Onos doesn't have a taunt

OhnojojoOhnojojo Join Date: 2011-08-01 Member: 113400Members
Why doesn't onos have a taunt noise?
Taunts should also be anitmated =(
ANd what if onos taunt played the stomp sound effect and animation?
its like feigning a stomp

Comments

• AkimotoAkimoto Norway Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183642Members
    I dont care about the animations, but I would love to get an ... intimidating roar as an onos taunt.
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    It actually has a taunt. Its the stomp sound but really quiet.
  • yuckfooyuckfoo Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168216Members
    Being an onos itself IS the taunt. You have dreadlocks man. Stomp em.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Ohnojojo wrote: »

Step into the world of Windows Explorer and navigate to the magical lands of the Natural Selection 2 folder. There you will find a viewer.exe, an all knowing shaman who can show you the ways of the various animation of everything in the NS2 universe. Once you have activated viewer and followed the path to the ns2/models/aliens/ cave, you have a free choice to observe the Kharaa animations all you like. Legend has it that the Kharaa all have taunt animations

• GorgenapperGorgenapper Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157916Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Doesn't matter what taunts the onos has, nothing comes close to the gorge bleat.
  • kingofneekingofnee Join Date: 2013-02-16 Member: 183123Members
    Gorgenapper may I ask where you got your id photo? I would love a larger version for a desktop background.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    kingofnee wrote: »
    Gorgenapper may I ask where you got your id photo? I would love a larger version for a desktop background.

Google image search for "cute gorge" comes up with it as the third result.
  • GorgenapperGorgenapper Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157916Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    sotanaht wrote: »

Yeah, that. It's a painting/picture by Kylie Langton (aka. 'Kyliegirl' I think). Most awesome NS2 gorge picture ever.
  • briatxbriatx Join Date: 2013-01-18 Member: 180352Members
    Stomp is annoying.

Especially when you charge an Onos by yourself and they stomp you like 5 times before finally finishing you off. Yeah, that's not so much fun.
  • OhnojojoOhnojojo Join Date: 2011-08-01 Member: 113400Members
    Its fun if you're the onos.
    Sometimes as onos, i like to stomp stun-lock a marine and let gorges kill the marine. Cause.... I love gorges
  • yuckfooyuckfoo Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168216Members
    briatx wrote: »
    Stomp is annoying.

Especially when you charge an Onos by yourself and they stomp you like 5 times before finally finishing you off. Yeah, that's not so much fun.
    is all about the over kill.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver

Yeah, that. It's a painting/picture by Kylie Langton (aka. 'Kyliegirl' I think). Most awesome NS2 gorge picture ever.

have to agree on the awsomeness of this art
  • DaxxDaxx Join Date: 2002-04-16 Member: 460Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow

I like my baby onos :D

And yeah Onos does have a taunt, but it's super quiet and unimposing. I can only hope a beefy roar is added later.
  • XaoXao Join Date: 2012-12-12 Member: 174840Members
    Largest life form, quietest taunt, makes no sense.

Even the egg taunt is arguably better than onos, at least it's not a recycle.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter

I use it as the background for my second monitor :D
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    edited March 2013
    I would also like to petition for tauntibility in the ready room. the only way I get to ever share the gorge bleating is by spamming taunt before the round ends.

ooh, here's an idea, the winning team retains the ability to taunt for 10 seconds post match.
  • 1scorpion1scorpion Join Date: 2013-02-28 Member: 183418Members
    Ohnojojo wrote: »

Tap shift. (or your run key)
    It'll let out that "charge" roar.
    Doesn't get much more frightening.