End game message explaining WHY the game is over

hozzhozz Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172660Members
edited March 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
Along with the "Aliens win!", "Marines lose!" etc. graphics and music, a nice explanation (not hidden in text chat like the current concede message) would help players. Basically...

All Alien Hives have been destroyed.
All Marine Command Stations have been destroyed.
Alien team has conceded.
Marine team has conceded.
Marine team is dead and has no working Infantry Portals.
Too many players have left the Alien team.
Too many players have left the Marine team.

(Did I forget something?)

I've seen a lot of confused new players at the end of games. You shouldn't have to figure out why a game is over, it should tell you :)

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    "you have too many Onos" :P

All joking aside, more info and scoreboard boasting powers in the RR might be nice
  • WakeWake Join Date: 2003-03-05 Member: 14351Members, Constellation
    Marine commander sold base. Ban from comm now ? Yes :1 No : 2
  • MrNihilMrNihil Join Date: 2013-03-02 Member: 183524Members
    Good Idea, I agree.
    I actually would split "Marine team is dead and has no working Infantry Portals." to this:
    -Marine team is dead and has no infantry portals left.
    -Marine team is dead and their infantry portals are unpowered/unavailable.
    If you go for details, heres more of them :D
  • AkimotoAkimoto Norway Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183642Members
    This is a wonderful idea.
  • MrLeeMrLee Join Date: 2005-05-16 Member: 51755Members, Reinforced - Diamond
  • ShakerShaker Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9582Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nice idea. It seems like everytime **** Wins pops up on the screen I hear "wait what? okay..." because some poor guy has no idea how the game ended.
  • Madd0gMadd0g Join Date: 2012-12-24 Member: 176116Members
    Wake wrote: »
    Marine commander sold base. Ban from comm now ? Yes :1 No : 2

This!
    I am getting seriosly pissed with rage quiting commander.
    Fine,if you cant take it leave,but please dont make that decision for me and the rest of the team!
    I have seen situation in which the commander raged and sold everything considering we still had 2 bases,all upgrades and 4 extractors(we just lost 2 engagments in a row and he couldnt take it).
  • MrLeeMrLee Join Date: 2005-05-16 Member: 51755Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    Madd0g wrote: »
    I have seen situation in which the commander raged and sold everything considering we still had 2 bases,all upgrades and 4 extractors(we just lost 2 engagments in a row and he couldnt take it).

That's pretty annoying. Though that agrassive of an action i haven't seen ingame. I think that instance is pretty rare. But i get the feeling. Try this "Marine commander Sold Base. Good decision 1) Totaly not cool 2). If 2) let him watch a commander tutorial before he can use the command seat again.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Good idea. Sounds simple enough, but i think this is a multi person job that could take up alot of time :(