crosshair failing consistency

ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
edited May 2013 in Technical Support
hey guys, since the latest patch my modded alien vision works, but it just came to my attention that my custom crosshair is failing

Anyone know if this is a bug or if there is a workaround? I even modified the default xhair file and if I do that it just completely kicks me out of the game. I can't really play with the default because I can't see it/focus on it, that and the sizes for the guns give a really bad example of where the shots fire for the lmg/pistol.

Comments

• RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    I have been told that the new consistency checking is slightly different, thus the crosshairs can be consistency checked if the server is not reconfigured correctly after that new update.
    Crosshairs are NOT checked by default if you create a new server though.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Well I hope it gets fixed cause I really honestly cannot aim without my personal crosshair color/preference
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Regnareb wrote: »
    I have been told that the new consistency checking is slightly different, thus the crosshairs can be consistency checked if the server is not reconfigured correctly after that new update.
    Crosshairs are NOT checked by default if you create a new server though.
    http://www.ensl.org/topics/781

Servers need to update their consistency checks if their using the ENSL settings.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Yeah it seems to be working alright now, thanks for the info