NS2Stats.com - Statistics for Natural Selection 2

Comments

• SintSint Join Date: 2007-01-09 Member: 59540Members, Squad Five Blue
    JimWest wrote: »
    Btw., I've changed the mod into hooking mechanism (not all the time possible but mostly),
    not fixing the bug with combat, it's cause we're using an old hooking system that seems to be
    is not working with other mods very well.

Anywhy were currently rewriting the combat mod cause it's based on a very old code base.
    If you want to have the code from ns2 stats "hooked", I can send it to you.

If you could tell me different kind of ways to hook/override functions that would be enough i guess.. in a private message or something.
    DarkSeraph wrote: »
    Sint wrote: »
    - Added simple death heatmaps http://ns2stats.org/map/map/74 (thanks Megagun!)

Awesome! Any chance you can also have it by team? I'd love to see if there are spots where marines or aliens get more kills, or if it's pretty even.

I also wish that there was an easier way to filter by game type, other than parsing through the list of 1 million mods. That way you can easily exclude stats from other games types, and pull just combat, just classic, or just your balance test mod.

I'm so excited about having ns2stats loaded via hooks, any ETA?

Not really ETA available atm. Support for combat mod can be done in a day prob (the hooking), when I have time and if I get some hooking tips. Thou rewriting ns2stats for that SparkMod framework(currently being made) will take some time.
  • TechnIckSTechnIckS Join Date: 2007-01-14 Member: 59616Members
    I ended up copying your mod's files and all the other mods' files that i am using and making a big package with all - that fixed the issue, no more errors. THere are still here and there players that complain about it not working 100% of the time but it's for sure better!
  • NatteNatte Join Date: 2013-04-11 Member: 184746Members
    wireaudio wrote: »
    I ended up copying your mod's files and all the other mods' files that i am using and making a big package with all - that fixed the issue, no more errors. THere are still here and there players that complain about it not working 100% of the time but it's for sure better!

Any chance you could explain how you went about doing this? I mean I like the functionality this mod brings and I've been trying different ways to install it hoping something will work but it always ends with me disabling it alltogether because I don't want people being locked out of the server after playing on it once.

• DarkSeraphDarkSeraph Join Date: 2004-06-07 Member: 29174Members
    It's been a week since I bugged you last! Any progress on the hooking? I know JimWest & the combat team would be happy to help. Maybe if you need help with hooking send Jim a PM?
    It's been a week since I bugged you last! Any progress on the hooking? I know JimWest & the combat team would be happy to help. Maybe if you need help with hooking send Jim a PM?

Sorry, but no progress this week, just little fix on website. NS2 stats is still looking for coders (Where are them?!). Personally my time is quite limited. But atm I'll convert the mod to plugin when bawNg finishes his framework, so that it will work without much or none changes during patches. That will fix combat mod support also.

• AiorosAioros Join Date: 2003-03-24 Member: 14850Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    can u add numbers for killed RTs below the graph?
    because not build rts are not shown as killed.

Doesn't always work - better leave disabled until its fixed. While that fixed my issue, others started having the issue with the new combination of mods i made. So regardless there's an issue somewhere that needs fixing quick.
    Yay ns2stats team! Any progress this week? Has bawNg made some progress?
    Looks like there are some issues with the new release (246) - any ETA on update? We had to turn it off for now :)
    (unable to see who kills who, pings are infinite duration, etc.)
    wireaudio wrote: »
    Looks like there are some issues with the new release (246) - any ETA on update? We had to turn it off for now :)
    (unable to see who kills who, pings are infinite duration, etc.)

Yes it breaks on every build as usual. There prob won't be update for a while. Making the mod support new launchpad would seem to take hours with testing. So mod might be down for a week or two. Until its recoded as a plugin for sparkmod. After recoding, it wont break on every build.

• dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    Small feature request:
    Can you release a "light-version" maybe till fully operational again?

There some features i dont want to miss anymore:
    - Assist points
    - Badges shown in the scoreboard
    - Award @ roundend
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    A 'lite' version with tournament mode + stats collection would be great in the short term.
    I just want the badges and assists lol
    edited May 2013
    [UPDATE]
    - Mod is now updated for build 246

.. seems that launchpad builder stuff etc was optional and mod worked like before when placing all files manually into output folder and updated lua files like before. But anyway the rework will happen in 1-2 weeks which will also enable stats for combat mod.
    [UPDATE]
    - Bug with building is fixed now.
  • naXynaXy Join Date: 2008-07-12 Member: 64618Members
    its still buggy, commander is unable to use buildings (researches etc.) after some time. Happened in 2 consecutive rounds.
    edited May 2013
    naXy wrote: »
    its still buggy, commander is unable to use buildings (researches etc.) after some time. Happened in 2 consecutive rounds.

Hmmh, kk, will look into in later today.

Did this happen on marine side, alien side or both?
    [UPDATE]
    - There was another bug with recycle, which is reason why research stopped working too. Its fixed now
  • naXynaXy Join Date: 2008-07-12 Member: 64618Members
    edited May 2013
    It happened only on marines side, seen it happen in 5 games by now and only for marine commander.

There also seems to be a TeamRes bug out there, not sure it's ns2stats' fault. Randomly teams gain 200tres.
    [UPDATE]
    - Added hide stats command to My Account page. This hides player's stats from public and can be only seen by him/herself if logged in. Also makes player name appear as <hidden> in round pages.
    - Internet Exploder 9 should now work correctly with ns2stats.org.
    Sint said:
    .. seems that launchpad builder stuff etc was optional and mod worked like before when placing all files manually into output folder and updated lua files like before. But anyway the rework will happen in 1-2 weeks which will also enable stats for combat mod.

Woot one more weeeeek! I'm so excited, I hope everything is on track and 246 didn't mess you guys up too much.
  • HypergripHypergrip Suspect Germany Join Date: 2002-11-23 Member: 9689Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Just dropping by to add my "+1" to the request for location specific stats. With the numbers for Marine kills, Alien kill and the total alone it could greatly help mappers itentifying "hotspots" and areas that greatly seem to favour one team.
    Hypergrip said:
    Just dropping by to add my "+1" to the request for location specific stats. With the numbers for Marine kills, Alien kill and the total alone it could greatly help mappers itentifying "hotspots" and areas that greatly seem to favour one team.
    So there is a current kill graph (at bottom) however to your point I'd like to see marine vs alien kills, as well as the kill balance by location and for the entire map, to see where which team has an advantage and if it's balanced overall.

Of course I'm much more excited to have ns2stats in combat again, but the above would be super helpful.
  • A[L]CA[L]C Join Date: 2010-07-25 Member: 72801Members
    Broken :(

Error 500
    The table "player" for active record class "Player" cannot be found in the database
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    So, today Explosifbe, Regnareb and matso found out that there were some servers were you could still get glancing bites on structures (this was disabled a few builds ago) and turns out it's NS2Stats using an old NS2Utility.lua, PerformGradualMeleeAttack is the method that needs updating.

I'm not sure how far along that rewrite is, but fixing this shouldn't take more than 2 minutes...
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Mendasp wrote: »
    So, today Explosifbe, Regnareb and matso found out that there were some servers were you could still get glancing bites on structures (this was disabled a few builds ago) and turns out it's NS2Stats using an old NS2Utility.lua, PerformGradualMeleeAttack is the method that needs updating.

I'm not sure how far along that rewrite is, but fixing this shouldn't take more than 2 minutes...
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2117605/#Comment_2117605

This is a big priority, since all comp servers are running ns2stats.
    ScardyBob wrote: »
    Mendasp wrote: »

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2117605/#Comment_2117605

This is a big priority, since all comp servers are running ns2stats.

Thanks for reporting the issue. Its fixed now.

Also mod updated for build 247.

(Recoding as plugin not done yet, but started.. Some summer slacking here.)
    Updated for 248 and removed check which disables ns2stats on new builds.