Here's an idea for you server hosts

2»

Comments

• Arkahm719Arkahm719 Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151988Members
    you should still help new players when possible and not complain when you lose because you have a rookie on your team, If you guys truly love NS2 like you say you will try and keep it alive by helping and teaching new players instead of yelling at them and making them feel crappy when you lose and driving them away, because when ns2's community has the reputation of being jerks and terrible people this game will die.
  • nsguynsguy Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69869Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2063885:date=Jan 20 2013, 09:23 PM:name=Robby)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Robby @ Jan 20 2013, 09:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2063885"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->One day i hope i can just start NS2 up, join a red server, and know that i can enjoy this great game with competent players. I really don't see what's so tricky or destructive about that vision.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't see why you don't simplify the problem and just make it so that rookies can only join rookie servers. The problem at present is that the factors which define a rookie are too basic at the moment. Playing for four hours not only isn't long enough (it's like 4 games), but people can just idle. The rookie system should be based on points which can easily be used because they already exist in the game. Someone needs to do a calculation of how many points someone should get until they can be considered not a rookie. This idea will most definitely work very well and better than the "red server" idea which won't prevent rookies from joining them just as non-rookie servers don't prevent the rookies. RPGs rely on players to level up in order to defeat certain bosses or enter certain areas, and it works very well in motivating people to play the game. This is the same concept.