Commander Hotkeys?

x_The_Fox_xx_The_Fox_x Join Date: 2005-01-14 Member: 35393Members
I've been searching for awhile now, and I've yet to find a a good guide/breakdown of <i>more advanced</i> commander hotkeys!

The <!--coloro:#00FF00--><span style="color:#00FF00"><!--/coloro-->qwer,asdf,zxcv<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> is rather obvious, but I recall in NS1 being able to make squads, jump to marine's requesting items, and jump to comm chair.

It really helped when I could hotkey players, tell them where to go, quick-jump to a marine in trouble to spam medpacks, then hotkey select the obs for a scan. Any help for a returning player trying to get up to speed, or just a refresher for a fuzzy memory would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• terrorizerterrorizer Join Date: 2009-08-05 Member: 68359Members
    edited November 2012
    <b>Ctrl+1,2,3,4,5</b> - to bind structure, marine, mac, etc. to a hotkey
    <b>Space</b>- go to latest player request
  • lolwowlolwow Join Date: 2012-10-06 Member: 161681Members
    I wonder if there's a hotkey to activate that attention ping you can do
  • x_The_Fox_xx_The_Fox_x Join Date: 2005-01-14 Member: 35393Members
    Thanks terrorizer! Is there a "select all marines" command? Also, if you press 1-5 will it jump to that marine/structure, or just select it?

lolwow: perhaps middle clicking, like you can do in first person?

I guess I can answer these questions myself with experimentation tonight, I'll post findings if someone doesn't reply first.
  • godriflegodrifle Join Date: 2006-12-01 Member: 58815Members
    You can't really hotkey marines. As soon as they die, they are unbound. So there's no way to set up effective teams without proper communication/waypointing.
  • Highlander92Highlander92 Join Date: 2012-10-13 Member: 162257Members
    I actually dont find hotkeys necessary at all for this game. I use them now and then for med packs and ammo. Thats about it. Its not like SC where you are doing so many things at once, not sure why people have trouble commanding either..anyone who has played SC a lot will pick this up in 2 seconds. I know because im one of them :P
  • x_The_Fox_xx_The_Fox_x Join Date: 2005-01-14 Member: 35393Members
    It's not about the "ability" to command, its about taking it to the next level. I comm'd a lot in NS1, and hotkeys were beyond useful when competing with hardcore players. Scrolling and excessive screen clicks can be a hindrance.
  • terrorizerterrorizer Join Date: 2009-08-05 Member: 68359Members
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2011434:date=Nov 5 2012, 06:47 PM:name=Highlander92)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Highlander92 @ Nov 5 2012, 06:47 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2011434"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I actually dont find hotkeys necessary at all for this game. I use them now and then for med packs and ammo. Thats about it. Its not like SC where you are doing so many things at once, not sure why people have trouble commanding either..anyone who has played SC a lot will pick this up in 2 seconds. I know because im one of them :P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Do not agree. Binding Observatory to a hotkey is very useful for immediately scan/beacon. And binding robotics to a hotkey is also useful for fast MAC/ARC order and waypoint change. Another structure binds i find not so useful, but i bind Arms Lab And armory too, for fast upgrade check.
    Cant say anything about alien commanding, i dont play them much.