Crashes recently

HanSoloHanSolo Join Date: 2013-03-29 Member: 184533Members
edited March 2013 in Technical Support
Has annyone else experianced lots of desktop crasheh, and game freezes recently?

Several of my friends have had the same experiance since the last update.

Comments

• FuleFule Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67683Members
    I'm having crashes too, I think everyone does. This probably started to happen after the latest update.
  • littleevilwolflittleevilwolf Join Date: 2013-01-17 Member: 180231Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    i have had no crashes since the update
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    It usually crashes for me if I alt tab after connecting to as server.
    (Not sure if this is for Tech Support or General Discussion)
  • HanSoloHanSolo Join Date: 2013-03-29 Member: 184533Members
    yes, i get that alt tab crash too. we actualy complete freeze. complete... click reboot button on the pc...
    but i have always had those.
    recently, loading map. id say 30% of the time i crash.
    in game crash / freeze. id say once ewry hour or so.

beginning to sap my will to play, just a bit
  • Rich_Rich_ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167152Members
    i have noticed crashes as well. its about a 50/50 chance when i first start ns2 that it will crash when loading into a server, after i successfully join first server tough the crashes seem to cease till i completely exit the game and restart again.
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    Tech Support it is.
  • DizzyOneDizzyOne BASS! Join Date: 2002-11-17 Member: 9095Members
    Lots of crashes.

I also regularly experience massive lag the first few minutes I load a map. It will take a few minutes for it to go back to normal. However, with the recent patch, sometimes when I load up docking, the extreme lag remains until the game crashes to desktop.

The only thing I can tell is that it shows the blinking red connection icon, and the game will lag extremely for a few minutes. The lag won't allow me to join a team, and if I do, nothing really gets updated. So while the game might be playing, I'll still see the same scene as when I joined the team. I've seen the countdown count back into negative numbers for atleast 2 minutes (-120 till the game starts)
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Unless your crash is different than this one, i think this thread should be closed, as it would just be a duplicate but without useful info?
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I'm crashing constantly, and it's not related to a visual c++ thing, however I have nothing to add for a reproduction besides submitting that crash log dialogue that comes up whenever the game freezes, it happens consistently; I've noticed it most when commanding and about to type up a chat message, but that could just be a coincidence cause I've had it happen while playing on the ground as well.

Sorry I don't have more info other than that
  • billetbillet Join Date: 2012-10-02 Member: 161318Members
    I find I will get erratic crashing after most updates, my personal opinion is when the original installation is updated it causes some issues. As soon as I delete and re-install, all my crashing goes away.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    ezekel wrote: »
    I'm crashing constantly, and it's not related to a visual c++ thing, however I have nothing to add for a reproduction besides submitting that crash log dialogue that comes up whenever the game freezes, it happens consistently; I've noticed it most when commanding and about to type up a chat message, but that could just be a coincidence cause I've had it happen while playing on the ground as well.

Sorry I don't have more info other than that

Are you using texture streaming? I've found that that will give the crash box. Turn it off and see if it continues.
  • rwsrws Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2013-01-05 Member: 177696Members
    edited March 2013
    What kind of crashes are you guys getting exactly? Non-responsive crashing, game shuts down crashing, etc.
  • rwsrws Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2013-01-05 Member: 177696Members
    edited March 2013