am i bad person ?

Comments

• Evil_SheepEvil_Sheep Join Date: 2005-03-15 Member: 45345Members
    Reading this thread and its responses is f'ing hilarious...
  • PsympleJesterPsympleJester Join Date: 2008-04-06 Member: 64024Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2017173:date=Nov 9 2012, 05:19 PM:name=Juomari)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juomari @ Nov 9 2012, 05:19 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017173"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->When i go to alien in starting game, i like to jump in as commander, build insta shadehive and camo upgrade and 1 rt for the team and then logout and ask if anyone else wants to com.

reason why i do this is because that's the only way i can play with shade tech as alien, i don't want camo when we have 3 hive but at start when it's actually useful, and i personally love shade hive as alien because of 3 things, 1. camouflage 2. silence 3. decoy alien if i'm commander, and i'm so bored to 6min onos plant tactic.

now call me an ###### but this is only way i get to play as shade alien, sorry for everyone who's game i have "ruined" because in no way shadehive means loss....<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You are a #### for taking chair then getting out, shade isnt "that" bad on "certain" maps and with a team that "listen" but dropping what you want then asking someone else to save your mess is a horrible thing to do and you should feel bad.

<!--quoteo(post=2017186:date=Nov 9 2012, 05:26 PM:name=Davil)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Davil @ Nov 9 2012, 05:26 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017186"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I would love to show you just how useless camo really is. And yea against any decent marine team, you're going to lose if you get shade first.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Actually we have used shade in a few gathers and it works quite well on certain maps.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    I cant tell if the OP is being serious or not. It's clearly being selfish and not being a team player. I would suggest you either learn to comm all the way through if you get in the chair, or don't get in and choose a tech path you prefer and get out. You immediately put your team at a disadvantage for your own personal gain.
  • JuomariJuomari Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167141Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2017342:date=Nov 9 2012, 11:05 AM:name=Obraxis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Obraxis @ Nov 9 2012, 11:05 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017342"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I cant tell if the OP is being serious or not. It's clearly being selfish and not being a team player. I would suggest you either learn to comm all the way through if you get in the chair, or don't get in and choose a tech path you prefer and get out. You immediately put your team at a disadvantage for your own personal gain.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not something i want to do or i'm proud of, but it's the only way playing as shadehive alien :)

that's the way it is in this game, get shift or get flamed there is your options.
  • DJPenguinDJPenguin Useless Join Date: 2003-07-29 Member: 18538Members
    i don't get my team the camo upgrade even if I'm sitting on hundreds of res, let alone even think of getting it first thing.
  • MakenshiMakenshi Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164681Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2017354:date=Nov 9 2012, 02:19 PM:name=Juomari)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juomari @ Nov 9 2012, 02:19 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017354"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not something i want to do or i'm proud of, but it's the only way playing as shadehive alien :)

that's the way it is in this game, get shift or get flamed there is your options.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I've seen PLENTY of comm go shade first and never saw anyone get flamed for it. If you did, serves you right for being a selfish ######.
    Like I said in the last post, find a buddy that'll comm or ###### off the comm chair.
  • GorgenapperGorgenapper Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157916Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2017173:date=Nov 9 2012, 12:19 PM:name=Juomari)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juomari @ Nov 9 2012, 12:19 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017173"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->When i go to alien in starting game, i like to jump in as commander, build insta shadehive and camo upgrade and 1 rt for the team and then logout and ask if anyone else wants to com.

reason why i do this is because that's the only way i can play with shade tech as alien, i don't want camo when we have 3 hive but at start when it's actually useful, and i personally love shade hive as alien because of 3 things, 1. camouflage 2. silence 3. decoy alien if i'm commander, and i'm so bored to 6min onos plant tactic.

now call me an ###### but this is only way i get to play as shade alien, sorry for everyone who's game i have "ruined" because in no way shadehive means loss....<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

.... really?

Sounds like the people in NS1 who gorge and immediately drop an SC without consulting the rest of the team. It got so bad that a PLUGIN had to be written to allow a team to vote on a chamber.
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2017360:date=Nov 9 2012, 11:23 AM:name=DJPenguin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DJPenguin @ Nov 9 2012, 11:23 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017360"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i don't get my team the camo upgrade even if I'm sitting on hundreds of res, let alone even think of getting it first thing.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

this is why i created this topic and why i do the way i do :) appearently so many other thinks the sameway, because in last 10-15 alien games i played always it has been celerity first, carapace second.

i don't mind playing other hives most of the time, it's because no one <u>ever</u> uses shade. Or it could be that i've been unlucky.
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2017354:date=Nov 9 2012, 02:19 PM:name=Juomari)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juomari @ Nov 9 2012, 02:19 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017354"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not something i want to do or i'm proud of, but it's the only way playing as shadehive alien :)

that's the way it is in this game, get shift or get flamed there is your options.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If you were on my server I would ban you in a heartbeat. It's a team game and you have to balance your own wishes against those of your team. If you want a Shade hive, just ask at the start and often the commander will be happy to do something different. If you ask and they don't want to do it, well then it's wrong for you to selfishly hijack the tech path your team's real commander has chosen. Comm is a full time job and screwing around with it at the start messes up the game for everybody.
  • NolSinklerNolSinkler On the Clorf Join Date: 2004-02-15 Member: 26560Members, Constellation
    Don't listen to them. This doesn't mean you're a <i>bad person</i>. You might be acting selfishly though. That might be a bad thing. But doing something bad does not make you a bad person. Everybody does bad things.
  • BocheezuBocheezu Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165436Members
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2017204:date=Nov 9 2012, 09:38 AM:name=Juomari)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juomari @ Nov 9 2012, 09:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017204"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->and since when celerity or carapace has been factor that makes aliens lose whatever or not have one ?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

For me, it's not about celerity or carapace. It's about the shift building itself. Being able to put an IP anywhere you have infestation is very useful and contributes significantly to early map domination -- holding doubles, energy regen for building a new hive, etc. It's a dream building from a purely RTS perspective.

Also, comming first thing and then bailing is lame. I had a game a couple days ago where a comm tried a quick hive way on the other side of the map from where we started (just to see if he could get away with it) and right as he dropped it, 3 marines walked in. We had no one on that half of the map at all. It got killed right away; 40 tres at the very beginning of the game just completely down the toilet. Comm logged out of the game entirely and I was the guy left over to pick up the pieces. We were living on 2 harvesters the entire game and the marines decided to ###### around for half an hour before coming in with 7 exos and 3 welders. I should have just told everybody to F4.
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2017377:date=Nov 9 2012, 11:45 AM:name=Zek)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zek @ Nov 9 2012, 11:45 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017377"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Comm is a full time job and screwing around with it at the start messes up the game for everybody.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

actually i have to disagree on this one, i agree on the rest of what you said but alien commander is not a timeconsuming job as marines are, team can easily be without commander for 2-3minutes and it won't do any harm to the team, resources are saved and you can get upgrades and / or onos egg.

actually most of the time when i play alien comm i find my self hopping out, chewing enemy rt and then going back to com and i have just enough resources to do what i planned.

can't understand ppl who panic's the second there is no com.
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2017384:date=Nov 9 2012, 02:51 PM:name=Juomari)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juomari @ Nov 9 2012, 02:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017384"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->actually i have to disagree on this one, i agree on the rest of what you said but alien commander is not a timeconsuming job as marines are, team can easily be without commander for 2-3minutes and it won't do any harm to the team, resources are saved and you can get upgrades and / or onos egg.

actually most of the time when i play alien comm i find my self hopping out, chewing enemy rt and then going back to com and i have just enough resources to do what i planned.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You're still the commander when you're doing that though. How would you feel if someone else got in and undid everything you were working on before you jumped out?
  • AngeluszAngelusz Harmonic entropist Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18072Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    No, it doesn't make you a bad person. To all those that feel like going completely ape###### over this thread, think twice - it <b>is</b> just a game. (even though it's the most epic game ever, duh...)

Now, perhaps a good idea would be to get a steady group of people to play with. They're more likely not to mind if you use different tactics. Like someone else suggested, a buddy commander perhaps?

UWE wants all chambers to be equally viable. They'll keep working on getting them balanced. You'll have to wait for that day to come if you want to see your 'tactic' go mainstream.
  • Soylent_greenSoylent_green Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11220Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    If you want to go comm and try to make shade-first work, fine, I'll stick it out.

If you're going comm and dropping some ###### for your own enjoyment and then getting out of the chair and playing as if nothing happened, I simply F4 or leave the server. If I was admin I'd ban you. If I could delete NS2 from your steam account I would. Hell, I don't want you in ANY game I play.

Simply ###### off you evil ######.
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    Juomari, yes it does.

For starters, if you could always *ask* your team what the preferred upgrade is, maybe then you'd learn something other than how badly shade if countered by Marines.

There is no such thing as 'just a game' lusz, this is our one and possibly only life. Unless there is WiFi in heaven, this game == your life. Every second of it.

I feel sorry for your parents, all the effort into raising you and you spend your life thinking things are 'just a game.'
  • Soylent_greenSoylent_green Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11220Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2017388:date=Nov 9 2012, 02:54 PM:name=Angelusz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Angelusz @ Nov 9 2012, 02:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017388"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->To all those that feel like going completely ape###### over this thread, think twice - it <b>is</b> just a game.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Bollox. It's my spare time, and there's not a lot of it. I play games because I want to have fun, not because I want to babysit someones kids or deal with malicious SOBs like the op. That's what server ops are for, to ban ###### like the OP so the rest of us can have a good time.
    <!--quoteo(post=2017408:date=Nov 9 2012, 12:05 PM:name=Soylent_green)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Soylent_green @ Nov 9 2012, 12:05 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017408"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That's what server ops are for, to ban ###### like the OP so the rest of us can have a good time.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

are you jay wilson in disguise ? because you sure sound like one, calling shots what is fun and what's not.

if you only find games you win fun, i pity you :)
  • {GGs} Chicken{GGs} Chicken Join Date: 2011-11-22 Member: 134663Members, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=2017438:date=Nov 9 2012, 01:27 PM:name=Juomari)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juomari @ Nov 9 2012, 01:27 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017438"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->are you jay wilson in disguise ? because you sure sound like one, calling shots what is fun and what's not.

if you only find games you win fun, i pity you :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If you have to frustrate your entire team so only you can have fun, I pity you
  • maD maXmaD maX Join Date: 2010-01-28 Member: 70347Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2017388:date=Nov 9 2012, 07:54 PM:name=Angelusz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Angelusz @ Nov 9 2012, 07:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017388"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->No, it doesn't make you a bad person. To all those that feel like going completely ape###### over this thread, think twice - it <b>is</b> just a game. (even though it's the most epic game ever, duh...)

Now, perhaps a good idea would be to get a steady group of people to play with. They're more likely not to mind if you use different tactics. Like someone else suggested, a buddy commander perhaps?

UWE wants all chambers to be equally viable. They'll keep working on getting them balanced. You'll have to wait for that day to come if you want to see your 'tactic' go mainstream.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Dont coddle the guy, clearly based on his in game tactics, and the fact that he made this topic his only real goal is to troll, and disrupt the enjoyment of others, hes already admitted that he is being selfish and in both game and forum he is intentionally antagonizing people to get attetion....
    on that note a moderator such as yourself could go a long way by simply closing this thread rather then encourge his poor behaivior
  • PsympleJesterPsympleJester Join Date: 2008-04-06 Member: 64024Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2017446:date=Nov 9 2012, 08:31 PM:name={GGs} Chicken)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ({GGs} Chicken @ Nov 9 2012, 08:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017446"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If you have to frustrate your entire team so only you can have fun, I pity you<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What do they say?

"People who crave attention so much they will settle for being loathed."
  • WarmongerWarmonger Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13126Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=2017399:date=Nov 9 2012, 04:00 PM:name=Soylent_green)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Soylent_green @ Nov 9 2012, 04:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017399"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If you want to go comm and try to make shade-first work, fine, I'll stick it out.

If you're going comm and dropping some ###### for your own enjoyment and then getting out of the chair and playing as if nothing happened, I simply F4 or leave the server.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Same here. I'm willing to try sticking it out with any chamber first just for some variety. If you jump out as commander and expect someone else to clean up your mess then I'm F4'ing and finding another server, and sooner or later you will be banned for doing that. If you jump out and let the team know that you're only getting out temporarily to help out the team, I'm cool with that.

The best thing to do as Khamm is take a poll and see what chamber everyone wants first, or at least ask if it's okay to try something different.
  • hatehate Join Date: 2011-07-19 Member: 111206Members
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2017261:date=Nov 9 2012, 10:16 AM:name=Hessian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hessian @ Nov 9 2012, 10:16 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017261"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yep. Deal with it. I also steal candy from babies and use every loophole I can to avoid paying taxes with the only intent of bankrupting my government. Someday, someday I will have my giant freaking laser that I can blow up the moon with in order to stop our tidal flows and irreparably damage our environment.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I like this guy.

OP is a d-bag, but that's ok. He'll just get banned from all the good servers eventually.
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2017446:date=Nov 9 2012, 12:31 PM:name={GGs} Chicken)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ({GGs} Chicken @ Nov 9 2012, 12:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017446"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If you have to frustrate your entire team so only you can have fun, I pity you<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

actually my goal is not to frustrate anyone, simply having fun and why wouldn't people have fun with shadehive ?

oh, that's right, because everyone wants to go strict line : shift -> crag -> shade, you better not chance that order because that equals = fun.

mathematic fact :)

and like i said in my original post and some other post, that i will ask politely if anyone wants to com. If they don't i will, care to read ? ofc not.
  • tk-421tk-421 Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58315Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I have no idea if something as selfish as this reflects who you are as a person IRL.

But you can be assured you'd certainly be banned from our clan's servers for pulling a stunt like that...
  • Mr.GreedyMr.Greedy Join Date: 2012-07-21 Member: 154270Members
    edited November 2012
    :/

Juomari, are you listening <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pRqNNdsQ_4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pRqNNdsQ_4</a> while playing NS2? Maybe it is corrupting you.
  • hatehate Join Date: 2011-07-19 Member: 111206Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2017699:date=Nov 9 2012, 04:13 PM:name=Juomari)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juomari @ Nov 9 2012, 04:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017699"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->actually my goal is not to frustrate anyone, simply having fun and why wouldn't people have fun with shadehive ?

oh, that's right, because everyone wants to go strict line : shift -> crag -> shade, you better not chance that order because that equals = fun.

mathematic fact :)

and like i said in my original post and some other post, that i will ask politely if anyone wants to com. If they don't i will, care to read ? ofc not.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Are you effing kidding me? OP clearly has sadomasochistic tendencies if he thinks inflicting the rest of his team with an early shade hive is fun. An early shade hive isn't fun for anyone because no matter what, it's the worst choice you can make. An early shade hive not worth it. The only benefit I could see it giving is maybe concealing where you're dropping your second hive, but any smart marine is going to check for that anyways.
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2017720:date=Nov 9 2012, 04:35 PM:name=hate)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hate @ Nov 9 2012, 04:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2017720"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Are you effing kidding me? OP clearly has sadomasochistic tendencies if he thinks inflicting the rest of his team with an early shade hive is fun. An early shade hive isn't fun for anyone because no matter what, it's the worst choice you can make. An early shade hive not worth it. The only benefit I could see it giving is maybe concealing where you're dropping your second hive, but any smart marine is going to check for that anyways.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

and there we go again, people saying shade is bad, so bad that you gotta flame and hate anyone who even thinks about going for it.

i think it's pretty funny tho, "oh my god, he just went shadehive we loooooseee".

i also think something has to be fixed here :) i sure hope devs are reading this topic as it clearly shows how much hate it makes to even think about going for shade.

nontheless, i think shade hive is still fun.
  • endarendar Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73256Members, Squad Five Blue
    I initially thought you were trolling, but (without reading the whole thread) I think you are legitimately trying to bring up discussion about the issues.

First, thank you for apologizing about what you are doing, I don't think I've experienced it.

Yes, you are a bad person, you are going about change the wrong way.

And if I saw you doing this, I'm quite confident you would be banned very quickly.
  • SampsonSampson Join Date: 2012-01-06 Member: 139769Members
    I think this is just a troll way of saying shade hive isn't strong enough for a first hive. He started to mention it later and continued to. If, in fact, he actually does do these things, then he is a bad person. And I think some water-boarding might need to be done. (someone else threatened his life, plz)