Connect amount of hives on how strong traits are

PaniohitusPaniohitus Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168790Members
edited December 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
It's a suggestion and discussion. More discussion because i read very much that marine players don't really mention when the aliens have 1,2 hives for example. Why is there not be chosen to let the traits of the aliens evolve with the amount of hives. As example: (really, just as idea...) Could this be a solution? If it is, i will work it more out and post it in the ideas-forum.
<b>
1 hive:</b>
Shade:
--Camo: cloak in 3 sec.
--silence: 80% silence

Crag:
--regen: 80% from what it is now
--carpace: as skulk 30 armor

Shift:
--celerity: x speed
--adreline: x adril.

---------------------------------

<b>2 hives:</b>
shade:
--camo: cloak in 2 sec
--silence: 90% silence

Crag:
--regen: 90% from what it is now
--carpace: as skulk 35 armor

Shift:
--celerity: more speed then 1 hive
--adreline: more adril then 1 hive

---------------------------------

<b>3 hives:</b>
shade:
--camo: cloak in 1 sec
--silence: 100% silence

Crag:
--regen: 100% from what it is now
--carpace: as skulk 40 armor

Shift:
--celerity: more speed then 2nd hive
--adreline: more adril then 2nd hive

Comments

• halfofaheavenhalfofaheaven Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168660Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold
  • CaptnRussiaCaptnRussia Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164462Members
    Seems like a decent way for aliens to scale, at least skulk wise with the marines. You probably would need to rethink it for the higher than gorge lifeforms though as an onos or fade would be devestating in a 3 hive late game.
  • LofungLofung Join Date: 2004-08-21 Member: 30757Members
    we used to have armour related boosts with hives. but because of charlies strange taste of not having any hidden parameters, while having all those wall-jumping and in game tutorial poorly-documented, sorry it will not be implemented anysoon.
  • ShrimmShrimm Join Date: 2012-10-05 Member: 161652Members
    I personally feel aliens and marines both should scale like this. W1/A1 at one tech W2/A2 at two tech W3/A3 at three tech points. Would put more incentive to fight for tech points as a team and less on backdooring each others resource towers. Would also severely reduce turtles.
  • AWhiteAWhite Join Date: 2007-07-26 Member: 61685Members
    You'd have to completely rework how alien upgrades get bought, cost, etc. This isn't just "lets scale aliens with hives!" this is really "lets overhaul the entire alien progression, workflow, balance, and gameplay!"...
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2012
    Aliens already scale with hives by getting multiple upgrades, and new abilities obviously. I don't see why the effect of the upgrades needs to increase as well.
  • xxswatelitexxxxswatelitexx Join Date: 2012-11-16 Member: 171754Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2038438:date=Dec 1 2012, 02:03 PM:name=Zek)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zek @ Dec 1 2012, 02:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038438"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Aliens already scale with hives by getting multiple upgrades, and new abilities obviously. I don't see why the effect of the upgrades needs to increase as well.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So True
    It would also make impossible wins no long possible.
    Even if the marines dominated 80% of the map and aliens have a single hive left and all is lost I have been in games where aliens still won.

with a scaling system that just makes it more impossible to happen.
    The current system somewhat levels the playing field.