Since they're considering letting marines exit exos

2»

Comments

• SyriquezSyriquez Join Date: 2005-01-29 Member: 38979Members
    Even if that's the case, I don't get why it's even a discussion point. If the Exo is destroyed, the player should ######ing die in the process. The Onos doesn't get to pop out of his skin as "SURPRISE SKULK!" when he gets killed. Freaking developers and their Marine love affair. Yeesh.
  • kastkast Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22791Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2044574:date=Dec 12 2012, 02:35 PM:name=Syriquez)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Syriquez @ Dec 12 2012, 02:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044574"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Even if that's the case, I don't get why it's even a discussion point. If the Exo is destroyed, the player should ######ing die in the process. The Onos doesn't get to pop out of his skin as "SURPRISE SKULK!" when he gets killed. Freaking developers and their Marine love affair. Yeesh.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

the game was never intended to be symmetrical

and as the marine-alien continuum goes....marines could use some kind of minor advantage to balance out game play...like hitreg fixes
  • nawoanawoa Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174777Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited December 2012
    This seems like a good idea. It sucks to be stuck in an exo when what your team needs most at the moment is someone to build, or when you're down to like 50 health and you know you can't make it back alive.

I like the idea of you having to drop everything but your pistol and axe/welder.

I think there should maybe be a distance and time-based lock on the exo... so if you go more than 10 meters away or are out of it for more than 60 seconds, it's unlocked for anyone to take.
  • DestroidDestroid Join Date: 2011-10-25 Member: 129240Members
    Don't like the idea of letting marines exit exos, takes out some of the risks or using them, and marines could jump out and weld up their own exo suit, at a base or otherwise.
  • pendelum5pendelum5 Join Date: 2012-10-29 Member: 164317Members
    It should take a few seconds to mount/dismount an exo, and exos should take extra damage when unoccupied (similar to ARCs when firing, as their sensitive parts are exposed). No primary weapon seems like a good idea. You should be able to weld your own exo when not in combat.
  • KopikatKopikat Join Date: 2012-09-06 Member: 158170Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2044760:date=Dec 12 2012, 06:39 PM:name=Destroid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destroid @ Dec 12 2012, 06:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044760"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Don't like the idea of letting marines exit exos, takes out some of the risks or using them, and marines could jump out and weld up their own exo suit, at a base or otherwise.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And the risk of being an Onos is...what, exactly?
  • AxehiltAxehilt Join Date: 2003-09-12 Member: 20796Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2044574:date=Dec 12 2012, 03:35 PM:name=Syriquez)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Syriquez @ Dec 12 2012, 03:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044574"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Even if that's the case, I don't get why it's even a discussion point. If the Exo is destroyed, the player should ######ing die in the process. The Onos doesn't get to pop out of his skin as "SURPRISE SKULK!" when he gets killed. Freaking developers and their Marine love affair. Yeesh.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't even get the impression that's even what's being discussed. If an exo dies, he dies, but if an exo is the only guy left at the hive you just defended with no phasegate and IP, he should be able to hop out and build.
  • ImbalanxdImbalanxd Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104581Members
    edited December 2012
    I really don't want exos being tied to players, it promotes bad play.

Somebody takes your exo -> so what? Your team still has an exo, and thus the resources are conserved. As for as the team is concerned nothing has changed, so why should you care?

Somebody is unable to take your exo -> it can be lost because you are the only person who can move it out of danger. It can also result in the loss of an outpost. Imagine a base with a bunch of dual minigun exos lying around, and plenty of marines too, but none of them are able to get into them as the Oni begin to attack. A pure waste.

Sure, in a team full of ######s, free for all exo access may detriment the game, but come on, its a team of ass holes. The game is already heavily compromised once you get to that point. However, in a proper team of considerate and informed players, the ability to commandeer a vacant exo suit can only add to the team experience.