ModJam Day 3: The hump - UnknownWorlds

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited April 2013 in NS2 General Discussion

imageModJam Day 3: The hump - UnknownWorlds

Day three. Wednesday. The middle. The hump. The days with two days either side. Whatever – This is an important day, because it means that time is fast running out for the three teams in the UWE mod-jam. Read about Day 1/Day 2.

Read the full story here

Comments

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Bump to open comment thread
  • GuspazGuspaz Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2862Members, Constellation
    Looking forward to trying these out!
  • GeezerGeezer Join Date: 2004-09-28 Member: 31976Members
  • Spektor56Spektor56 Join Date: 2010-11-10 Member: 74858Members
    The mod scene used to be so popular, not so much now... Can't wait for these modes to come out to have a toy with.
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    Looks like a redo of Landing pad from docking.
  • KuddlyKalliKuddlyKalli Yuggera Country Join Date: 2010-12-23 Member: 75905Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Yep, it's based on docking's landing pad. Now drastically altered and 200% more awesome.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I'm confused, new game mode?
  • Sharp-ShooterSharp-Shooter Join Date: 2011-05-11 Member: 98364Members
    in game camera's, will this make it into ns2? how cool would it be if marines take secure of a tech point and then have access to computers with cameras watching certain areas of the map such as rt's or maybe other techpoints!
  • M1sterS1rM1sterS1r Join Date: 2013-02-12 Member: 183014Members
    Hi guys, just want to say, I have been thinking about how these cameras could work in NS2. I was thinking about it about a month before I posted it on March 30th, here at this link.
    http://www.nationalgaming.org/index.php?/topic/417-idea-for-ns2/

I really hope you guys implement cameras into NS2 :D
  • AtoneAtone Join Date: 2009-09-21 Member: 68839Members
    If this is supposed to make me want to get off my ass and start a mod, it's working.
  • rmbrown09rmbrown09 Join Date: 2012-10-17 Member: 162592Members
    Are you guys gonna run these mods on some of your official servers?
  • M1sterS1rM1sterS1r Join Date: 2013-02-12 Member: 183014Members
    edited April 2013
    Just so you guys don't have to open that link, here you go :)

-One in each room max
    -Commander places them, Rines build them
    -Replaces Sentry Battery (Or needs a "Camera Battery")
    -Has a cone of vision
    -Static
    -Runs on Battery, it's own power

Alien Counter

-Vortex turns into Refraction (Bending of Light)
    -An area that Refraction is placed into, lets say a square big enough to cover a doorway.
    -That area shows a picture of whatever is behind it, but without the Aliens
    -Takes all of Fade's Energy
    -Lasts 10 seconds

Example: Security Camera is facing a hallway, a Skulk runs into the hallway, and is chased by a Marine that had seen it on the Camera.
    Fade Uses Refraction in the hallway
    3 or 4 Skulks hide behind Refraction, and all that shows up on the camera is the rest of the hallway, as if nothing was happening. Or, an Onos, and then 2 Skulks take out the camera, while the Onos remains invisible to the Marine Eye.

Others have mentioned the Observatory, while that just shows where the aliens are, it doesn't show what class the aliens are. Also someone had mentioned being able to put an Obs next to the camera would defeat the purpose of Refraction, but not necessarily because again, it only shows how many and their location, not the class, so having 3 Onos and one Skulk behind a Refraction could fool a Rine into thinking it was a couple Skulks. Then you have the Hallucinations as well, that could fool the camera. and maybe depending on how long into the game the cameras come into play, maybe make Refraction (Vortex) upgradeable earlier.

I just wanna say, Im also really looking forward to these three games. I can't WAIT to see how they all turn out :D
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Cameras! :D This will lead to PhaseGates you can see the destination through. :)
    Also, can't wait to test these mods.
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Amazing last stand poster! Definitely looking forward to this mod the most, as it's no doubt something most NS 2 fans have been dreaming about, and the NS2 universe is perfect for it. Though that being said, it looks like Heist and the Fighter game may very well end up being incredibly fun just as well! (Looks like Heist is growing out to be a big one, wonder if they will get it done in time)
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Looking forward to trying these out. :)
  • GrayWGrayW UK Join Date: 2009-12-18 Member: 69701Members
    Today, Max got a cool new feature working: In game cameras. Players can use these cameras to spy on other parts of the map, watching security guards, systems, and even their teammates.

This could really lead to some new tactics if implemented in someway to the core game :D
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Will there be commander in last stand?
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    xen32 wrote: »
    Will there be commander in last stand?

Nope, no commander. :) And also Rant's artwork for Last Stand and Fighter is incredible. The mods teams have been fighting over her time and skills :P
  • ma$$a$$terma$$a$$ter Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165651Members
    Rant is an amazingly talented artist , but we all knew that : * )
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    And I'm still not sure what Heist is about. Will it be stealth coop vs AI Spilnter cell coop style? Or more like Payday? Or is player vs player, again, like Splinter cell?
  • GreenFlameGreenFlame Join Date: 2011-03-17 Member: 86860Members
    Please take as much time as n\you need to complete the mods, they sound really interesting =)
  • EgoGamerEgoGamer Join Date: 2012-06-21 Member: 153536Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    xen32 wrote: »
    And I'm still not sure what Heist is about. Will it be stealth coop vs AI Spilnter cell coop style? Or more like Payday? Or is player vs player, again, like Splinter cell?

It's most like Splinter Cell so far, emphasis on stealth. If you jump to 5:11:00 in this video you can see an early build of it.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    If Last Stand turns out very well you should definitely incorporate that into an official game mode.
  • quintoxquintox Join Date: 2008-11-27 Member: 65594Members
    Camera's :D Would be interesting if this would change the way phasegates are visualized. Instead of a blue glowing light, you could create some kind of portal that shows the exit point on the other phase gate :) That would be awesome.. and you know exactly what fun you'r walking in to :P