people/person go by the dev forum names. I will notice them change the name mid game also to another devs name. I know its them because they have the same exact score.
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2013
    I was in that game too and he was talking to us, it was definitely chops.
  • FuleFule Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67683Members
    james888 said:
    Fule said:
    Are you sure. I have been seeing some people/person go by the dev forum names. I will notice them change the name mid game also to another devs name. I know its them because they have the same exact score.
    Yep, it was him. Checked his steam profile.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester

james888 said:
    Fule said:
    Most of them have the "PAX" symbol, and the early early pre-order armor.. but I heard some of them try and hide on secret names :>
  • sjusju Join Date: 2013-03-17 Member: 184042Members
    edited May 2013
    How do you judge 'care'? *snip * if you can't say anything nice.. - Ironhorse
    edited May 2013
    sju said:
    How do you judge 'care'? 
    They made their own game engine, their first engine. In the future how do you not know this won't be one of the most licensed from engines? Majority of game engines you use probably all come from idTech/unreal/source, engines which have been out for decades; I wouldn't be surprised by the end of this year if we were all running at the frame cap
  • CamronCamron Join Date: 2011-01-06 Member: 76356Members
    Ironhorse, do you really have to be so overbearing? If someone says something that most people disagree with, then we'll vote "disagree" on the post. You don't need to censor everything. I would like to at least see what he said.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I agree for the most part OP, but I do hate how they've gone backwards in some areas. Eg. "The game is totally moddable guys", recent patch introduces a whitelist system that blocks every mod by default (except crosshairs) unless server admins change it (they don't).
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Its understandable.. glowmods etc.

The game is STILL moddable all you want. Just kick up a own server.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I would but I don't have that kind of internet.

I understand that it blocks coloured models and such, but it blocks almost every "legal" use of the system as well, rendering it useless for clients.
  • Samus1111111Samus1111111 Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154930Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I would but I don't have that kind of internet.

I understand that it blocks coloured models and such, but it blocks almost every "legal" use of the system as well, rendering it useless for clients.
    It's not the dev's fault that the server admins don't add mods to the whitelist.

Yes, it does add a bit of inconvenience, but I'd rather have that then have to worry about cheats.
    I don't personally use any client mods, I'm just pointing out how this game is marketed as a moddable game, and that's a twisted half-truth now.
    edited May 2013
    I don't personally use any client mods, I'm just pointing out how this game is marketed as a moddable game, and that's a twisted half-truth now.
    all my mods are working, which ones are referring to? I use a custom crosshair, and custom night vision, only other things are NSL maps/balance test which are server specific, and some type of obnoxious plugin for admins which I don't mind but the unstoppable text that it pops up is annoying.. If a mod isn't working on a server contact the owner
    Every other clientside mod that isn't alien vision or crosshairs.
  • CamronCamron Join Date: 2011-01-06 Member: 76356Members
    I agree for the most part OP, but I do hate how they've gone backwards in some areas. Eg. "The game is totally moddable guys", recent patch introduces a whitelist system that blocks every mod by default (except crosshairs) unless server admins change it (they don't).
    Try making a post here
  • GnubboloGnubbolo Join Date: 2007-11-01 Member: 62793Members
    UWE please give us a game interface like a pro game, like RTCW, ET, MOHAA, CS, COD1-2 or simply Quake.
    with the chat not in the EXACT MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN.
    this game is unplayable at 800x600, in pub servers where ppl chatting all time.
    i know the answers, but the ns2 players dont know what is a good interface, they stayed isolated on ns1 for 10 years.
    Gnubbolo said:
    UWE please give us a game interface like a pro game, like RTCW, ET, MOHAA, CS, COD1-2 or simply Quake.
    i know the answers, but the ns2 players dont know what is a good interface, they stayed isolated on ns1 for 10 years.
    This thread is for appreciating the dev team, you should report your issue with a screenshot example in the technical support section
  • sjusju Join Date: 2013-03-17 Member: 184042Members
    Camron said:
    Ironhorse, do you really have to be so overbearing? If someone says something that most people disagree with, then we'll vote "disagree" on the post. You don't need to censor everything. I would like to at least see what he said.
    Just seen this. If I remember rightly I never said anything that was "not nice". I think I said something similar to some teams care by creating a game that performs better, rather than talking to their community all the time. Or something similar. It sounds like Ironhorse was saving public face by extending his moderation too far.
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Gnubbolo said:
    There is a way to edit the game files to reduce the size of text and pass consistency. A post was made some time ago on the forums about it. 

I used to play on 640x480 and it was unplayable for sure. Reducing the size of the text worked wonders. 
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited May 2013
    sju wrote: »
    Just seen this. If I remember rightly I never said anything that was "not nice"..
    I think coming into an appreciation thread with cursing and accusing devs of "spinning words" constitutes as "not nice."

You already elicited a response from the op anyhow, answering your only question. The rest of your post seemed like it was merely inciting flame bait, given the thread it was posted in.

If you have any further issue feel free to pm me as I do not wish to derail this thread any further.
  • ma$$a$$terma$$a$$ter Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165651Members
    edited May 2013

some times its just hard to put back on the tracks...

Great Post OP - I have to say I'm also thrilled at the level of care and attention that goes into the game by the DEVS. you hardly hear from most Devs, and if you do, it sure doesn't feel like they are part of the community, but rather this mystery entity that exists some place behind the curtain.