Minor Bug: Commander can select any kind of Entitiy in the map

CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
The game's doesn't do a good job at hiding it's underlying roots from the player interface. The Commander gets a selection cursor whenever he hovers over a part of map geometry that is an Entity in Spark and is even able to select it so that it gets the selection circle below it.

This includes stuff like ventilation fans, the basket goals in Ball Court, the generator mesh in Generator, etc.
Even worse is that Entities block other commands that you try to execute on them. For instance are you not able to set a waypoint onto an Entity, which gets pretty annoying on large Tech Point plates or RT locations.

The game should make a sanity check so that it only allows Entities to be selected that are either RT locations, Power Node Sockets, Tech Point locations, a structure or unit.

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    It's also revealing about alien structures and the like.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I like how u can click on alien structures and see their hp.
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    edited February 2013
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »

Isn't that a feature? As marine commander, I always keep my troops updated about the remaining HP of the Onos and whether or not it's worth chasing it.

However, I am not sure if I should be able to click on a Hive and see how much it is built or what they are currently researching.
  • FuleFule Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67683Members
    CrushaK wrote: »
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »

Isn't that a feature? As marine commander, I always keep my troops updated about the remaining HP of the Onos and whether or not it's worth chasing it.

However, I am not sure if I should be able to click on a Hive and see how much it is built or what they are currently researching.
    Yes, that's a feature.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter