Will UWE tell us whats in the content patch before it released?

schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
edited February 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
Common guys you've been terribly secretive with details for upcoming features ever since the beta was over - I've tried to drop an OBS scan over the UWE office but it revealed nothing! :)

I can understand that you'd be careful not to announce dates, but as for content I'm itching to find out - so I have something to look forward to :D

Yes there is a new map - awesome :) but what else is coming? or planned? Open your mind Charlie, OPEN YOUR MIND...

I know there might be clues spread throughout the forums, but an official word summary on the news page or even an unofficial shortlist here would make my day!

Comments

• GrueneMedizinGrueneMedizin Join Date: 2012-12-13 Member: 175008Members
    They did that vote thing with Google Moderator a while ago.
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    Given that a large proportion of the player base consist of people like savant, imbalanxd, Heatsurge, res, ma$$a$$ter and similar people with bad and wrong opinions I would rather there not be a vote on coming content.
  • XaoXao Join Date: 2012-12-12 Member: 174840Members
    This is game dev 101, every dev that has ever hyped up an announcement and has fallen short of it for whatever reason never hears the end of it, until the end of time.

It is recorded in wikis, posted on gaming websites, blogged, facebook updated, reddit front pages the works, "Game Dev X promised Y and delivered Z". Not to mention the mountainous arse pain over theorycrafting 101 that will happen as soon as something is announced, why the sky will fall on patch update day, how it will completely ruin the game in 7 different ways.

Never tell the great unwashed what is coming, no good will come of it.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Let the devs make the decisions then show us the final product.
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    wow you guys are mega jaded.

if there ever were a voting system, the options available to choose from would be set by the dev's, its simply a matter of priority, its not like the dev's would be implementing bad ideas :S

also since content patch is due in FEB - it means that they are already working on it, so that means that they know what is going to be in it :S
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    All opinions would influence the devs, not necessarily for the better.
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    All opinions would influence the devs, not necessarily for the better.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying:
    In the planetside 2 voting, the players only get to choose from a set list of options.

The dev's are the ones that make the list out of features that would be going into the game one way or another.

The only influence players get is on the timing of when the features might be implemented.

Anyway i never meant to suggested that this should be done for ns2, i was simply saying it was cool, and figured people would find that interesting, but instead they decide to only see the negative side and cry about it. So i'm going to edit out my initial post because its completely derailing the thread.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Scatter wrote: »
    Given that a large proportion of the player base consist of people like savant, imbalanxd, Heatsurge, res, ma$$a$$ter and similar people with bad and wrong opinions I would rather there not be a vote on coming content.

This. too many morons in the community will ruin the game if they are given free reign on gameplay and design decisions.
  • HuzeHuze Insightful Join Date: 2003-11-12 Member: 22724Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
  • WhiteWeaselWhiteWeasel Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173197Members
    edited February 2013
    schkorpio wrote: »
    wow you guys are mega jaded.

if there ever were a voting system, the options available to choose from would be set by the dev's, its simply a matter of priority, its not like the dev's would be implementing bad ideas :S

Makes me think of Endless Space's G2G:
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Even having a list of features that will all definitely go into the game eventually is asking for trouble. If they change their minds about even one of them the community will flip out.
  • |strofix||strofix| Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165453Members
    Scatter wrote: »

Luckily, Imbalanxd was banned. We'll never see HIM again.
  • YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
    While I'm super exited for rail guns and gorge tunnels, I really hope we get the exit exo option. Btw what happened to google moderator? I loved that thing
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yep, they won't tell.

You can thank all the kiddos that cry every time a developer hasn't delivered a feature he has thought about publicly. "Because he PROMISED!!!1" 8-}
  • LonewulfzaLonewulfza Join Date: 2013-01-21 Member: 180951Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Just because they wouldnt tell doesnt meant that we shouldnt guess/theory craft what we think or hope will be in the next patch.

Lets make some lists and then the OP can list all of them in his original post.

Marines
    - Able to weld doors/vents
    - Exit able Exos(would love this)
    - Stand Alone Grenades(max 1 or 2 per marine, needs research, kind of like the mines)

Aliens
    - Gorgie Tunnels at hives(Awesome)
    - New evolution - increase dmg(something like acid bite or something)
  • kingkrabbe.#bofkingkrabbe.#bof Join Date: 2012-10-21 Member: 162892Members
    Lonewulfza wrote: »
    - New evolution - increase dmg(something like acid bite or something)

why not bring focus back? I would love that!

Because it'd make fades op.
  • LonewulfzaLonewulfza Join Date: 2013-01-21 Member: 180951Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2013
    Perhaps a better thing would be to add focus but to change the way it works. Perhaps add dmg but based on a type per alien class. For instance: Fades get +1.4x extra dmg against structures(Structural dmg), gorges gets +1.5% dmg as piercing, skulks's dmg gets a boost to armour dmg (for late game when marines has 3 armour and exo's) but it doesnt increase the dmg they do to hp and so on.

That could work out wondrously and increase the usefulness of certain aliens.