How about Classes for marines ?

NabounagaNabounaga Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181691Members
Hi

i'll jump right into the main point xD

i was thinking about what would make the marines experience more interesting than what it is now , I suggest adding Classes for the Marines such as the medic which obviously will heal/revive his team mates , another Class for instance is The engineer where he can get an improved Fixing tools and decreased building time while the others can still use the normal Welding tool and building tool ,

IMPORTANT :-

<u>some of you would say its will somehow lose its identity by adding the classes , my opinion is that this move might take this game to a whole new league a better one.
</u>

I will be more than happy to read what you guys think about it and please if you hated it tell us why also if you loved it tell is why and how can we improve it even further.

i'm sorry if you found this thread hard to read xD

Comments

• ReubotReubot Join Date: 2012-10-15 Member: 162374Members
    Hmm.. maybe also a soldier class with a bazooka and maybe a heavy class with a minigun
  • FastshotFastshot Join Date: 2013-01-20 Member: 180860Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hmm.. maybe also a soldier class with a bazooka and maybe a heavy class with a minigun<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> hahaha

I don't really want classes in this game. There are so many games already with classes in them.
    Everyone complains about balancing enough as it is (and honestly I don't think there are really any big issues with that) adding classes would further this "unbalance" I feel. The fact that every marine starts out the same is refreshing to me. Everyone can do anything and everything. That focuses the game more on skill and teamwork. You buy and upgrade what you need when you need it.

Maybe this idea should be turned into some sort of upgrade/weapon instead. That way people don't have to pick a "class" and get stuck with it until they die (which would be frequent and I'm guessing it'd cost some res in order to be a medic/engineer which wouldn't be very good).
  • TinkerTinker Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14395Members
    The game has a class system. You buy the equipment or the class that suits you for that life and if you can't afford it then your team doesn't get that kind of support. This isn't TF2, or BF3 or something. It's ok to be different.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2013
    The game has classes...

Rifle marine
    Shotgun marine
    Flamethrower marine
    Grenadelauncher marine

^+
    Axe
    Pistol
    Welder
    Jetpack

EXO pilot (BroFist, BroDualFist, BroMinigun, BroRailgun, DualMinigun, DualRailgun, OAGEXO) <-- I'm voting for modular EXO's as you can see :P
  • SloppyKissesSloppyKisses omgawd a furreh&#33; Virginia Join Date: 2003-07-05 Member: 17942Members, Constellation
    I would personally like to see medics as a marine class, removing the healing functionality from where you purchase your weapons and ammunition. It would give marines more roles than just humping an armory an entire game.
  • WildChickenWildChicken Join Date: 2004-08-25 Member: 30891Members, Constellation
    I want to see the OAGEXO Kouji. Does it come with Poofighter shouting instead of standard marine comms?
  • whoppaXXLwhoppaXXL Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58298Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Make MAC's health suppliers, make Armories limited. Everything else is already "classed" as Kouji said.
  • FuleFule Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67683Members
    How about no. NS is NS, not TF 2.
  • BigRustyRedBigRustyRed Join Date: 2012-11-30 Member: 173786Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I would personally like to see medics as a marine class, removing the healing functionality from where you purchase your weapons and ammunition. It would give marines more roles than just humping an armory an entire game.
    whoppaXXL wrote: »
    Make MAC's health suppliers, make Armories limited. Everything else is already "classed" as Kouji said.

The game already has a medic, The commander drops med packs, MACS already supply health through welding armor, also you can become a "medic" marine by buying a welder that you can use to repair the armor of your team mates.

As many people have said above the game already has classes through buying different types of weapons.
  • Lt.RealnessLt.Realness Join Date: 2004-03-17 Member: 27379Members
    I really love all these "let's turn this game into some other game I occasionally play, so it's easier for me to adapt and I don't need to use my gray matter" threads.
    Seriously. Natural Selection II is unique out there! If you want to play BF³, TF² or CoD then feel free to do so. If you ever get bored by these, check out the multiple clones of these popular titles that are on the market.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    edited January 2013
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    The game has classes...

Rifle marine
    Shotgun marine
    Flamethrower marine
    Grenadelauncher marine

^+
    Axe
    Pistol
    Welder
    Jetpack

EXO pilot (BroFist, BroDualFist, BroMinigun, BroRailgun, DualMinigun, DualRailgun, OAGEXO) <-- I'm voting for modular EXO's as you can see :P

This.

The classes are already there for the choosing. You want to be the engineer? Grab a welder. Want to be the medic? Grab a welder. The heavy? Exo. Pyro? Flamethrower. Soldier? Jetpack+shotgun. Demoman? Grenade launcher+mines. Spy? Wrong team, join the aliens, and get camo.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2013
    I want to see the OAGEXO Kouji. Does it come with Poofighter shouting instead of standard marine comms?
    I think the OAGEXO is actually Poofighter voice activated :P