ENSL NA Div 1 Finals (Nexzil v All-In), Jan 27th, 2013

124»

Comments

• ShinoShino Join Date: 2012-11-26 Member: 173316Members
    edited January 2013
    I dropped warehouse later than you'd expect because I want to make absolute sure that nexzil wasn't in ore processing.

I have very bad experiences with dropping a hive, then getting 2 marine rushed and killed.

And the last map, we didn't have an obs so I couldn't scan.
  • targetducktargetduck Join Date: 2013-01-19 Member: 180718Members
    They were entertaining matches to watch but not very good. Ignoring jetpacks for so long was more mental than the arcs.

6v6 still seems too small for me, all the action was very focused in one place so map control was not a big deal and marines cant attack from 2 directions.

The same issues that plague pub play are in there. Aliens win. Marines are much more vulnerable to gimicy play. Suicide bile is too easy to do, for low risk small investment and no execution difficulty you roll to win the game and its much harder to defend with more at stake than it is to execute.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited January 2013
    targetduck wrote: »
    They were entertaining matches to watch but not very good. Ignoring jetpacks for so long was more mental than the arcs.

6v6 still seems too small for me, all the action was very focused in one place so map control was not a big deal and marines cant attack from 2 directions.

The same issues that plague pub play are in there. Aliens win. Marines are much more vulnerable to gimicy play. Suicide bile is too easy to do, for low risk small investment and no execution difficulty you roll to win the game and its much harder to defend with more at stake than it is to execute.

Marines can attack from two directions. Doing so properly is the most advanced way to attack Resource Towers and work the Aliens down right from the start. Our team just didn't do it very well.

And when they did do it, unfortunately the objective at the time was to hold Ore and kill Warehouse so we were out of position to defend against 1x Onos 1x Fade and 2x Gorges + skulks.