Who misses the heavy machine gun ?

2»

Comments

• deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    if i brought it to ns2 i would have it exactly same as lmg but with 2x the clip size.
  • MigeMige Join Date: 2005-03-19 Member: 45796Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited April 2013
    current1y wrote: »
    I sort of agree with tarquin. However a properly balanced HMG I can't really see as a bad thing. It doesn't need to be crazy OP if it gets put in. Make it cost 15 res, hold 50 bullets and do 2 more points of damage then the LMG? How much more damage did NS1 HMG do? I wouldn't want it to be quite as powerful from what i remember in 2004 or 05.

LMG: Damage W0 10, Light weight weapon, magazine 50 and great accuracy
    HMG: Damage W0 20, Heavy weapon (will impact jetpack etc), Magazine 125 and accuracy almost halfed (not sure)
    Can't remember was the rate of fire same (If i remember right they were) & reloading was a lot of slower. Exo's are okay but I still prefer HA & HMG even better JP & HMG ;) Exo's remember me that they were from avatar :)
  • Apreche2Apreche2 Join Date: 2012-08-06 Member: 154849Members
    edited April 2013
    The original HMG was a bigger LMG with larger clip, slower reload time, and more dps. But really what people miss is just the feel of it. They like feeling like they've had a significant upgrade. I think NS2 can have that feel without actually bringing back the HMG.

How about when the marines get weapons upgrade 1, the weapons actually look, sound, and feel different. The dps can be what it is now, but just the aesthetic changes. There will be three slightly different LMGs. The level 3 weapons LMG will feel badass like the HMG did, but is no differen than the L3 LMG we have today.

The same thing can be done for armor upgrades or even alien carapace. Let the aliens look a little different when they have carapace. This kind of thing has always been a positive in video games. Think about RPGs where changing your equipment changes your character's appearance.

EDIT: I just realized one problem with this. Unlike aliens who evolve to change upgrades, the marine weapon/armor upgrades appear and disappear instantly to marines both living and dead. You don't want to change the game so that marines have to go back to the armory or respawn to get upgrades. So here's how you do it. When an upgrade finishes, the updates to the guns appear with a blueprint and build themselves with a cool animation. Likewise, when the arms lab goes down. they disappear with a blueprint animation. Demoralizing!
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It was stupid in ns1 as it made skulks worthless, you couldnt even be cannon fodder because it killed you too fast to make your life worthwhile
  • MkollMkoll Join Date: 2013-02-11 Member: 182996Members
    ScardyBob wrote: »
    |strofix| wrote: »
    I miss the nuke
    I've always supported simply nuking the entire site from orbit :)
    It's the only way to be sure ...