Advanced Movement (Option in the main menu)

WonderWafflesWonderWaffles Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 166137Members
edited March 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
It is an option in the main menu. What does it do?
Also how long has it been there?

Comments

• RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Man I haven't been into the option menu is so long, I usually just change my settings outside of the game in the Razer software or Nvidia :|
    Not sure what it does?
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't see any option like that?
  • BroseidonBroseidon Join Date: 2011-07-18 Member: 110935Members
    It isn't just the key you press to
    Stalk as Skulk
    Bellyslide as Gorge,
    Cling as Lerk,
    Shadowstep as Fade,
    Charge as Onos and
    sprint as marine?
  • DarkATiDarkATi Revelation 22:17 Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17532Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It is an option in the main menu. What does it do?
    Also how long has it been there?

I don't see this. Where did you find it?
    It isn't just the key you press to
    Stalk as Skulk
    Bellyslide as Gorge,
    Cling as Lerk,
    Shadowstep as Fade,
    Charge as Onos and
    sprint as marine?

No. That is called "Movement Special."

Give us more info OP and we'll check it out. :)

Blessings,
    Cody
  • HaroldcooperHaroldcooper Join Date: 2012-11-17 Member: 172082Members
    it is about changing settings. Never used much
  • Not FlayraNot Flayra Join Date: 2012-05-18 Member: 152282Members
    It's definitely not an option to allow more skill-based movement for Kharaa, sacrificing some base speed for the potential to move faster via specific methods.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Not Flayra wrote: »
    It's definitely not an option to allow more skill-based movement for Kharaa, sacrificing some base speed for the potential to move faster via specific methods.

So if you are Not Flayra, and Not Flayra says something is not so, does that mean Flayra says that it is so?
  • Not FlayraNot Flayra Join Date: 2012-05-18 Member: 152282Members
    Squishpoke wrote: »
    Not Flayra wrote: »

So if you are Not Flayra, and Not Flayra says something is not so, does that mean Flayra says that it is so?

No.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Advanced Movement is an option if you have the NS2:Classic mod installed and enabled. It makes the inputs for movement similar to Hl1, most noticeably you can bunnyhop without holding W.
  • WonderWafflesWonderWaffles Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 166137Members
    Yea, I have NS2 Combat mod. That must be why. Sorry for the confusion folks!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2013
    Yea, I have NS2 Combat mod. That must be why. Sorry for the confusion folks!

Fired :P

To avoid confusions with people posting in here answere the title and pushing away the "issue solved" bit, I'm locking this one

ADVANCED MOVEMENT (OPTION IN THE MAIN MENU) is a mod, not part of the official NS2 ;)
This discussion has been closed.