Game is stuck in "Downloading Mod" Help

benoveerbenoveer Join Date: 2013-04-23 Member: 184950Members, Reinforced - Supporter
I went to go try and play NS2 today like I've done 1000 other times, well.. every server I joined got the "Downloading Mods" screen stuck. I have deleted , reinstall, wiped out mods, set the house on fire, and nothing works

Comments

• f0urt3f0urt3 Join Date: 2007-07-24 Member: 61671Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2013
    I got the same thing. I wiped everything in appData, reinstalled (twice), removed all mods, and nothing fixed it. After looking at the logs, it looks like it's downloading multiple copies of what appears to be a random recent mod (I didn't choose it and the server I tried didn't list it). Today it was some crosshairs mod, yesterday it was the FC3 tatoo.

What worked for me was going to mods from the home screen of NS2 and disabling the two copies that are stuck downloading (@ 0%). Then I was able to enter a game.

Hope that helps.
  • benoveerbenoveer Join Date: 2013-04-23 Member: 184950Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    how you look at the log ?
    It is in <Your User Home>AppData/Roaming/Natural Selection 2/ and (cleverly) named log.txt.

The workshop directory there has all the downloaded mods within it, too.
  • SamarutoSamaruto Join Date: 2013-04-23 Member: 184953Members
    edited April 2013
    f0urt3 wrote: »
    It is in <Your User Home>AppData/Roaming/Natural Selection 2/ and (cleverly) named log.txt.

I have the same problem too - and the last thing in my log is always:

Error: Attempted to load remote options from a file that does not exist.

???????????????????
  • Rascal84Rascal84 Join Date: 2012-12-08 Member: 174532Members
    I have same problem.
    Starting download of 'DAK Admin Kit'
    Error: Couldn't download mod 'DAK Admin Kit' (error code: 16)
    Finished downloading and installing mods

If its not DAK its NS2Stats. I have this mods subscribed, downloaded and active. But now i cant join any game at any server. Always this ....
    I dont think its the actual mod.
    Its happens on different mods too.
  • benoveerbenoveer Join Date: 2013-04-23 Member: 184950Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    where is this - <Your User Home>AppData/Roaming/Natural Selection 2/ and (cleverly) named log.txt.
    and whats you do ?
    For many people <Your User Home>AppData/Roaming/Natural Selection 2 will be C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Natural Selection 2. Mine happens to be somewhere else. You can get there in Windows 7 by opening "My Computer" and clicking on "C", then on "Users", then on your username, then on "AppData" and so on until you have opened the Natural Selection 2 folder. If you have WIndows 8, well then I have no idea how to get there. I don't have Windows 8.

You can then open the log.txt file there with any text editor (notepad, wordpad, MS word, and so on)

I think/hope that answers your question.
    edited April 2013
    Samaruto wrote: »
    I have the same problem too - and the last thing in my log is always:

???????????????????
    I saw this from time to time too. After seeing the "Downloading Mods", drop into the console (~) and type "disconnect" and then leave the console (~ again). Make sure you're on the home screen for NS where is has Play, Options, Mods, etc... Click on mods and see what it lists. For me, there were three of the same mod listed. One of the three was downloaded and active. The others were not downloaded and listed at 0% complete. Once I disabled the ones that aren't downloaded, it started to work again.

Let me know if it helps.

• dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    There was an steamupdate today. Maybe something went wrong there.

I noticed some strange on my server today: Serverbrowser shows always 18 slots=full server, but there where only 17 for 2 hrs. Maybe people cant connect cause the moddownload error, dont know.
  • Rascal84Rascal84 Join Date: 2012-12-08 Member: 174532Members
    Hope for the best :-)
    This WORKS - After seeing the "Downloading Mods", drop into the console (~) and type "disconnect" and then leave the console (~ again). Make sure you're on the home screen for NS where is has Play, Options, Mods, etc... Click on mods and see what it lists. For me, there were three of the same mod listed. One of the three was downloaded and active. The others were not downloaded and listed at 0% complete. Once I disabled the ones that aren't downloaded, it started to work again.
    THANKS f0urt3
    benoveer wrote: »
    The others were not downloaded and listed at 0% complete. Once I disabled the ones that aren't downloaded, it started to work again.

HOLY TITTS - IT WORKS!!! HURAYYYY!!!

• ReekahReekah Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168593Members