NSL Invitational Cup Matches Start TODAY! Casting schedule:

RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
Hey folks!

The Cup matches start today at 9am PST! I will be casting throughout the day from my twitch channel, Twitch.tv/sting_reddog . Here are the matches I will be covering (remember, times may change a bit due to match run-over's, etc):

- 9am Mercury bs. Nexzil (Group C)
- 10am Be BAGUETTE myfriend vs. Damage Networks (Group B - I am SO looking forward to this one!)
- 11am Off the Air - these teams played their match yesterday. You can check the replay at YouTube.com/stingreddog
- 1pm Group A Match - Unknown as of yet (need winners from prior matches)
- 2pm Group B Match - Unknown as of yet (need winners from prior matches)

That is what I'll personally be casting. All other matches will be casted as well by other commentators.

See you all soon!

Comments

• JAMESEARLJONOSJAMESEARLJONOS Join Date: 2012-12-15 Member: 175155Members
    Can the subtitle of the cast be, "The Slaughter of the Cement Foot Skulks"?

Because that's what it's going to be.
  • RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    AMAZING matches!!! Stay tuned at 1pm PST for the semi-finals. Twitch.tv/sting_reddog. Replays will be up soon at YouTube.com/stingreddog

Ciao folks!
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue

So I guess you prefer the massively overpowered alien side from the last patch?

This is ridiculous, stop whining and start adapting. We finally have two fairly balanced sides. Deal with it.

• CommunistWithAGunCommunistWithAGun Local Propaganda Guy Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15953Members
    fanatic wrote: »

So I guess you prefer the massively overpowered alien side from the last patch?

This is ridiculous, stop whining and start adapting. We finally have two fairly balanced sides. Deal with it.

Maybe it's better for comp, but what will this mean for the rest of the game? You have to realize there was a giant sale, there's a large influx of new players, and those players are going to be wondering why their dog-sized wall-climbing death machine runs around like it's on carpet with velcro on its feet?

Either way, this thread is getting derailed, so that's all we should say about this.

• RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Next Matches starting at 1pm PST (around then lol) Twitch.tv/sting_reddog

Replays are up on YouTube.com/stingreddog from this morning. HIGHLY recommend the Baguette vs dN round 2! Amazing!!!!
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2013
    Can the subtitle of the cast be, "The Slaughter of the Maybe it's better for comp, but what will this mean for the rest of the game? You have to realize there was a giant sale, there's a large influx of new players, and those players are going to be wondering why their dog-sized wall-climbing death machine runs around like it's on carpet with velcro on its feet?
    Considering that nine out of ten public skulks never even jump from walls, let alone chain jumps from them, I don't think they'll think much of it at all. This is a change that mostly nerfs aliens in comp play, and shouldn't have much effect on public play.

What is having a major effect on public play, however, is the influx of new/rusty players, who have much less success at playing aliens than marines. We've seen this majorly affect the win/loss stats for each side on every big influx of players, until it stabilizes after a while, from a combination of said players either learning how to play aliens properly or just not playing any more.
    edited March 2013
    As for the on-topic discussion, this tournament has been great fun so far, and it's about to get even better. 16 teams have been reduced to 8 after the first group stage, and we're now entering the second group stage. Only the best teams remain and we're going to see some amazing matches today and tomorrow.

The two groups in the second group stage and matches:
    Group A
    Group B

Results from the first group stage:
    Group A
    Group B
    Group C
    Group D

Games will be casted on the uwe twitch stream and by a cornucopia of community casters.
    Last mach of the day - Archaea vs. Mercury - 2pm PST! Twitch.tv/sting_reddog!
    All match replays are up! YouTube.com/stingreddog . Enjoy! What a day!!! Check out Archaea vs. Mercury Round 2!!!
    This morning, folks! I'm covering Nexzil vs. HBZ at 9am PST (40 minutes!) LIVE at Twitch.tv/sting_reddog

See you all there!
    SEMI FINAL! Archaea vs. Godar! Soon on Twitch.tv/sting_reddog
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    I can watch these games all day long. Great stuff.
    ARCHAEA takes Godar 4 - 0! Replays up at YouTube.com/stingreddog

What amazing matches!!! Enjoy folks!