Internal Playtesting positions once again OPEN for North America regions!

2»

Comments

• voin_bgvoin_bg Join Date: 2013-01-09 Member: 178374Members
    Registerted here just to apply for testing. I really like this game. I can go any time but US obv will give my bad ping although I can still kick ass(Ive played on us servers).
    I'd really like to clear out maps of skulk stuck points. Today I got stuck like 10 times on places where I should not :S
  • KazterKazter Join Date: 2003-08-12 Member: 19481Members, Constellation
    Well I would love to join you all, but I will be taking a class that meets on those exact days and exact times :(

Best of luck to all that applied.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Well if you ever want people out of the US, my offer stands.
  • MaxunitMaxunit Join Date: 2005-02-01 Member: 39414Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2013
    Applied as well.

I'm from Germany, but I'm a "Night Owl" and already highly adapted myself to the US Timezone, since I'm running a Community, where most Members and Team Members are from the United States. The Home-Office job adds to it...pretty much have my freedom.

And I'm also always looking for any chance to improve my skills in English and my private hobby, which is Quality Assurance. Nothing is more fun (and frustrating at the same time) than working on something, testing it over and over again and to finally see your own polished work.

Would love to playtest the latest fixes for NS2, find bugs and help UWE to improve the game :)

Greetings,

Maxunit
  • benmeffanbenmeffan Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178151Members
    Hey nice post thanks for sharing
  • JerryrobinsonJerryrobinson Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177289Members
    thanks for this replaying positions for America.
  • AlphaWolfAlphaWolf Join Date: 2003-01-11 Member: 12175Members
    I tend to be *very* good at finding bugs and managing to break things in ways that the developers intended to not be possible. I'm also a network engineer (CCNP), have rather extensive scripting experience, and tend to be pretty good at formulating algorithms (flowcharts, etc) though I don't do hardcore coding.

Trouble is the PT test schedule is set to start a half hour before I start heading to my classes. If there are any other times (e.g. weekends, or earlier in the day) I could and would love to participate.
  • VolcanoVolcano Join Date: 2011-07-27 Member: 112496Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=2059529:date=Jan 12 2013, 04:16 PM:name=AlphaWolf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AlphaWolf @ Jan 12 2013, 04:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2059529"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I tend to be *very* good at finding bugs and managing to break things in ways that the developers intended to not be possible. I'm also a network engineer (CCNP), have rather extensive scripting experience, and tend to be pretty good at formulating algorithms (flowcharts, etc) though I don't do hardcore coding.

Trouble is the PT test schedule is set to start a half hour before I start heading to my classes. If there are any other times (e.g. weekends, or earlier in the day) I could and would love to participate.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Just do it on your own time and report it later, the schedule is just a get together with all the testers to talk about the things they found
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2013
    <!--quoteo(post=2059529:date=Jan 12 2013, 05:46 AM:name=AlphaWolf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AlphaWolf @ Jan 12 2013, 05:46 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2059529"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I tend to be *very* good at finding bugs and managing to break things in ways that the developers intended to not be possible. I'm also a network engineer (CCNP), have rather extensive scripting experience, and tend to be pretty good at formulating algorithms (flowcharts, etc) though I don't do hardcore coding.

Trouble is the PT test schedule is set to start a half hour before I start heading to my classes. If there are any other times (e.g. weekends, or earlier in the day) I could and would love to participate.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I'll just post this one here then: <a href="http://www.existence-unknown.com/marbl_media/countdowns/UWEPT.html" target="_blank">http://www.existence-unknown.com/marbl_med...owns/UWEPT.html</a>

Those are the timezone independent PT countdown timers for when we get a new builds from the devs to be tested. We then proceed to test the bugs on the bug tracker that are on something called "Stage 3"

Stage 1 are reported bugs, Stage 2 are bugs the devs are working on, stage 3 are bug that are ready for testing and Stage 4 are fixed bugs. However this doesn't stop you from testing bugs or reporting bugs outside of the PT schedule ;)
  • SloppyKissesSloppyKisses omgawd a furreh&#33; Virginia Join Date: 2003-07-05 Member: 17942Members, Constellation
    Awww. Guess I'll have better luck the next time. The 4th time :X lol
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    voin_bg wrote: »
    Registerted here just to apply for testing. I really like this game. I can go any time but US obv will give my bad ping although I can still kick ass(Ive played on us servers).
    I'd really like to clear out maps of skulk stuck points. Today I got stuck like 10 times on places where I should not :S
    There is a Maptesting team aswell.

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Just a quick note, that we'll be taking on some new EUPT (Euro) Playtesters soon! :-)
  • MaLuSMaLuS Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182769Members
    edited February 2013
    Application filled in XD although i live in the UK, i was asking to find out about play testing and was pointed here
This discussion has been closed.