NS2 on Television!!, GameOne (Germanys biggest Videogame TV series)

DvdRomDvdRom Join Date: 2007-10-13 Member: 62622Members
edited February 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FuoP1A0uDzo
Translation: (THANKS CrushaK!)
CrushaK wrote: »
"In space, nobody can hear you scream."
"The little secret tip Natural Selection 2 is, measured in the half life of the internet, already dead for 400 years, but it should still get a place here at us."
"Aliens vs marines, two genres in one, steep learning curve and over 100 hours of fun for the price of a movie ticket"
"Sounds interesting?!"
"That's what I said!"

Narrator:
"You just heard it from our two studio mascots: Natural Selection 2 is a game that, if you didn't get to know it yet, definitely need to get to know. At it's core it's a galactic conflict between marines and aliens, where we follow the Swiss's example and keep a neutral judgment about who is good and who is evil - after all you never know who's going to win in the end. Instead, we rather let the leaders of each faction speak for themselves."

Marine Commander:
"Ok guys, listen up! If you think your only task here is to hang around and shoot - then you are bloody right about that! Your brain has been outsourced, you are nothing more than a walking gun and if you have a problem with that, you soon won't be more than a walking gun with my boot up your ass! Understood?!"

Marines:
"Sir, yes, sir!"

Marine Commander:
"You do what your commander tells you to do because your commander knows what's good for you! What is good for you?!"

Marines:
"Sir, what the commander says, sir!"

Marine Commander:
"Shut up! Everyone listen to the commander! Anyone who doesn't like the orders can go and get torn apart in the next corridor! There is only one rule: my rule - and I get it from all the way up from the marine corps!"
"Your commander takes care that there is constantly new shit in the base! You get upgrades, armor, awesome weapons! MGs, grenade launchers, flamethrowers - and this little axe that is almost completely useless! Be grateful to your commander for that, you maggots!

Marines:
"Sir, thank you, sir!"

Marine Commander:
"If the base is healthy, you are healthy! The most important thing in the base is NOT you! The most important thing in the base is all that fucking technology! I expect every marine to throw his pathetic body between aliens and equipment! Everything here is worth more than you, am I right, you maggots?!

Marines:
"Sir, yes, sir!"

Marine Commander:
"One of your most important tasks is the power! Connect room by room to the power network! Because without power there is no technology! And no light! Even though you can actually forget about that light! Why don't marines need light?!"

Marines:
"Sir, because we've got a lamp, sir!"

Marine Commander:
"There are only a few rules here: Don't fuck up! Everyone has to fight hard! Nobody is welching! Two clever marines can easily replace a stupid one! That means with twelve marines there are only eight who have to do their job right! The rest is just cannon fodder with a gun!"
"At the latest with these robots are you guys totally worthless! They do not only look cute (EVERYONE LOOK RIGHT HERE HOW CUTE THEY ARE!!!) but they build all this shit - so you can shoot more!"
"Stop whining! Here you got the stuff: weapons, medipacks! And there are the aliens! And if you losers are all losing again, I will call you all into the base! With this emergency transport! Then I whup your asses here, you maggots!

"Guys, don't take everything so serious what I just told you. Alone you lose, together we win! I don't really care - I stay in my cabin until you are all dead! Mwahaha!" *screams* *rattles*

Aliens:

Drone
Mutate
Eggs
Skulk
Gorge
Lerk
Fade
Onos
Sprawl
Spread
Grow
Grow!
MOREEEE!
Hunt!
Feed!
Feed!!
Feed!!
Hide
Hide
Hide
Dark
Harvest
Protect!
Protect!
Punish!
Beat!
Punish!
Beat!
Bite!
Shoot!
Shoot!
Sting!
Burst!
Rupture!
Splash!
Smack!
We are legion!
Collective
Many
One
The hive! The hive!
Imba
Imba!
Imbaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
Imbaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Narrator:
"So, what did you learn from that? Not much, exactly. But that's how things are at war - nobody knows who's good and who is evil and nobody cares because everyone has way too much fun to stomp the common enemy. But there is also a lot to learn. The motto is "learning by killing".
Luckily the is the community, unlike in other online games, here pretty open-minded and helps newbies. You should really take a look at Natural Selection 2 if you like FPS, RTS, team play or all of that together."

http://www.gameone.de/blog/2013/1/natural-selection-ii-natuerliches-auslesen-mit-simon
http://www.gameone.de/blog/2013/2/natural-selection-2-mit-budi-und-simon

Hope that's helping.

Comments

• penetratorpenetrator Join Date: 2012-10-15 Member: 162398Members

anschauen!!!

ns2 on the biggest gaming tv journal in germany
    which runs on public tv on MTV
  • DvdRomDvdRom Join Date: 2007-10-13 Member: 62622Members
    Saw it Live on TV!

AWESOME!!!!
    I think the dev's don't really know about this
    I posted it them on twitter
  • FappuchinoFappuchino Join Date: 2012-10-10 Member: 162008Members
    penetrator wrote: »

anschauen!!!

ns2 on the biggest gaming tv journal in germany
    which runs on public tv on MTV
    2:31 was pretty funny.
    edited February 2013
    it's on MTV pretty impressive,
    i hope the game will sell a little more after this
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Translation? Positive/negative?
    Runteh wrote: »
    Translation? Positive/negative?
    quite positive
    they didn't rated it
    they said it's awesome
    you need to learn it but the community is noobiefreindly
    buy it on steam 22€
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    edited February 2013
    "In space, nobody can hear you scream."
    "The little secret tip Natural Selection 2 is, measured in the half life of the internet, already dead for 400 years, but it should still get a place here at us."
    "Aliens vs marines, two genres in one, steep learning curve and over 100 hours of fun for the price of a movie ticket"
    "Sounds interesting?!"
    "That's what I said!"

Narrator:
    "You just heard it from our two studio mascots: Natural Selection 2 is a game that, if you didn't get to know it yet, definitely need to get to know. At it's core it's a galactic conflict between marines and aliens, where we follow the Swiss's example and keep a neutral judgment about who is good and who is evil - after all you never know who's going to win in the end. Instead, we rather let the leaders of each faction speak for themselves."

Marine Commander:
    "Ok guys, listen up! If you think your only task here is to hang around and shoot - then you are bloody right about that! Your brain has been outsourced, you are nothing more than a walking gun and if you have a problem with that, you soon won't be more than a walking gun with my boot up your ass! Understood?!"

Marines:
    "Sir, yes, sir!"

Marine Commander:
    "You do what your commander tells you to do because your commander knows what's good for you! What is good for you?!"

Marines:
    "Sir, what the commander says, sir!"

Marine Commander:
    "Shut up! Everyone listen to the commander! Anyone who doesn't like the orders can go and get torn apart in the next corridor! There is only one rule: my rule - and I get it from all the way up from the marine corps!"
    "Your commander takes care that there is constantly new shit in the base! You get upgrades, armor, awesome weapons! MGs, grenade launchers, flamethrowers - and this little axe that is almost completely useless! Be grateful to your commander for that, you maggots!

Marines:
    "Sir, thank you, sir!"

Marine Commander:
    "If the base is healthy, you are healthy! The most important thing in the base is NOT you! The most important thing in the base is all that fucking technology! I expect every marine to throw his pathetic body between aliens and equipment! Everything here is worth more than you, am I right, you maggots?!

Marines:
    "Sir, yes, sir!"

Marine Commander:
    "One of your most important tasks is the power! Connect room by room to the power network! Because without power there is no technology! And no light! Even though you can actually forget about that light! Why don't marines need light?!"

Marines:
    "Sir, because we've got a lamp, sir!"

Marine Commander:
    "There are only a few rules here: Don't fuck up! Everyone has to fight hard! Nobody is welching! Two clever marines can easily replace a stupid one! That means with twelve marines there are only eight who have to do their job right! The rest is just cannon fodder with a gun!"
    "At the latest with these robots are you guys totally worthless! They do not only look cute (EVERYONE LOOK RIGHT HERE HOW CUTE THEY ARE!!!) but they build all this shit - so you can shoot more!"
    "Stop whining! Here you got the stuff: weapons, medipacks! And there are the aliens! And if you losers are all losing again, I will call you all into the base! With this emergency transport! Then I whup your asses here, you maggots!

"Guys, don't take everything so serious what I just told you. Alone you lose, together we win! I don't really care - I stay in my cabin until you are all dead! Mwahaha!" *screams* *rattles*

Aliens:

Drone
    Mutate
    Eggs
    Skulk
    Gorge
    Lerk
    Fade
    Onos
    Sprawl
    Spread
    Grow
    Grow!
    MOREEEE!
    Hunt!
    Feed!
    Feed!!
    Feed!!
    Hide
    Hide
    Hide
    Dark
    Harvest
    Protect!
    Protect!
    Punish!
    Beat!
    Punish!
    Beat!
    Bite!
    Shoot!
    Shoot!
    Sting!
    Burst!
    Rupture!
    Splash!
    Smack!
    We are legion!
    Collective
    Many
    One
    The hive! The hive!
    Imba
    Imba!
    Imbaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
    Imbaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Narrator:
    "So, what did you learn from that? Not much, exactly. But that's how things are at war - nobody knows who's good and who is evil and nobody cares because everyone has way too much fun to stomp the common enemy. But there is also a lot to learn. The motto is "learning by killing".
    Luckily the is the community, unlike in other online games, here pretty open-minded and helps newbies. You should really take a look at Natural Selection 2 if you like FPS, RTS, team play or all of that together."

On a side note: isn't GameOne on VIVA now since MTV went all pay-tv-only?
    edited February 2013
    CrushaK wrote: »

On a side note: isn't GameOne on VIVA now since MTV went all pay-tv-only?

yeah right forgot about that

• SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    These German guys are accurate.
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nice find and nice translation CrushaK. The marine part is hilarious! I nearly rofled of of my seat. ^^
    This will be very good for NS2 in germany.
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    Hahahaha, that video is epic!
  • GrueneMedizinGrueneMedizin Join Date: 2012-12-13 Member: 175008Members
    Never thought Game One did reviews in such a way. Greatly done, I bow down
    looks like they reserved the time for alien coloneal marines,
    but it sucked so they made ns2 out of it
  • JoseppeJoseppe Join Date: 2012-01-21 Member: 141497Members
    This video-explanation is so funny!
    Really nicely done.
  • hozzhozz Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172660Members
    penetrator wrote: »
    looks like they reserved the time for alien coloneal marines,
    but it sucked so they made ns2 out of it
    Yep, they confirm it in the video description :D
    “Aliens: Colonial Marines” ist ganz großer Mist, das haben wir mittlerweile alle geschnallt. Das heißt allerdings nicht das die grundsätzlich hervorragende Grundidee “Aliens vs. Marines” nicht doch in anderer Form unheimlich viel Spaß machen kann – z.B. in der Stand-Alone-Fortsetzung zur über 10 Jahre alten “Half Life”-Multiplayer-Mod “Natural Selection”. “Natural Selection 2” ist ein furioser Mix aus Echtzeit-Strategie, Team-Play, Ego-Shooter und sozialer Kompetenz. Wer wäre für all diese Bereiche besser geeignet als Commander Simon und sein williger Vasalle Tim? Eben. Dieser Beitrag führt einen taktisch hochwertigen Frontalangriff auf eure Zeitkonten und Brieftaschen und wird euch konfus aber konsumfreudig zurücklassen.
    "Aliens: Colonial Marines" is huge rubbish (crap :p), everybody knows that now. But this does not mean that the excellent basic idea "Aliens vs Marines" can't be incredibly fun in different form - for example in the stand alone sequel to the 10 year old HL1 mod "Natural Selection". NS2 is an wild mix of RTS, team play, FPS and social competence (!). Who would be better suited for that than Commander Simon and his willing vassal Tim? Exactly. This post makes a tactically high-class frontal assault on your time accounts and wallets, and will leave you confused but eager to buy.
  • DvdRomDvdRom Join Date: 2007-10-13 Member: 62622Members
    I hope UWE sees this thread.

Let's try to keep this Thread on Page one until they saw it.
  • MindstormMindstorm Join Date: 2012-12-17 Member: 175356Members
    That video is awesome. Someone should redo it in english it will rock youtubes.

so much lulz