KKG Servers

SampsonSampson Join Date: 2012-01-06 Member: 139769Members
Does anyone find the admins on these servers to be terrible? I'm not here to insult them, i just think they either play favorites or ban people with little to no warning. I've seen KKG members ban people for simply saying "KKG sucks", without any warning.

I'm sure this thread will be closed and I'll be told "talk to the admins" but I can't handle how they use their admin abilities. It wouldn't be a problem if more servers existed with +18 people.... anyone else agree? KKG, any comments? I've seen complaints on this forum about their "clan" before.

I assume this will be deleted and/or locked and I'll get a PM.... just lettin people know to not even say anything to the KKG admins; they may ban you without warning.

Comments

• ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
  • IndustryIndustry Esteemed Gentleman Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72344Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    My experience with the leaders of this KKG during the beta were less than stellar. Irregardless, the only reasons I don't play on their servers are lag spikes and I am not a fan of 20+ player servers.
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    Sampson wrote: »
    I've seen KKG members ban people for simply saying "KKG sucks", without any warning.

If I ran a server, I'd do that too.
  • IAMKINGIAMKING Join Date: 2012-09-14 Member: 159328Members
    CrazyEddie wrote: »
    I've seen KKG members ban people for simply saying "KKG sucks", without any warning.

and you'd be a terrible admin too

the guy who runs kkg is like a crazy redneck guy who is really into authoritarian server running. stay away from that server (or, if you're any good, you're probably banned anyways)
  • invTempestinvTempest Join Date: 2003-03-02 Member: 14223Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    IAMKING wrote: »

the guy who runs kkg is like a crazy redneck guy who is really into authoritarian server running. stay away from that server (or, if you're any good, you're probably banned anyways)

The thing is no one is forcing you to play on their servers. If you don't like something just go to a different server. Why do you feel the need to have to insult someone on the forums because you believe their method of running the server is "wrong". You should remember that they are the ones paying for the server so they can run it anyway that they deem fit.
  • SampsonSampson Join Date: 2012-01-06 Member: 139769Members
    edited February 2013
    invTempest wrote: »
    When you join one of their servers there is a banner that comes up warning you that trolls, hackers, and idiots may be perm banned at any time.

Going on a server and saying they suck and then complaining about getting banned on the forums...

Tempest, while agree with most of you say, I disagree on this. And I don't believe it was said multiple times. Just once. Then ban.

massasster- Without players, there would be no server. It's like buying a business... the customer is always right.
  • MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72593Members
    Sampson:

I'm admin on KKG and I've never banned anyone to date and over 94% of my kicks are people that are afk (or were crashed out)

I know we've had to remove admin status from members in the past, but this is rare

Might be worth sharing though that I only came back to NS:2 recently so if things have gotten bad while I was away I can't speak for this
  • invTempestinvTempest Join Date: 2003-03-02 Member: 14223Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    When you join one of their servers there is a banner that comes up warning you that trolls, hackers, and idiots may be perm banned at any time.

Going on a server and saying they suck and then complaining about getting banned on the forums...

Tempest, while agree with most of you say, I disagree on this. Without people playing on their server, then they have no purpose in running a server. It's like saying someone who buys and decides to run a store hires a bunch of... well not nice people, and then blaming the customers for getting mad. If a certain KKG member acts like a jerk, calling him out results in a perma-ban.... really necessary?

They pay for the servers so they can do absolutely anything that they want including banning everyone from their servers. If you don't like it just move on. There is no reason you have to voice your opinion in the effort to start drama (which is what this thread is doing, you even indicated that in your original post).
    and you continue the drama. as I stated above, it's hard to come by 18+ people. We, as NS2 players, are limited in our server choice atm. And drama exists everywhere, you are causing it yourself by arguing with me. I like you tempest, as I said before, so I'm not going to disrespect you (such a thing I'd do right now). Anyway, drama aside, I wanted the COMMUNITY (yes tempest, it is a community) to voice their opinions.
  • awwwsnapawwwsnap Join Date: 2012-09-20 Member: 160066Members

Tempest, while agree with most of you say, I disagree on this. And I don't believe it was said multiple times. Just once. Then ban.

massasster- Without players, there would be no server. It's like buying a business... the customer is always right.

That's not a very good analogy. A store benefits from having people buy things. They get money. As far as I know, KKG isn't getting revenue for people playing on their servers. In other words, you're not paying for a service like you are in a store.
    And I understand that not all KKG members are this way. there are just a few weeds that need to be pulled...
    That's not a very good analogy. A store benefits from having people buy things. They get money. As far as I know, KKG isn't getting revenue for people playing on their servers. In other words, you're not paying for a service like you are in a store.

I know it's a stretch, but if a server has few people, why pay the extra money to run it? not to mention reserved slots.

No, they aren't making money from people playing on their servers. If the admins were being unfair or out of control, less people will play and eventually, instead of making money or spending some money for people to play, the owner will be wasting money on servers run by jerks.
  • SixtyWattManSixtyWattMan Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31404Members

Oh boy. I hope you get banned next.
  • DavilDavil Florida, USA Join Date: 2012-08-14 Member: 155602Members, Constellation
    Had no problems on KKG servers ever.
    And I understand that not all KKG members are this way. there are just a few weeds that need to be pulled...

Then you probably should have taken this up directly with them rather than trying to start a community discussion on the public UWE forums knowing that it wasn't going to resolve anything.
    Heh you edited your post... didn't catch that. I have had no problems playing on any of the KKG servers. Still, the fact remains that they owe you nothing. You're not paying them to play on their server, you are but a guest. I don't know you, but I'd be willing to bet you did something to get yourself banned. Racism, being hateful, etc. are things I've seen people banned for, and thats pretty much it. I haven't seen anyone banned for poor play, or anything else they can't really control.
  • ma$$a$$terma$$a$$ter Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165651Members
    edited February 2013
    Sampson , honestly
    I understand your stuck in your opinion and fail to see the error in your logic, so I will make this last post in this thread before it becomes locked, not for you, but for the greater good.

If you don't like it, leave.. Irregardless of your "lack of choice", you still have the choice to follow the house rules, or go else where...

having said that, I have not yet had an issue with KKG servers, but that might be because I play the dang game and respect the house rules...

But I also don't walk around with the attitude of "I bought this game, I have the right to play where ever I damn well please".
    Thanks tempest, you own ns2 and can command people to do everything. ever since you ran our servers I respected you, but since you have acted in a passive aggressive manner, I take that back... and you saying that commenting in the forums wouldn't resolve anything, then why did you comment? I appreciate you trying to achieve being a forum admin, but you aren't yet...
    awwwsnap wrote: »
    Heh you edited your post... didn't catch that. I have had no problems playing on any of the KKG servers. Still, the fact remains that they owe you nothing. You're not paying them to play on their server, you are but a guest. I don't know you, but I'd be willing to bet you did something to get yourself banned. Racism, being hateful, etc. are things I've seen people banned for, and thats pretty much it. I haven't seen anyone banned for poor play, or anything else they can't really control.

had to edit bc i was trying to add something and it got all screwy
    edited February 2013
    ma$$a$$ter wrote: »
    Sampson , honestly
    I understand your stuck in your opinion and fail to see the error in your logic, so I will make this last post in this thread before it becomes locked, not for you, but for the greater good.

If you don't like it, leave.. Irregardless of your "lack of choice", you still have the choice to follow the house rules, or go else where...

having said that, I have not yet had an issue with KKG servers, but that might be because I play the dang game and respect the house rules...

But I also don't walk around with the attitude of "I bought this game, I have the right to play where ever I damn well please".

Yea, I said I bought the game and deserved to play wherever i damn well please? no. good try though.
    and, a reasonable admin would give one warning. if anything.

lol the person slipped some BS and got banned from all the servers. I'll post in their forums. I'll stop posting here.

(btw, it isn't "their house"... it's a server with random admins that overly-react)

I know it's a stretch, but if a server has few people, why pay the extra money to run it? not to mention reserved slots.

No, they aren't making money from people playing on their servers. If the admins were being unfair or out of control, less people will play and eventually, instead of making money or spending some money for people to play, the owner will be wasting money on servers run by jerks.

They have a growing "inhouse" community, and have no problem filling servers because of that. Not only that, but they have 7 servers and at least half of them are full all the time. I'm sorry, but it's not logical to even bring up having few people. These servers have had heavy traffic since beta. Maybe you should just abide by the rules like the rest of the players?

how can one abide by the "rules" when one can't join the server? And these rules seem to be executed by random people who have their own random decision on what the punishment is, without anyone asking.
    Sampson:

I know for the fact that the owners look at every ban so even if you don't post on the official forum there's a chance that they would still investigate the ruling if you were a known regular on the server
    Thanks tempest, you own ns2 and can command people to do everything. ever since you ran our servers I respected you, but since you have acted in a passive aggressive manner, I take that back... and you saying that commenting in the forums wouldn't resolve anything, then why did you comment? I appreciate you trying to achieve being a forum admin, but you aren't yet...

So your trying to blame me for creating the drama in this thread? Interesting to say the least given that your original post said:

I'm sure this thread will be closed and I'll be told "talk to the admins" ...

I assume this will be deleted and/or locked and I'll get a PM...

Why create the thread if you *know* that it will get deleted or locked?

edited February 2013

So your trying to blame me for creating the drama in this thread? Interesting to say the least given that your original post said:

I'm sure this thread will be closed and I'll be told "talk to the admins" ...

I assume this will be deleted and/or locked and I'll get a PM...

Why create the thread if you *know* that it will get deleted or locked?

I'm not blaming you for the drama entirely; you are trying to blame it all on me when you are responding and continuing the drama.

I said it'd be deleted and/or locked because the admins on this forum are pretty hard-core. Understandable, they don't want there to be tension in the community. I just wanted to get other peoples' opinions on this community.... if it's delete worthy then so be it...

*edit* ok now im done.
  • CiroCiro Join Date: 2013-01-09 Member: 178392Members
    Their server, their responsibility. If an admin doesn't want you there, it's on them and the server owner. At most, you can give a friendly warning to others joining that server.

• IAMKINGIAMKING Join Date: 2012-09-14 Member: 159328Members
    IAMKING wrote: »

The thing is no one is forcing you to play on their servers. If you don't like something just go to a different server. Why do you feel the need to have to insult someone on the forums because you believe their method of running the server is "wrong". You should remember that they are the ones paying for the server so they can run it anyway that they deem fit.

are you an idiot? wait, don't answer that

they run their servers poorly, and i'm just stating that. i don't play on their servers because they suck and the adminning is terrible
This discussion has been closed.