A Masterpiece

2»

Comments

• tummy_yummytummy_yummy Join Date: 2013-05-01 Member: 185073Members, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Supporter
    chess doesn't count. white is OP
    lol! hitreg issues, mainly
  • FlipperFlipper Join Date: 2012-08-08 Member: 155120Members
    Calling a game a masterpiece always will and always has been a opinion. Some people called WarZ a masterpiece and defended it from EVERY criticism.
  • KuddlyKalliKuddlyKalli Yuggera Country Join Date: 2010-12-23 Member: 75905Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester

Glad you're enjoying the game, OP. Posts like this help lift the spirits of the devs, and they appreciate it. :)
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2013
    Squishpoke wrote: »
    NS2 is pretty much the only decent multiplayer game to have come out since 2007.

What is Red Orchestra 2, for $3 in the humble bundle.

NS2 is good, and has the potential to be great, but balance issues need to be sorted out. When Starcraft first came out it was a mess, but eventually after Brood War, several patches, and years in time passage, it became the king of the genre.

Forgot about Red Orchestra 2 when I agreed with that comment! That's definitely a quality game. It seems that the small developers are giving us the highest quality games at the moment
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    *whispers* battle zone remake
  • PreddiePreddie Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8367Members
    edited May 2013
    I agree this is a masterpiece. Played NS1 around 2000+ hours, played NS2 now 100+ hours and it's fun. The only problem i have that i'm become a bad player. More mid-range, while in the time of NS1 I was always ranked higher on the scorebord. I think it's my age now :) Maby some players here can remind me with the name 'Preddie'. Wasn't very active on this forum tough.
  • KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    *whispers* battle zone remake

*whispers* Bionite - Origins
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    LOL, the game is supposed to have been finished in the "first part of 2013." I haven't heard a single derping about it, and it's certainly not on Steam.

Unfortunate. Battlezone '98 is one of my top10 games of all time for sure. For its time it was beyond unthinkably incredible.
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Just had an amazing set of rounds on a 32 man server. Every one was a series of nail biter victories. I basically don't game anymore except for ns2, because nothing else satisfies like this.
  • IndustryIndustry Esteemed Gentleman Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72344Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Flipper wrote: »
    Calling a game a masterpiece always will and always has been a opinion. Some people called WarZ a masterpiece and defended it from EVERY criticism.

Stockholm syndrome at its finest.

• Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2013
    Stockholm syndrome? I don't see anyone being taken hostage here...?
  • Metal ManMetal Man Join Date: 2011-11-13 Member: 132717Members
    Not here... on WarZ man. Read the text
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited May 2013
    Rellik_pt wrote: »
    ]
    you not the only one but seems they only believe with video proof...
    Its not about 'believing", it's about having something to actually go on, something to investigate.

I don't doubt many are experiencing hitreg issues.. Real or perceived. Hell, I *knew* I was experiencing it with the shotgun and leaping skulk.. Until frame scrubbing an hour of footage for that scenario with multiple variations, ad nauseum, only revealed a very accurate hit box.

What I'm saying is : help fix it by providing anything to go on. Because we have no leads. If the only current incarnation is blood without damage numbers, then that's still something to start with..
    :-)
  • FrustrationFrustration Join Date: 2013-01-19 Member: 180628Members

Glad you're enjoying the game, OP. Posts like this help lift the spirits of the devs, and they appreciate it. :)

Would like to point out, that you have made a very good game based around a very good idea.Everything that can be done from the development side is top notch.

But if you add lag, human error and different computer specs, you get something that gives you very good games or complete steamrolls(which in this game is better because of the commander, hence the very good idea).