Steam Support : This CDKEY has been banned, please contact retailer.

BoobzorBoobzor Join Date: 2012-11-07 Member: 168059Members
Ok, I've bought Natural Selection 2 in pre-order.
I've played the game a lot the first maybe three weeks when game released. Had lots a fun, but then i switched to more addictive games and i havent touched Natural Selection 2 since then.

Last week, i was briefly on a keen state to retry Natural Selection 2 and see the changes since the last time i played, there must have been quiet a lot of patches.

Browsing my Steam games and it asked me to buy Natural Selection 2, i was like w...t....f?
So, my first guess was well it must Steam error or something like that when Steam Support answered me 36 hours later saying that my CD-KEY is banned.

Just wondering guys, how do you get banned from a game you don't play ?
I'm really curious now.

Comments

• IndustryIndustry Esteemed Gentleman Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72344Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
  • BoobzorBoobzor Join Date: 2012-11-07 Member: 168059Members
    Ive always acquired my CDKEY from chineses and this is the first game i have troubles with.
    Bought Battlefield 3 Russian Edition for 19€ the days it used to cost 59€. FIFA 13 13.99€. And the list would be looong. Never had troubles.

But seriously, Comming from some random half-skilled programmers companies, i'm not surprised.
    Peace out. I didn't like your game anyway.
  • SixtyWattManSixtyWattMan Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31404Members
    Boobzor wrote: »
    Ive always acquired my CDKEY from chineses and this is the first game i have troubles with.
    Bought Battlefield 3 Russian Edition for 19€ the days it used to cost 59€. FIFA 13 13.99€. And the list would be looong. Never had troubles.

But seriously, Comming from some random half-skilled programmers companies, i'm not surprised.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA
    yea it's fun, glafully was only 9.99€ iirc.
    yea it's fun, glafully was only 9.99€ iirc.

Never give a Slav your money. I hope you've learned your lesson.

I always did, i own over 80 games dispatched from Steam to Origin, Gamespot and Ubisoft Launcher.
    Like i said.

N.E.V.E.R had troubles.

don't worry, facts are i would have played this game 2 hours and never touch it again heh i know it.
    Not a big loss.

• duke_Qaduke_Qa Join Date: 2007-09-22 Member: 62405Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Big enough that you went through the trouble to make an account on the forums and ask about it.

Besides, if you had bought the game on a steam-sale, you'd gotten it for the same price that you now have lost. So yeah.
  • ShakerShaker Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9582Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Can the mods let us laugh at this guy together? Please!
    duke_Qa wrote: »
    Big enough that you went through the trouble to make an account on the forums and ask about it.

Besides, if you had bought the game on a steam-sale, you'd gotten it for the same price that you now have lost. So yeah.

Negative, got it for 9.99€ instead of 15.99€ iirc.

Big enough, yea, you pay for shit, you own the shit, no matter where you got it. It's open borders goddamnit.
    Not like i give a damn about 10€ i barely get drunk with 60 on week ends.
    but i buy a lot of games so yea i chose Hard Discount.

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2013

I think you've got something mixed up here. It's not the game or the programming that is at fault here (or the devs for that matter), it's an issue with the "reseller" who sold you the key, a key he obtained using stolen credit card information. I'd try contacting them if you want a refund and purchase it through nonshady dealers like the official ones mentioned in the article posted by UWE

When buying through those nonofficial dealers you are bound to run into something like this some day... The general rule of thumb here is: "If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is..."
  • rmbrown09rmbrown09 Join Date: 2012-10-17 Member: 162592Members
    So this is either
    1. 5/10 April fools joke
    2. Just a genuinely unintelligent person

I always did, i own over 80 games dispatched from Steam to Origin, Gamespot and Ubisoft Launcher.
    Like i said.

N.E.V.E.R had troubles.

don't worry, facts are i would have played this game 2 hours and never touch it again heh i know it.
    Not a big loss.

Ok, I've bought Natural Selection 2 in pre-order.
    I've played the game a lot the first maybe three weeks when game released. Had lots a fun, but then i switched to more addictive games and i havent touched Natural Selection 2 since then.

Last week, i was briefly on a keen state to retry Natural Selection 2 and see the changes since the last time i played, there must have been quiet a lot of patches.

Browsing my Steam games and it asked me to buy Natural Selection 2, i was like w...t....f?
    So, my first guess was well it must Steam error or something like that when Steam Support answered me 36 hours later saying that my CD-KEY is banned.

Just wondering guys, how do you get banned from a game you don't play ?
    I'm really curious now.

lol
    Kouji_San wrote: »

I think you've got something mixed up here. It's not the game or the programming that is at fault here, it's an issue with the "reseller" who sold you the key, a key he obtained using stolen credit card information. I'd try contacting them if you want a refund and purchase it through nonshady dealers like the official ones mentioned in the article posted by UWE

C'mon dude.

The website i buy my keys, he sells a key every few minutes. This is a trusted website, no credit card thieve or stuff like that, where did u get such strong stuff.
    They play with money currency and games prices in different countries. That's how they do profits.

• YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
    So just get a refund from the website since they are trusted I am sure there will be no issue.
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    This is going no where. The second post answered your question. Locked.
This discussion has been closed.