Bots

GertjanGertjan Join Date: 2011-08-30 Member: 119151Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Bots</div>Are there any bots for ns2?

I've seen them on this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxR0Rtnwzx0)

I found this too but that's chinese for me (http://damien.kodingen.com/ns2docs/source/ns2-lua-Bot.lua.html)

tried addbot etc, some console commands and stuff...

TY

Comments

• GertjanGertjan Join Date: 2011-08-30 Member: 119151Members
    nvm got it , enable cheats and addbot ...
  • leonff7leonff7 Join Date: 2011-10-28 Member: 129916Members
    Just wondering, how good are the bots? Can they command now?
    Hopefully, not like good'ol RCs :P
  • ZeikkoZeikko Join Date: 2007-12-16 Member: 63179Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    edited November 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1884250:date=Nov 8 2011, 06:59 PM:name=leonff7)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (leonff7 @ Nov 8 2011, 06:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1884250"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Just wondering, how good are the bots? Can they command now?
    Hopefully, not like good'ol RCs :P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Command? Bots?
    They can't even more around the map independently.
    They can shoot (sometimes) and they obey your move orders but that's pretty much about it.
    They're useful when testing mods and i guess in development too but add nothing to the game for players.
  • QuovatisQuovatis Team Inversion Join Date: 2010-01-26 Member: 70321Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    hehe The bots are pretty worthless. The spawn, then just run into a wall constantly. But if you get near an enemy alien bot, they will attack. They are good for testing purposes, but that's about it.
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    The bots are just there for us to test. The hooks are all there to make bots that actually play, so perhaps we'll see some from a talented community member.
    Well, deciding to go for a beta now.
    Just thinking it would be nice to have something that even with only 2 or 3 players, they still can enjoy strategy side of the NS world.
    Or a marine team practice defense/assault setting against alien, vice versa.
    <!--quoteo(post=1884255:date=Nov 8 2011, 01:32 PM:name=Max)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Max @ Nov 8 2011, 01:32 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1884255"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The bots are just there for us to test. The hooks are all there to make bots that actually play, so perhaps we'll see some from a talented community member.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That sounds pretty nice and promising, thanks a lot for a great game to be.
  • KurrineKurrine Join Date: 2010-07-03 Member: 72235Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1884255:date=Nov 8 2011, 10:32 AM:name=Max)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Max @ Nov 8 2011, 10:32 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1884255"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The bots are just there for us to test. The hooks are all there to make bots that actually play, so perhaps we'll see some from a talented community member.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--coloro:#aadd00--><span style="color:#aadd00"><!--/coloro--> Quick! Someone talented come to the rescue!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • ZycaRZycaR Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8263Members
    can anyone look at this ?
    - just test if it works for him (on another machine not only on mine)
    - or look at code, if I don't miss something (or use something what is forbidden :) )

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=115405" target="_blank">GorgeBot</a>
  • bonoryebonorye Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7998Members
    Don't mean to necro-post, but after getting NS2, I'm really looking forward to seeing if there is anyone working on waypointing now for this? Thanks.
  • GuspazGuspaz Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2862Members, Constellation
    There was some active development on bots not too long ago, where Flayra basically said they want the community to do up some bots (because UWE didn't have the bandwidth), and if they got something good they'd include it in the game itself (and presumably pay for it). However, there were some big changes that broke the in-development bots, and so they all got put on hold until the game stabilized.

Presumably we'll see development pick up again now that the game is past 1.0.
  • bonoryebonorye Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7998Members
    Thanks Guspaz. Real happy to see the bots are at least coded in (server console "addbot") so I guess it's just a matter of waypointing. Lag is killing me online.