Nexzil Proving Grounds Tournament!

VirsoulVirsoul Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151977Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos
edited July 2015 in Competitive Play
tpD7qYF.png

Nexzil is hosting a tournament for all the underdogs, dark horses and longshots. We've seen some exciting games from teams in every division and we'd like to give you a chance to show what you are capable of against other promising teams. That's why, for this tournament we've opted not to allow any team who made it through to the Round of Eight in the NSL Invitational to participate. That means no Arc, Nexzil, Godar, or other powerhouses of NS2. This is a tournament for those willing to prove themselves.

The tournament will be limited to 24 teams with those signing up first having priority. Group stages will be round robin and take place the weekend of April 20th/21st. The top 3 teams from each group will move through to the single-elimination championship April 27th/28th. In order to find the best balance for international timezones, matches on Saturdays will start at 2:00pm EST/19:00 GMT and matches on Sundays will start at 12:00pm EST/17:00 GMT. Knowing that not every team plays from these timezones, we'll do our best to accommodate with match timings. The rules will be the same used by ENSL for ease and familiarity. Above all, we're expecting teams to follow the golden rule and show a great deal of sportsmanship throughout the tournament.

Prizes
W49NpLk.jpg
First Place - Six ASUS Echelon Camo Edition Gaming Headsets
The team to secure themselves first place will receive six Echelon Gaming Headsets from ASUS! These high quality headsets are built for comfort and offer true to life audio.

1Upo7DV.gif
Second Place - Three Month MULTIPLAY 24-Slot server
Multiplay is providing a server for three months to the team who takes second place. This is a great opportunity for any team looking for a place of their own to practice. Multiplay's servers are international and are the same used by UWE.

If your team is ready, please email nexzilprovinggrounds@gmail.com to sign up. What we'll need in the message is: Team Name, Players, Preferred Timezone. Any questions/comments can also be directed there or to Virsoul on Steam. If you intend on forming a new team for this, please keep in mind that you may not have more than two players from any team not allowed to participate.

The teams for the tournament are:
All-In
Breakfast Klub
CiB - Goliath Platoon
CiB - Highwind
Damage Networks
DTPN
dysgorge
Forward!
hard.day!
KingKahunaGames
Man Up
NA Kickstart Team (Name TBD)
Next Level Gaming
NeXuS Gaming
Online Game TV
Onslaught
Original Gorges
Precaching
Quaxy
RadicaL
RadicaL2
Team 156
Vetus
VexX

Link to brackets and schedule:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArRHJFl4JPUjdHRRc0RCUWZWdWhTckpfSE9pQUJZWVE

http://www.challonge.com/nexzilpg

List of streams:
Virsoul -
blind -
Soleanthia -
Gohan Zeta -
Soz - http://www.twitch.tv/ns2soz/
WasabiOne - http://www.twitch.tv/naturalselection2/
Vindaloo -

Last weekend was a giant success! Logistics were a bit of a hurricane, but I think that's something we can improve upon in future tournaments. Thank you to everyone who has participated so far. I made a bracket for the top 12 teams that will competing in the single-elimination tournament. I may not use the website to keep score, but so everyone has a reference to rounds/opponents here's the link: http://challonge.com/nexzilpg

The timetable for the weekend is as follows:

Best of 3
1st Round (Tram) - Saturday (April 27th) - 14:00 EDT / 11:00 PDT / 20:00 CEST
2nd Round (Descent) - Saturday (April 27th) - 15:00 EDT / 12:00 PDT / 21:00 CEST

Best of 5
Semi-Finals (Summit, Veil) - Saturday (April 27th) - 16:00 EDT / 13:00 PDT / 22:00 CEST

Best of 7
Finals (Tram, Descent, Summit) - Sunday (April 28th) - 14:00 EDT / 11:00 PDT / 20:00 CEST

Important to note, these are the times that teams are expect to be ready. Especially the first day, we are under a very strict schedule. What this means for teams is that if you do not have the necessary numbers to field a team at these times, you will forfeit if you are not ready to play. If you require mercs, it's best to find them before hand and possibly extra in case the ones you choose are not accepted by the other team(s). Due to the nature of the bracket, no rescheduling is allowed.

Keep in mind that times may be delayed due to long matches. Teams will be given a 15 minute break after a match (not between rounds) should they require it. Also, no team will be required to start matches before the assigned times for the rounds. Meaning that if a match in the 1st Round ends in 25 minutes, teams will not be required to play until 15:00 EDT.

You'll notice that rounds have been assigned a map rotation. Two rounds will be played on each map with higher seeds being allowed choice of side for first round and then, should a tie breaker round be required, a coin-flip will be used; winner of the flip will pick side and loser of the flip will pick map. Important to note that all maps used the the tournament so far are allowed, even Mineshaft since it was played the first weekend.

Comments

• ShinoShino Join Date: 2012-11-26 Member: 173316Members
    You can make us cookies
  • StrikerX3StrikerX3 Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168423Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The winner team gets to choose what Virsoul will cook for us all!
  • SoleanthiaSoleanthia Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175844Members
    Please permit me to cast some of the games in this tournament. This looks like it'll be a lot of fun. :)
  • BiteyBitey Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151622Members, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
    Just an update, we have 6 out of 20 slots filled within 14 hours of the announcement so double check with your teammates and hit the signups. :DD
  • WillzZzWillzZz Join Date: 2013-01-31 Member: 182667Members
    nL will definitely be there. Sounds fun!
  • VirsoulVirsoul Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151977Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos
    Sign-ups are nearly half full already. Hurry and sign your teams up today!
  • VirsoulVirsoul Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151977Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos
    Bitey just secured us some great prizes for the event! Details will be posted this evening.
  • deathmongerdeathmonger Join Date: 2012-07-06 Member: 153953Members
  • RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Very nice guys, let us know if you need us to cast.
    Thanks Rantology for the image, looks amazing.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Looks pretty sick! GL to all teams participating!
  • GlissGliss Join Date: 2003-03-23 Member: 14800Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    edited March 2013
    wow, the contributions of the community never fail to impress me. great work guys, this is going to be awesome

nice work on the prizes as well! can't wait to hear about the other goodies coming you are way
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    And there's spanish clans in this!!! Can't wait!!!!
  • jewbearjewbear Join Date: 2013-02-09 Member: 182943Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Awesome job. Thanks for putting all this together!
    edited April 2013
    The list of teams was moved to the first post
  • ExoskelettExoskelett Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175509Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    *mailed* any thoughts about ping (dis)advantages?
  • FuleFule Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67683Members
    I just bought a new keyboard, mouse, but now you show me these awesome looking headsets.... why u do dis? .... jk, good luck for everyone, the prize is really awesome!
  • SlayerXSlayerX Poland Join Date: 2004-03-01 Member: 27028Members
    Great to see yet another tournament going up. I'm so glad this event is all about the promising teams and not the top notch ones, good luck!
    edited April 2013
    Also, to honor the 24 player slot server from Multiplay, we've reassessed the tournament and are allowing up to 24 teams to sign up now! We really want everyone who wants to play to be given a shot at these great prizes.
  • GlissGliss Join Date: 2003-03-23 Member: 14800Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    Great job guys, you rock!
  • RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Wow, awesome guys!
  • BiteyBitey Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151622Members, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
    Two more slots remaining, so if you're on the fence it's time to sign up! And for those already signed up double check that you're going to be there for the event. Come this weekend we hopped to fill the last two slots and start assembling refs, casters, and all the backend people needed to make magic happen!

Also the BOX OF HEADPHONES came, it's giant and I was required to sign for all the expensive goodies. I'll be sure to upload a few photos when I have some extra time!
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Can't wait, love what you're doing.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Bitey wrote: »
    Also the BOX OF HEADPHONES came, it's giant and I was required to sign for all the expensive goodies
    ...and then I sold them all on ebay. :P

Haha looking forward to this tournament.
    The event is now FULL 24/24 teams are now signed up! I'm going to be taking some pictures of the headphones today, for everyone who signed up make sure that you'll be able to be there I'd rather not have anyone make a noshow DOUBLE CHECK trippa Check you're timezones.

Also here is another announcement to all shoutcasters/refs/personal assistance! I'll be looking into getting some help, casters, and personal to make sure everything flows together. If you're interested send an email to the nexzilprovinggrounds@gmail.com account on the OP.

this is the best tournament ever