Idea... Rifle bullet spread

GorgenapperGorgenapper Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157916Members, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">Selectable?</div>I just thought of this last night... would it be possible to change the bullet spread on the assault rifle via a toggle switch between two settings: current accuracy, and NS1 accuracy. The bullet spread on the LMG in NS1 made it kind of worthless at range, but better for dealing with skulks up close.

So, a marine could start off with the rifle in the default bullet spread, and hit mouse button 3 to widen the bullet spread as needed.

Comments

• KazterKazter Join Date: 2003-08-12 Member: 19481Members, Constellation
    edited January 2013
    I think you have it backwards...

Spread helps you at melee range (think SG or HMG up close) and accuracy/tight grouping helps you at distance (think sniper rifles).

I like the idea of having a mode toggle though, it is a lot better of an idea than just flat out changing the Rifle to a HMG-type weapon like many newish players are suggesting. It certainly would make up for the absolutely worthless Riflebutting. I would rather use my Switchaxe over that POS attack any day. They both deal 20 or 25 damage, but the Riflebutt has less range than the Switchaxe. The only benefit of the Riflebutt being you do not have to wait 10 minutes to switch to another weapon or reloading.

But I digress, constructive post OP :)