xVx - Victurus is looking for talent...

sleepingsleeping Join Date: 2005-01-16 Member: 35868Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
Greetings,

Victurus online gaming guild is currently scouting for some NS2 talent. We need skillful, mature and honest players who can work good as a team as well as hold there own in tight spots. We would like down to earth personalities, people with humor that can have a good time, but know when to play serious and get business done.

We do not currently have any set times as we are still looking for more members. I am usually on from 9:00am - 11:00pm CST most weekdays, and at sporadic times on the weekends. So its pretty easy to catch me online.

We currently have a 24 man pub server that is usually full that we have been scouting on. Come join our server, get to know us say hi, and join our steam group. Let us know your interested. Feel free to add me on Steam.

24 Man Pub Server: <!--coloro:#00BFFF--><span style="color:#00BFFF"><!--/coloro-->69.162.86.2:14440 (Victurus Online Gaming Guild - NS2 - Dallas)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Steam Group: <a href="http://steamcommunity.com/groups/victurus" target="_blank">http://steamcommunity.com/groups/victurus</a>

My Profile: <a href="http://steamcommunity.com/id/xclen" target="_blank">http://steamcommunity.com/id/xclen</a>

Thanks in Advance!

-Ecks
Leader of Victurus

Comments

• SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    I would go in and say hi, however, I seem to be banned from the server.

Either way, I really hope you guys manage to get some more, so that we have more teams to play :)
  • SaniKSaniK Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166850Members
  • VirsoulVirsoul Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151977Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos
    I would, but 24 player server....
  • bLink`bLink` Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146506Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I might go in and say hi too!
  • KajirouKajirou Join Date: 2012-11-28 Member: 173541Members
    Played a few hours today on there and it was a good bit of fun. Except when the marine team just kinda gave up on the lava falls map after losing on it a couple times. (that map seems to be crazy hard for marines on pub servers); when they tried to see how many people you can fit into the command chair (turns out it's three). Still a lot of fun, plenty of good players, and I actually did pretty well myself. xD
  • sleepingsleeping Join Date: 2005-01-16 Member: 35868Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    24 player servers are the best :) Lots of action and plenty of people to kill. If you find yourself having a hard time against such large teams, change up your strategy. It is allot harder to survive against 12 people than it is 6. That is why I like to practice bullet and teeth dodging on this server, really hones those skills :P

Come on over to our server and have some fun. We are still looking for more regulars and keeping an eye out for some potential team mates.

-Ecks
    Leader of Victurus
  • sleepingsleeping Join Date: 2005-01-16 Member: 35868Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    We are still looking for more talent for our 6man team. We need people who can shoot as marines and can bite as aliens.
  • w3st420w3st420 Join Date: 2010-07-21 Member: 72615Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2038110:date=Nov 30 2012, 02:54 PM:name=Syknik)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Syknik @ Nov 30 2012, 02:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038110"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I would go in and say hi, however, I seem to be banned from the server.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I would go in and say hi, however, I have been banned as well. Nice enough group sure, but if you are looking for talent my first suggestion would be to stop banning it.
    We ban trolls, ragers, and anyone who is just plain being a jerk to people. If your banned, its your own doing, and we do not want you, period.

But we are still looking for people who are not the things listed above. We want talented, honest, mature, fun people to game with and be competitive with.

Feel free to join the server and our steam group and get to know us!
  • PaLaGiPaLaGi Join Date: 2008-01-03 Member: 63331Members, Constellation
    edited December 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2046283:date=Dec 15 2012, 02:59 PM:name=sleeping)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sleeping @ Dec 15 2012, 02:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2046283"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->We ban trolls, ragers, and anyone who is just plain being a jerk to people. If your banned, its your own doing, and we do not want you, period.

But we are still looking for people who are not the things listed above. We want talented, honest, mature, fun people to game with and be competitive with.

Feel free to join the server and our steam group and get to know us!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I was banned after about 15 minutes on your server. Never said a word over text or mic. Apparently you didn't like my K:D or something because the second game you went spec and then I was kicked never to return with no explanation.

<a href="http://ns2stats.org/round/round/22394" target="_blank">http://ns2stats.org/round/round/22394</a>
    <a href="http://ns2stats.org/round/round/22398" target="_blank">http://ns2stats.org/round/round/22398</a>
    Alias: bLaCkJaCk (edit to include alias)

I am looking for a team and I am sad I cannot play on your server anymore. I noticed you are #1 ranked player on ns2stats.org and was looking forward to learning from you and getting to know you.
  • IAMKINGIAMKING Join Date: 2012-09-14 Member: 159328Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2046283:date=Dec 15 2012, 02:59 PM:name=sleeping)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sleeping @ Dec 15 2012, 02:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2046283"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->We ban trolls, ragers, and anyone who is just plain being a jerk to people. If your banned, its your own doing, and we do not want you, period.

Feel free to join the server and our steam group and get to know us!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    you ban people better than you for no reason and then brag about your meaningless ranking

maybe you are looking for hypocrites
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited December 2012
    Can I be unbanned

when i said "baited ######" it was among friends.. Gorgeous made the kill and Garfu was the victim of my gorge baiting.

I don't understand why that's a bannable offense

plz halp ive been banned

You will make no friends in the competitive community when you BAN all the best team's members.. Inv, nxzl, etc.
    edited December 2012
    Iamking if you have been banned, it is for a worthy reason. Crying about it on the forums isn't going to help you, go find another server to play on.

Locklear you have been unbanned, watch how you treat other players, especially on my server.

Blackjack you have been unbanned, I do not remember why you were banned or if it was even me, but I will be watching you, keep it clean and all is good.\\

** Just for the record, right now we have a total of 12 banned players in our ban list, after 2 months of operation and over 15,000 unique individuals playing on our server.. that doesn't sound like handing out bans for no reason to me. **
  • havok?havok? Join Date: 2012-05-22 Member: 152462Members, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=2048768:date=Dec 20 2012, 04:58 PM:name=PaLaGi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PaLaGi @ Dec 20 2012, 04:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2048768"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I was banned after about 15 minutes on your server. Never said a word over text or mic. Apparently you didn't like my K:D or something because the second game you went spec and then I was kicked never to return with no explanation.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, same here.

<a href="http://ns2stats.org/round/round/19259" target="_blank">http://ns2stats.org/round/round/19259</a>
  • IAMKINGIAMKING Join Date: 2012-09-14 Member: 159328Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2050233:date=Dec 23 2012, 09:49 AM:name=sleeping)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sleeping @ Dec 23 2012, 09:49 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2050233"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Iamking if you have been banned, it is for a worthy reason. Crying about it on the forums isn't going to help you, go find another server to play on.

Locklear you have been unbanned, watch how you treat other players, especially on my server.

Blackjack you have been unbanned, I do not remember why you were banned or if it was even me, but I will be watching you, keep it clean and all is good.\\

** Just for the record, right now we have a total of 12 banned players in our ban list, after 2 months of operation and over 15,000 unique individuals playing on our server.. that doesn't sound like handing out bans for no reason to me. **<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I don't play on your servers because they are full of idiot hypocrites like you. I do know a couple people that are quite good that were banned from your server for no reason (except to preserve your ego, apparently).

you sound like a really old, out of touch gamer that doesn't have the proper skill or perspective to admin a server properly
  • FlipperFlipper Join Date: 2012-08-08 Member: 155120Members
    edited December 2012
    LOL

Fun story, havent played NS2 in weeks, rusty etc, go in to the server with a ping of 150 and go like 20-10, nothing special, and am banned for wallhacking?

Apparently being a smart player when aliens have shade is considered hacking.

Best example was the Admin, spotted by another player, so showing up on my 'c' map, ran down the middle of tram groundskulking, not to mention he was also in range on our obs in WH. I see him on the map, step out and shoot him and he instantly goes to spectate mode to get ready to ban me. Your a groundskulk, says it all.

Guess they dont like playing people who can think.

These guys dont know how to run a server I guess and the server should be boycotted, oh and they are looking to build a team? gonna be hard when you ban anyone decent.

Throwing this in from their "server description" of 1st person spectator - "One thing to note to be careful of, it does not show scan /observatory rings on aliens so careful when looking for wallhacks." which directly pertains to the above example.
    Man yall must really want to play here if yall whine this much about being banned from one server out of 200+? sad
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited December 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2046113:date=Dec 15 2012, 02:43 AM:name=w3st420)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (w3st420 @ Dec 15 2012, 02:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2046113"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I would go in and say hi, however, I have been banned as well. Nice enough group sure, but if you are looking for talent my first suggestion would be to stop banning it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Says it all right there.

You're a bad admin imo. Banning any competent players senselessly. You will make no friends in this competitive community if you BAN all of them for hacking.

Get a grip or get the hell out.

There is no first person spectator, there is no true way to prove it.. it's something I've learned and you should too. This is really bad for your team's name and your own.

I really don't want to play on your servers even with being "unbanned". I treated no one wrongly to begin with, I was joking with Garfu.

They don't want to play on your servers specifically, they just want to play since the NA scrim'ing scene is mostly slow atm. Therefore they just pub for fun. They are competitive players and thus good, not hackers.

You keep this up and you'll be the laughing stock of the entire competitive community for "skill banning".

"Ecks: i dont give a shyt about your score nor your skill.. i care that you stare at people thru walls
    Flip: you mean predicting?"

There's this thing called 3D surround sound, and this thing called a "Scan" and an "Observatory".

Maybe you haven't played NS2 before but those are the things that will cause Marines to find your skulk and kill it even though you think you're one smart stealthy guy.
  • Omar - The WireOmar - The Wire Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165320Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2050328:date=Dec 23 2012, 12:20 PM:name=sleeping)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sleeping @ Dec 23 2012, 12:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2050328"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Man yall must really want to play here if yall whine this much about being banned from one server out of 200+? sad<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I'm sure it's annoyance that servers like this exist.

You, or other admins, have banned perfectly legitimate players for nothing more than good playing. Syknik (who commented first) is a perfect example. From what I know of the man, it's a safe bet he didn't do any griefing or trolling. Palagi and I went specifically in your server to see if we could get banned for "hacking" as you've already developed that reputation. Hence why Palagi is so sure he didn't say anything on text or mic because he was trying to remove that as a possibility. Sure enough, 22 kills and 2 deaths later across 2 rounds, he's banned.

No one wants to play someone who is cheating, a server admin being diligent is a good thing. A server admin being uninformed is another.

There is no one first person spectator. That alone makes it near impossible. This game has so many ways to see someone through a wall: audibly, another player has line of sight on them, scan, edge range of an observatory, you can see their movements on the minimap when a teammate dies, etc.. It's overwhelming. This is an indie game run on a custom engine. Yes there are hacks, but they aren't prevalent as something like Counter Strike. It's a niche specialty that few hackers are going to see an interest, or potential profit, to code for. They exist, just at really low numbers. Also, there is active submission of new hacks to UWE so the VAC system can be updated routinely. Finally, there is a huge skill gap, currently, between pubs and competitive players. While it's certainly not always "fair", it's how it is.

You're getting a lot of grief here, but that you shouldn't lose the message.
  • JAMESEARLJONOSJAMESEARLJONOS Join Date: 2012-12-15 Member: 175155Members
    edited December 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2050321:date=Dec 23 2012, 10:56 AM:name=Flipper)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flipper @ Dec 23 2012, 10:56 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2050321"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->LOL

Fun story, havent played NS2 in weeks, rusty etc, go in to the server with a ping of 150 and go like 20-10, nothing special, and am banned for wallhacking?

Apparently being a smart player when aliens have shade is considered hacking.

Best example was the Admin, spotted by another player, so showing up on my 'c' map, ran down the middle of tram groundskulking, not to mention he was also in range on our obs in WH. I see him on the map, step out and shoot him and he instantly goes to spectate mode to get ready to ban me. Your a groundskulk, says it all.

Guess they dont like playing people who can think.

These guys dont know how to run a server I guess and the server should be boycotted, oh and they are looking to build a team? gonna be hard when you ban anyone decent.

Throwing this in from their "server description" of 1st person spectator - "One thing to note to be careful of, it does not show scan /observatory rings on aliens so careful when looking for wallhacks." which directly pertains to the above example.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

My favorite was how I got banned from the server. Eckz thought that a good place to stay in camo was near a moving drifter. In the process of killing the drifter, I ended up hitting him as well. Banned in the first 3 minutes of the map. lolol.
  • Side1Bu2Rnz9Side1Bu2Rnz9 Join Date: 2012-10-16 Member: 162510Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    hint: Banning good players who are a part of the competitive community you're trying to become a part of is not the best way to host a server. I hope you learn from this, and become a better admin because of this. As for me, first impression is sold, I will be avoiding your server in the future.

GLHF
  • w3st420w3st420 Join Date: 2010-07-21 Member: 72615Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2050328:date=Dec 23 2012, 11:20 AM:name=sleeping)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sleeping @ Dec 23 2012, 11:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2050328"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Man yall must really want to play here if yall whine this much about being banned from one server out of 200+? sad<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Eh not really whining, seeing as how you have banned a bunch of competitive players because their K:D was higher than yours, we feel the need to warn others to stay away from your server like the plague.

<!--quoteo(post=2050529:date=Dec 23 2012, 09:29 PM:name=Side1Bu2Rnz9)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Side1Bu2Rnz9 @ Dec 23 2012, 09:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2050529"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->hint: Banning good players who are a part of the competitive community you're trying to become a part of is not the best way to host a server. I hope you learn from this, and become a better admin because of this. <i><b>As for me, first impression is sold, I will be avoiding your server in the future. </b>
    </i>
    GLHF<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Seems like our job is done. Your server now has a large reputation for banning skilled players. Congrats.
  • ColtColtColtColt Join Date: 2012-06-27 Member: 153707Members
    edited December 2012
    I'd like to chime in here and say a couple things:

1. Ecks has been reasonable the couple times i've spoken to him on his server. Seems like a decent guy.

2. The admin. staff on the Vict. pub server are absolutely unreasonable. I've been 'banned' here for 'aimbotting and wallhacking' due to having a decent score in a casual pub. No spectation was had, no discourse, simply a flat ban. I'm fairly sure it was a 24 hour ban to avoid my seeking it to be overturned; as I've not been banned the couple times i've joined it since. However, I avoid this server due to the fact that it seems that 'good' = 'banned' on it.

Much love Ecks, this thread has way too much vitriol in it for a fair discourse, but the heart of the matter has an ounce of truth. Everyone else, Ecks isn't a terrible guy, flatly trolling is silly and uncalled for.

-All-In | Colt

EDIT: Also, best of luck with finding some competitive-level players, we need more North American love for NS2. Wish you all the best.
  • FlipperFlipper Join Date: 2012-08-08 Member: 155120Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2050654:date=Dec 24 2012, 05:07 AM:name=ColtColt)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColtColt @ Dec 24 2012, 05:07 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2050654"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->1. Ecks has been reasonable the couple times i've spoken to him on his server. Seems like a decent guy.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I cant agree with this, I killed him and instantly he went into spec mode and began commenting on my "wallhacking" in chat. With no real evidence besides me looking down a hall where a shade was and thus cloaked aliens. Bad admins are bad.