New Game Mode : Capture the Tech(nology)

schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
Basically this game would remove resnodes, and instead of the resnodes, each room provides a specific team upgrade.

E.g. on ns2_docking instead of a res node at cafeteria, you there would be an advanced armory for the marines, and say, stomp for the aliens. If the marines capture that room then they get access to advanced weapons, if aliens capture it they can evolve stomp.

What do you guys think? I can expand and explain more needed.

Comments

• schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    really not one response? lol
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Would be a great mod.
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I think this would be an extremely interesting game mode. Entirely different strategies would have to evolve in order to come out on top. Would be especially interesting if the tech "spawns" were randomized along with spawns. Focus would be put on finding and securing individual rooms and denying a room with a particular tech to the enemy, rather than destroying the enemy's economy or forward bases.

With random tech spawns in particular you could be sure that no game would go the same as the last one. Both teams would have to learn to adapt their strategies to what tech they have available.

Overall I like the idea.