Combat Mode Relaunch

Comments

• ErhardManErhardMan Join Date: 2013-04-30 Member: 185069Members
    Server Bug? console error...

CombatMod Mod Active Setting is: activated
    CombatMod Player Threshold is 0 players.
    CombatMod Last Map ended with 0 players.
    CombatMod is now: activated
    CombatMod Time Limit is now: 35 minutes.
    CombatMod Global Mic is now: deactivated

[Server] Script Error #1: lua/Commander_Hotkeys.lua:50: table index is nil
    Call stack:
    #1: lua/Commander_Hotkeys.lua:50
    #2: Script_Load [C]:-1
    #3: scriptLoad lua/LoadTracker.lua:33
    scriptPath = "lua/Commander_Hotkeys.lua"
    normPath = "lua/commander_hotkeys.lua"
    NewPath = "lua/Commander_Hotkeys.lua"
    ret = nil
    #4: Load lua/EventTester.lua:185
    fileName = "lua/Commander_Hotkeys.lua"
    #5: lua/Commander.lua:37
    gTechIdCooldowns = { }
    GetTechIdCooldowns = function
    #6: Script_Load [C]:-1
    #7: scriptLoad lua/LoadTracker.lua:33
    scriptPath = "lua/Commander.lua"
    normPath = "lua/commander.lua"
    NewPath = "lua/Commander.lua"
    ret = nil
    #8: Load lua/EventTester.lua:185
    fileName = "lua/Commander.lua"
    #9: lua/MarineCommander.lua:11
    #10: Script_Load [C]:-1
    #11: scriptLoad lua/LoadTracker.lua:33
    scriptPath = "lua/MarineCommander.lua"
    normPath = "lua/marinecommander.lua"
    NewPath = "lua/MarineCommander.lua"
    ret = nil
    #12: Load lua/EventTester.lua:185
    fileName = "lua/MarineCommander.lua"
    #13: lua/Shared.lua:133
    #14: Script_Load [C]:-1
    #15: Load lua/LoadTracker.lua:33
    scriptPath = "lua/Shared.lua"
    normPath = "lua/shared.lua"
    NewPath = "lua/Shared.lua"
    ret = nil
    #16: lua/combat_Server.lua:62
    Loading config://ServerConfig.json
    Loading config://ServerAdmin.json
    Loading config://BannedPlayers.json
    Loading config://MapCycle.json
    Loading config://ConsistencyConfig.json
    Hashed 1 game_setup.xml files for consistency
    Hashed 855 *.lua files for consistency
    Hashed 36 *.fx files for consistency
    Hashed 15 *.screenfx files for consistency
    Hashed 118 *.surface_shader files for consistency
    Hashed 3 *.fxh files for consistency
    Hashed 3 *.render_setup files for consistency
    Hashed 2 *.shader_template files for consistency
    Error: The message ChatClient was already hooked
    [Server] Script Error #2: lua/TechData.lua:644: table index is nil
    Call stack:
    #1: SetCachedTechData lua/TechData.lua:644
    techId = nil
    fieldName = "costkey"
    data = 99
    inserted = false
    entry = {199=0 }
    #2: lua/combat_Values.lua:189
    generalCost = 99
    #3: Script_Load [C]:-1
    #4: scriptLoad lua/LoadTracker.lua:33
    scriptPath = "lua/combat_Values.lua"
    normPath = "lua/combat_values.lua"
    NewPath = "lua/combat_Values.lua"
    ret = nil
    #5: Load lua/EventTester.lua:185
    fileName = "lua/combat_Values.lua"
    #6: lua/combat_Server.lua:87
    Loading 'maps/ns2_co_core.level'

Scripts Error... help.
  • nikodimus86nikodimus86 Join Date: 2012-10-22 Member: 163188Members
    My LMG started to spit fire like a flamethrower. Besides that. I think devour for the onos is GREAT!. :)
  • MCMLXXXIVMCMLXXXIV Join Date: 2010-04-14 Member: 71400Members
    ErhardMan wrote: »
    That's strange... are you getting errors like this every time you run the game? Also, is this on build 246?
  • JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    That LMG flamethrower thing bug is also in classic ns2.
    edited May 2013
    edited May 2013
    MCMLXXXIV wrote: »
    ErhardMan wrote: »
    That's strange... are you getting errors like this every time you run the game? Also, is this on build 246?

Error in the latest build...
    the cause?

type miss sry.
  • JibrailJibrail Join Date: 2009-04-16 Member: 67200Members
    edited May 2013
    we are having a small playtest of the new version now, if anyone is interested join us IP: 62.65.106.53:27050

EDIT:
    Test is now done, thank all of you who joined and helped us!
    edited May 2013
    I want to help as Asia server. as test and release server
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Lul, lets re-implement an ability that people became very agitated with in NS1 which took you out of the game for a couple of seconds and implement it into a "fast paced" mod of the game, YES that sounds brilliant.
    Syknik wrote: »
    Lul, lets re-implement an ability that people became very agitated with in NS1 which took you out of the game for a couple of seconds and implement it into a "fast paced" mod of the game, YES that sounds brilliant.
    well to be honest we did lower it to 5 seconds and that is a pretty BIG change from how long it took to kill you in NS2, we are also trying to make those few seconds interactive so its not as boring as just staring at the screen.
  • JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    You will love the new devour !!!
  • Korn09Korn09 Join Date: 2013-03-23 Member: 184285Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    So if you kill the onos within those 5 seconds, is the person saved or do they still die? It was nice in NS1 where you could chase the onos down and potentially save a teammate.
  • DarkSeraphDarkSeraph Join Date: 2004-06-07 Member: 29174Members
    JimWest wrote: »
    You will love the new devour !!!

haha oh my you did not create a 'devoured by onos minigame', did you? I'm excited to see the new patch, when is release?
    Korn09 wrote: »
    So if you kill the onos within those 5 seconds, is the person saved or do they still die? It was nice in NS1 where you could chase the onos down and potentially save a teammate.

Currently, you are saved, but as it's only 5 seconds it's happened to me only once. I don't believe they have any desire to change that.
  • MagnetoMagneto Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75856Members
    edited May 2013
    I was thinking it would be nice to see the 24 player limit removed or at least increased to 32, i know there was some spawn issues originally but with the changes coming it would be good to let us have the option.

About exos, i was wondering if instead of being limited to only one of each why not allowed two of the same?

Also hows build menu coming along, are there any other improvements planned?
    24 player cap is set by UWE not us
    New buy menu will go into the new version of combat and not current one, too much work to do it twice.
    The build menu is coming along - most of the code is written but there are some bugs to iron out and we need to work on the GUI - it won't be available in this version of combat but will definitely be in our rewritten code/Xenoswarm release, in a few weeks!
  • MagnetoMagneto Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75856Members
    I've seen normal servers with more than 32 so im not sure its a hard limit in ns2, i only ask as all combat servers have been 24 and i tried running my own a while ago.

Looking forward to new combat/xenoswarm, i have played around with the bots in eem and they're not bad, a bit simple but they work, though i couldn't figure out how to make them stronger?
    Okay, can we get some conformity - should all maps be just co_name or ns2_co_name? I'm happy to republish my maps as just co_name, but we should agree on a naming scheme to make this easier for servers.
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    I think co_name would be ideal.
  • SnipoSnipo Join Date: 2004-04-26 Member: 28234Members, Constellation
    i miss ink! why completely remove it? thats one less alien upgrade did you guys take out emp or scan?. dont take out things without replacing it! come on guys. tweak it lower the radius raise the timer! but don't give up on it.
    edited May 2013
    Ink presented a BIG problem, specially when used multiple times at the same spot so we removed it for now until we figure out how to reduce its radios or maybe even make it more transparent.

on an another note, what do you guys think of the latest version we published yesterday? video of change log will be coming soon btw!
  • SolarisSolaris Join Date: 2003-05-11 Member: 16213Members
    Just a quick question: in the changelog video you talked about the new pwer node thing and said mappers might have to convert their maps. Do combat maps REQUIRE power nodes now or is it still optional? What are the exact effects for power nodes in Combat now? Is it only the lights or does it have an effect on preplaced structures (like an armory at Marine start), spawning, etc.?
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    If I was going to make a combat map, do I have to do anything special or can i just make it?
  • SolarisSolaris Join Date: 2003-05-11 Member: 16213Members
    DarkSeraph wrote: »
    Okay, can we get some conformity - should all maps be just co_name or ns2_co_name? I'm happy to republish my maps as just co_name, but we should agree on a naming scheme to make this easier for servers.
    My suggestion would be co2_name. So players don't end up downloading old maps from the internet and wonder why they don't work (just an off chance, I know). It'll also help so there's no confusion when talking about a map if it's an original one or a remake:
    "co_faceoff" <-- original or remake?
    "co2_faceoff" <-- clearly the remake. while "co_faceoff" refers to the original.

I don't really mind the ns2_co_name version, either. Conformity would be nice though

Solaris wrote: »
    My suggestion would be co2_name. So players don't end up downloading old maps from the internet and wonder why they don't work (just an off chance, I know). It'll also help so there's no confusion when talking about a map if it's an original one or a remake:
    "co_faceoff" <-- original or remake?
    "co2_faceoff" <-- clearly the remake. while "co_faceoff" refers to the original.

I don't really mind the ns2_co_name version, either. Conformity would be nice though

I personally don't care for co2_name. If it's a combat map that works in ns2 co_ is fine; it's not like people are confusing a .bsp for a .level. People will just know if it is a remake or not, the delineation seems unnecessary.
  • SnipoSnipo Join Date: 2004-04-26 Member: 28234Members, Constellation
    i don't get how you just remove an alien upgrade like that! bring it back just raise the timer for now, tweak it !
    Solaris wrote: »
    Just a quick question: in the changelog video you talked about the new pwer node thing and said mappers might have to convert their maps. Do combat maps REQUIRE power nodes now or is it still optional? What are the exact effects for power nodes in Combat now? Is it only the lights or does it have an effect on preplaced structures (like an armory at Marine start), spawning, etc.?
    Oh yeah, sorry. I should have been more specific!
    The power nodes are still optional and structures in Combat don't require power. If you add power nodes into your map they will only affect the lighting and the auto-heal mechanic stops them being too annoying!
  • bluemanblueman Join Date: 2002-04-09 Member: 399Members
    I think the changes add more depth and give a more powerful gameplay. This mod is getting better each release, really god job

Pd: devour add is as nice as it can get, gj.
    edited May 2013
    blueman wrote: »
    I think the changes add more depth and give a more powerful gameplay. This mod is getting better each release, really god job

Pd: devour add is as nice as it can get, gj.
    Thanks, we also feel it made a big empact on overall gameplay, the devour really is looking good thanks to Ice our awesome modeler hopefully we will see more new models now that a new modeler have joined us and will lift some wight off of Ice.

On a different note dude I love your map, maybe work with "Who is Mike Jones?" to finally finish it? it still needs some props, lighting and texturing.
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/121430