Who made the painting for the Njord?

ZyrusticaeZyrusticae Join Date: 2013-03-04 Member: 183690Members
'Cause I gotta say, that thing is BEAUTIFUL.

Screenshot192118.jpg?psid=1

Comments

• NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    I should buy a boat.
  • YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
    I thought the same thing. A lot of those paintings are pretty well done and not blocky/blurry when you get close. I think it was Cory since the art book has a lot of those designs and it looks similar to his work.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    "You cant stop me, 'cause I got a city on a boat!"
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Cory

He's quite the artist!
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    100% sure it was Cory
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2013
    WasabiOne's idea of the perfect lan party... You know we can play games all day, eat... =))

WE ARE NOT GOING ON A CRUISE WASABI

;)
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Runteh wrote: »
    WasabiOne's idea of the perfect lan party... You know we can play games all day, eat... xD

;)

There are retirement homes on cruise ships now, with in-house medical team. Sounds like a dream come true when I get old... but that's like half a century from now. :(
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Squishpoke wrote: »
    WasabiOne's idea of the perfect lan party... You know we can play games all day, eat... xD

;)

There are retirement homes on cruise ships now, with in-house medical team. Sounds like a dream come true when I get old... but that's like half a century from now. :(

Not another one!

X_X
  • ParagonParagon Join Date: 2012-11-06 Member: 167573Members
    I must say I find the paintings and posters hanging on the walls very well done. I tip my hat to the author.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
  • DaphistoDaphisto Hive Janitor Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8917Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Toastie wrote: »
    Can we please have a Njord map? Please please please?

I was thinking the exact same thing. Someone make it happen!
    Daphisto wrote: »
    Can we please have a Njord map? Please please please?

I was thinking the exact same thing. Someone make it happen!

Njordous Update: coming 2014
  • ZyrusticaeZyrusticae Join Date: 2013-03-04 Member: 183690Members
    Cory is indeed clearly quite the artist. Major kudos to him!

I'd love to see a map taking place on the Njord. It'd have to be in one of the skyscrapers (I mean, it's a freakin' floating CITY) to be even partly reasonable in size, but just the skybox alone would be breathtaking...
  • KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Never actually noticed that before but WOW! Damn that's nice.
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    The small cruise liner looks like a typical (Earth) ship. That would make the NJord around 3+ miles long and 3/4 mile wide. I wonder what the draft is.
  • ToastieToastie Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167351Members
    How much would it cost me to buy one of those anyway?
  • JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    Mhm Nextmap ns2_njord?
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Njord map sounds like a brilliant idea.
  • GorgenapperGorgenapper Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157916Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    118909015_640.jpg

?

Beautiful and fantastic painting BTW, it shows a future where nothing is impossible (except the manufacture of replacement HMGs after the Alterra HMG factory was closed due to cost-cutting measures).
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    MuckyMcFly wrote: »
    Njord map sounds like a brilliant idea.

It would be a really, really, really big map.

Has anyone even tried NS/NS2 gameplay on really, really, really big maps? Is such a game even possible? Could it be modded into a playable game?
  • GuspazGuspaz Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2862Members, Constellation
    WasabiOne's idea of the perfect lan party... You know we can play games all day, eat... =))

;)

Have you SEEN the price of internet access on cruise ships? Admittedly it's gone way the heck down since I last took a cruise 10+ years ago, but still...
    Guspaz wrote: »

;)

Have you SEEN the price of internet access on cruise ships? Admittedly it's gone way the heck down since I last took a cruise 10+ years ago, but still...

Don't need internet for a LAN party. ;)

One if by LAN, two if by sea...
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    I fully support a Njord map. Maybe for NS3, when we turn the game into a huge open world free to play MMO :P
    edited March 2013
    I fully support a Njord map. Maybe for NS3, when we turn the game into a huge open world free to play MMO :P

That's not funny, man. Not funny at all. @-)

I am so sad right now. All I ever wanted was an awesome skybox, cool architecture, and various boat locations.

I am so sad right now. All I ever wanted was an awesome skybox, cool architecture, and various boat locations.

You were pining for the Njord?

Perfect time to try your hand at modding, if you are the artistic type it could be done pretty well.
    Squishpoke wrote: »

Perfect time to try your hand at modding, if you are the artistic type it could be done pretty well.

I can program pretty well, but my art skills are limited to about 64x64 pixels, and even then it doesn't look very good.

If anyone wants to start a Njord map I would be happy to help, tho I'm not sure how much help I'd be.