How Unknownworlds Could Generate More Res (IRL)

1235»

Comments

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Project page & info.

Now lets see this in a broad spectrum. The idea is that if people are in the loop on upcoming stuff, they may actually buy it. After all, if you do not know something exists.
    Lets take plushies for example. If you are seriously investigating how to do it, why not shove this on a project page? Project: Gorge plushies, or lerk plushies etc.
    Let it link through to the detailed info of the specific project, but let the project page be stating what you are working on.

Same applies for stuff like project: increase NS2 performance.

Etc etc..
    People knowing that stuff they want is coming may lure them back & lure them.
  • KazterKazter Join Date: 2003-08-12 Member: 19481Members, Constellation
    edited March 2013
    But Hugh, I thought NS2 was fully integrated with Steamworks and Steam Workshop. Doesn't this mean the economical back-end/programming is already integrated into NS2 like it is with DOTA2 and TF2?

Edit: Also, I am still waiting on my Gorge Plushie.
  • CurveCurve Join Date: 2003-12-17 Member: 24475Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Should copy what musicians do and start selling merch/swag. The regular requests for things such as gorge plushies and NS2/UWE-related t-shirts indicates that there is at least some demand for these products. Potential options would be:
    - Plushies
    - T-shirts
    - Hoodies
    - Hats
    - Posters
    - Stickers
    - Books/booklets (I'd buy a hard copy of the Art book that came with the deluxe edition)
    - Mousepads
    etc
  • slayer20slayer20 Killed a man once. Join Date: 2007-12-13 Member: 63157Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Wallscrolls of Hive concept art. I would totally buy one.