am i bad person ?

JuomariJuomari Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167141Members
When i go to alien in starting game, i like to jump in as commander, build insta shadehive and camo upgrade and 1 rt for the team and then logout and ask if anyone else wants to com.

reason why i do this is because that's the only way i can play with shade tech as alien, i don't want camo when we have 3 hive but at start when it's actually useful, and i personally love shade hive as alien because of 3 things, 1. camouflage 2. silence 3. decoy alien if i'm commander, and i'm so bored to 6min onos plant tactic.

now call me an ###### but this is only way i get to play as shade alien, sorry for everyone who's game i have "ruined" because in no way shadehive means loss....

Comments

• includeinclude aka RpTheHotrod Dallas, TX Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12027Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Any commander that jumps in for personal gain then hops out for the rest of the game I'd consider "bad". Commanding should involve dedication and team play, not personal gain.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2012
    Uh, yes. The comm makes the tech choices, suck it up and play with what he wants. If you want Shade first, ask for it nicely. You're also screwing over your team by sitting in the Hive for that long and then handing some other comm your mess.
  • guitarxeguitarxe Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 166148Members
    This reminds me so much of smacktards back in the BF days.

Smacktard: Why do people hate me? I just take the B17 to get to the nearest flag and then jump out and let it crash.
  • DavilDavil Florida, USA Join Date: 2012-08-14 Member: 155602Members, Constellation
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2017173:date=Nov 9 2012, 09:19 AM:name=Juomari)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juomari @ Nov 9 2012, 09:19 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017173"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->When i go to alien in starting game, i like to jump in as commander, build insta shadehive and camo upgrade and 1 rt for the team and then logout and ask if anyone else wants to com.

reason why i do this is because that's the only way i can play with shade tech as alien, i don't want camo when we have 3 hive but at start when it's actually useful, and i personally love shade hive as alien because of 3 things, 1. camouflage 2. silence 3. decoy alien if i'm commander, and i'm so bored to 6min onos plant tactic.

now call me an ###### but this is only way i get to play as shade alien, sorry for everyone who's game i have "ruined" because in no way shadehive means loss....<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I would love to show you just how useless camo really is. And yea against any decent marine team, you're going to lose if you get shade first.
  • frmehefrmehe Join Date: 2012-07-08 Member: 153980Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2017184:date=Nov 9 2012, 10:24 AM:name=guitarxe)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (guitarxe @ Nov 9 2012, 10:24 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017184"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This reminds me so much of smacktards back in the BF days.

Smacktard: Why do people hate me? I just take the B17 to get to the nearest flag and then jump out and let it crash.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    battlefield 3 : take jets drop onto top of a building, jet crashs, your base get overrun by the other two jets...
  • JuomariJuomari Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167141Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2017186:date=Nov 9 2012, 09:26 AM:name=Davil)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Davil @ Nov 9 2012, 09:26 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017186"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I would love to show you just how useless camo really is. And yea against any decent marine team, you're going to lose if you get shade first.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

luckyly i'm talking about what's fun, not what is best, and for me camo = fun, until i get beaten in everygame 24/7 where i have camo at beginning i start to see your point because then it stops being fun, and nontheless, you can't argue that silence is bad upgrade, it's very useful.

and since when celerity or carapace has been factor that makes aliens lose whatever or not have one ? because the way i see it, if aliens suck they suck whatever upgrade they have, if they're any good then they have chance to win whatever upgrade they have, for skulk carapace is in no way neccesary to have because of 2 things 1. skulk get oneshotted by shotgun whatever you have cara or not 2. if they have lmg carapace helps you to take 2 hits more, 2 hits ONLY, to me having celerity and silence is a lot more useful for skulk.

now for onos on the otherhand carapace is a lot more useful, but then again, onos 6min tactic should already be banned.
  • baphometsayshibaphometsayshi Join Date: 2011-06-20 Member: 105543Members
    You know I kind of want to call you a ###### for doing that but if anything what you're doing will highlight how terrible shade is early game for some things (e.g. getting passively revealed by obs, cloak shimmer in dark areas, etc). Maybe, if more people see this and complain about it, it will get fixed?

Still, a ###### way to go about it IMO.
  • SjNSjN Join Date: 2003-01-07 Member: 11983Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Do you really have to ask if you're a bad person? Are you in denial and you need confirmation? Yes you're a bad person. Consider playing NS2 Combat mod. You can be selfish there as much as you like.
  • ShrimmShrimm Join Date: 2012-10-05 Member: 161652Members
    edited November 2012
    <!--coloro:orange--><span style="color:orange"><!--/coloro-->Be nice.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> You deserve to be permabanned from all servers. It is the one of the highest of ###### moves you can do to your team as alien.
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2017216:date=Nov 9 2012, 09:46 AM:name=baphometsayshi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (baphometsayshi @ Nov 9 2012, 09:46 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017216"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You know I kind of want to call you a ###### for doing that but if anything what you're doing will highlight how terrible shade is early game for some things (e.g. getting passively revealed by obs, cloak shimmer in dark areas, etc). Maybe, if more people see this and complain about it, it will get fixed?

Still, a ###### way to go about it IMO.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

yeah, you're saying it, can i really be blamed ? is it my fault that game company made tactic i like to use useless that makes rest of my teammates flame me for doing something as awful as going shadehive first ? Why it should make any different do i go for shade or shift ? shouldn't they be balanced ?

i know i'm an ###### for doing this, but really, is it my fault?, and for the record i will command that rest of the game if no one will take my place, i will eventually drop hives and more rt's etc, and as stupid as it sounds, i'm all in for teamplay, i like to move around with other players and kill enemies as group.

so, am i bad person for doing this ? to actually do something terrible and awful as dropping shadehive first without asking because no one ever goes for it ?
  • HessianHessian Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72592Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2017173:date=Nov 9 2012, 01:19 PM:name=Juomari)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juomari @ Nov 9 2012, 01:19 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017173"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->When i go to alien in starting game, i like to jump in as commander, build insta shadehive and camo upgrade and 1 rt for the team and then logout and ask if anyone else wants to com.

now call me an ###### but this is only way i get to play as shade alien, sorry for everyone who's game i have "ruined" because in no way shadehive means loss....<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I am pretty sure I hate you, and hate the bands you like.

Camo is never useful, because observatory is up by 3-4 minutes. Silence is only useful when combined with the mobility from celerity. The real problem is that skulks have to be able to survive a shotgun blast and they can't do that without carapace/superior mobility. Basically, you ruin games and I hope the worst happens to you.
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2017242:date=Nov 9 2012, 10:06 AM:name=Hessian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hessian @ Nov 9 2012, 10:06 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017242"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The real problem is that skulks have to be able to survive a shotgun blast and they can't do that without carapace/superior mobility. Basically, you ruin games and I hope the worst happens to you.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

yeah.... problem is, that they won't survive shotgun blast with carapace.

mayby the real question is, shouldn't they fix shade hive when it creates so much hate if someone even thinks about going for shadehive ? not to mention someone is forced to do something as low as i'm doing in order to get shade ups.
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2017246:date=Nov 9 2012, 02:08 PM:name=Juomari)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juomari @ Nov 9 2012, 02:08 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017246"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->yeah.... problem is, that they won't survive shotgun blast with carapace.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Need weapons 2 for the one shot which takes more then 3 minutes for them to get up. (SHOTGUNS ARE ABSOLUTE BULL###### BTW.)

So you get more out of a early carapace/celerity then you will out of camo.
  • VoodooHexVoodooHex Join Date: 2012-06-14 Member: 153264Members
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2017242:date=Nov 9 2012, 10:06 AM:name=Hessian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hessian @ Nov 9 2012, 10:06 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017242"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I am pretty sure I hate you, and hate the bands you like.

Camo is never useful, because observatory is up by 3-4 minutes. Silence is only useful when combined with the mobility from celerity. The real problem is that skulks have to be able to survive a shotgun blast and they can't do that without carapace/superior mobility. Basically, you ruin games and I hope the worst happens to you.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Really? You're wishing death on someone over a video game? Society is so fooked. If not death than insert something you think is worse.
  • TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
    > Jumps in to rob his commander of choice
    > Chooses the weakest tech path possible for his team every game
    > Jumps out so he doesn't have to clean up after his own mess
    > Asks if he's a bad person.

I don't know, OP, but you are definitely a bad player.
  • SpaceJewSpaceJew Join Date: 2012-09-03 Member: 157584Members
    Dude, don't feed the troll.
  • NikolaiLevNikolaiLev Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165658Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2017230:date=Nov 9 2012, 11:51 AM:name=Juomari)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juomari @ Nov 9 2012, 11:51 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017230"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->yeah, you're saying it, can i really be blamed ? is it my fault that game company made tactic i like to use useless that makes rest of my teammates flame me for doing something as awful as going shadehive first ? Why it should make any different do i go for shade or shift ? shouldn't they be balanced ?

i know i'm an ###### for doing this, but really, is it my fault?, and for the record i will command that rest of the game if no one will take my place, i will eventually drop hives and more rt's etc, and as stupid as it sounds, i'm all in for teamplay, i like to move around with other players and kill enemies as group.

so, am i bad person for doing this ? to actually do something terrible and awful as dropping shadehive first without asking because no one ever goes for it ?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes.

Are you a bad person for going shade first? No, not if you think you can make it work. The part that makes you bad is doing it simply because you want to abandon command and leave someone else with a misbegotten strategy.

If you want to see Shades, either suggest it politely or maintain your command.
    <!--quoteo(post=2017250:date=Nov 9 2012, 02:10 PM:name=VoodooHex)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (VoodooHex @ Nov 9 2012, 02:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017250"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Really? You're wishing death on someone over a video game? Society is so fooked.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yep. Deal with it. I also steal candy from babies and use every loophole I can to avoid paying taxes with the only intent of bankrupting my government. Someday, someday I will have my giant freaking laser that I can blow up the moon with in order to stop our tidal flows and irreparably damage our environment.
  • SuperflySuperfly Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3485Members, Constellation
    This kind of stuff would happen in NS1. It was always an instant ban from my servers. In a game that is won or lost on team-play and organization I don't waste time with people who are only interested in serving themselves.

This reminds me of the sore losers who always thought it was funny to switch from aliens to marines and recycle the IP's. They also got an instant ban.
  • Draco HoustonDraco Houston Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167145Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2017204:date=Nov 10 2012, 03:38 AM:name=Juomari)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juomari @ Nov 10 2012, 03:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017204"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->luckyly i'm talking about what's fun, not what is best, and for me camo = fun<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You know what is really fun? Winning.
    <!--quoteo(post=2017266:date=Nov 9 2012, 02:18 PM:name=Draco Houston)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Draco Houston @ Nov 9 2012, 02:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017266"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You know what is really fun? Winning.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well. Aliens don't win unless they early onos drop, sooooooo. I guess the real answer is, you want fun? Play mahreen.
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2017256:date=Nov 9 2012, 10:14 AM:name=NikolaiLev)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NikolaiLev @ Nov 9 2012, 10:14 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017256"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yes.

Are you a bad person for going shade first? No, not if you think you can make it work. The part that makes you bad is doing it simply because you want to abandon command and leave someone else with a misbegotten strategy.

If you want to see Shades, either suggest it politely or maintain your command.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

and how do you think suggesting works ? i tried it, it won't work, atleast not for me, i'm forced to do decision, do i want to be an ###### so i can sometimes play the way i like, or get stuck on the same old tactic that aliens use 99% of the game.

there's really not much choice, either go for shift hive or get flamed, that's the way it is as you can clearly see in this topic.

I bet i wouldn't have gotten flamed if i said in this topic :

i like to go alien commander and drop insta hive and 3rt's to wait onos egg and ask IF someone else wants to com during waiting that onos egg resources.

i bet everyone would cheer to me that i'm doing so well.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2017248:date=Nov 9 2012, 06:09 PM:name=Hessian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hessian @ Nov 9 2012, 06:09 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017248"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Need weapons 2 for the one shot which takes more then 3 minutes for them to get up. (SHOTGUNS ARE ABSOLUTE BULL###### BTW.)

So you get more out of a early carapace/celerity then you will out of camo.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Not sure which way this remark goes. Shotguns are bad or too good? I mean I for one have a blast popping Skulks left and right once I get my precious one shot kill devastator up to the point where I feel bad sometimes (in an evil way :P)
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2017282:date=Nov 9 2012, 02:30 PM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Nov 9 2012, 02:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017282"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not sure which way this remark goes. Shotguns are bad or too good? I mean I for one have a blast popping Skulks left and right once I get my precious one shot kill devastator up to the point where I feel bad sometimes (in an evil way :P)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    They are ridiculously powerful for 20 res. They are the "counter" to everything but lerk(assuming the lerk isn't stupid enough to actually try to use it's bite or poison spores. Yeah buddy, cling to that wall on the other side of the room and do your impression of a sentry gun, cause anything else is just going to waste your 30 res), IF you manage to kill someone with one his buddy can pick it up saving the res(Heck, if you spawn nearby or have phase portals you can just go get it yourself), and while you have to be fairly close to get them one/two shots you can still do decent damage to things at range... Add in a jetpack and weapon/armor three and you have the ultimate warrior for 30 res!

Aliens need a 20 res life form that can one shot marines and two shot exos. Seems balanced to me.
    EDIT: Wait... only two shot single MG exos, dual exos should require three bases and be the only viable unit past 3-4 minute mark.
  • greenpeegreenpee Join Date: 2012-04-10 Member: 150218Members
    I have absolutely no problem with you picking Shade hive first. With all the new players around, this strategy CAN work. But the thing I have a major problem with is (as someone who plays ~80% of his games as commander) that you're picking the weakest tech tree and bailing out as commander. If you want to deviate that far, then at least finish the game out and take the licks if/when your team craps itself. I've made Shade tech work as the first hive when my team is close spawns and running rampant over the other team, just for giggles. I also made sure to get the other two hives up asap because Shade offers nothing against tier 3 marines.
  • MakenshiMakenshi Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164681Members
    edited November 2012
    This is one dumb thread. Begging the question leading to your real point is rarely the right way to go about it because you have already colored people's judgment.

You are a bad person for using the comm to your personal gain. This game is about teamwork. Either stick to the comm the whole way through or find a buddy who's willing to comm and research shade first. It doesn't matter how you sugarcoat it; the fact of the matter is that you spent almost all of the initial tres on things that the next comm (assuming if another person takes it afterwards) might or might not need.

Lesson of the day, next time you ask a rhetorical question, irregardless of the reasoning, don't be surprised when you fail to sway the audiences' answers.
    <!--quoteo(post=2017299:date=Nov 9 2012, 10:41 AM:name=greenpee)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (greenpee @ Nov 9 2012, 10:41 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017299"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I have absolutely no problem with you picking Shade hive first. With all the new players around, this strategy CAN work. But the thing I have a major problem with is (as someone who plays ~80% of his games as commander) that you're picking the weakest tech tree and bailing out as commander. If you want to deviate that far, then at least finish the game out and take the licks if/when your team craps itself. I've made Shade tech work as the first hive when my team is close spawns and running rampant over the other team, just for giggles. I also made sure to get the other two hives up asap because Shade offers nothing against tier 3 marines.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

yeah, you are ofcourse right, no question about that and i do command with shadehive till the end most of the times.

However, the reason i want shade hive is not to give it for my team but it's because i like it personally, so if i was commanding the whole game i might as well go for shift hive for better results.

but on the other hand.... if shadehive was actually useful i wouldn't have to be an ###### now would i ?
  • maD maXmaD maX Join Date: 2010-01-28 Member: 70347Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2017250:date=Nov 9 2012, 06:10 PM:name=VoodooHex)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (VoodooHex @ Nov 9 2012, 06:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017250"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Really? You're wishing death on someone over a video game? Society is so fooked. If not death than insert something you think is worse.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Worse then death? Complete paralysis, with the sensation of an itch on your nose. And yes anyone who claims that their "fun" supersedes that of 5-7 team mates should a) not play team based game b) be banned from any server that is not designated as a beginner server. And c) enjoy a life alone, never understanding why no one loves self centered asses....

Ps. To those who would point out that plenty of women are damaged and go for the "bad boy" this fact is negated by being a gamer.
  • PlunkiesPlunkies Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165217Members
    You're not a bad person. Not as long as I'm playing marine in those games.