Skulk fall noise while holding shift

KhazeKhaze Join Date: 2006-12-12 Member: 59031Members
I am sure this is a known bug, but I could not find a topic about this.

Essentially, if you are sneaking around as a skulk while holding shift, you always make a noise when you fall from a surface and hit another. You can't hear it yourself, but every player around you can. I am not sure if the bug is in that the player can't hear the fall noise, or that there is a noise to begin with. It seems reasonable to me that if you fall from a surface while holding shift and hit the other surface while still holding shift, no sound should be played.

Figuring out this bug still exists explains so much about my failed sneak attempts. "How did he know I was there?!"

Go ahead and get a buddy to try it out. Have him fall from the ceiling to the floor while holding shift. You'll hear the fall noise, but he won't.

Comments

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I didn't realise you couldn't hear when you dropped off a roof while holding shift...I swear I can.
  • shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Khaze wrote: »
    I am sure this is a known bug, but I could not find a topic about this.

Essentially, if you are sneaking around as a skulk while holding shift, you always make a noise when you fall from a surface and hit another. You can't hear it yourself, but every player around you can. I am not sure if the bug is in that the player can't hear the fall noise, or that there is a noise to begin with. It seems reasonable to me that if you fall from a surface while holding shift and hit the other surface while still holding shift, no sound should be played.

Figuring out this bug still exists explains so much about my failed sneak attempts. "How did he know I was there?!"

Go ahead and get a buddy to try it out. Have him fall from the ceiling to the floor while holding shift. You'll hear the fall noise, but he won't.

Yeah, please fix this already
  • CataclyzmCataclyzm Join Date: 2005-01-06 Member: 33031Members
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    It was decided not to spend time fixing this, since all movement related changes were being made in the balance test mod.. Where this bug and the mountain goat marine bug have been naturally fixed by the new system.