Combat Mode Relaunch

Comments

• Squirreli_Squirreli_ Join Date: 2012-04-25 Member: 151046Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2003312:date=Oct 31 2012, 11:09 PM:name=Rudy.cz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rudy.cz @ Oct 31 2012, 11:09 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2003312"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Do anybody have an idea which servers are running co_Core? Currently I can find only 2 combat servers and and they are always running CO/Summit or Pulse. Do you have any contact for servers operators or something? I really need to see it ingame :D<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I like co_Core most of all the combat maps, so whenever I'm on our combat server (Cold-blooded Gorges COMBAT MOD) I'm likely to make that map happen... You were on the server yesterday though so you might have noticed already ;)
  • Rudy.czRudy.cz Join Date: 2012-02-13 Member: 145410Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2004187:date=Nov 1 2012, 11:55 AM:name=Squirreli_)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squirreli_ @ Nov 1 2012, 11:55 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2004187"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I like co_Core most of all the combat maps, so whenever I'm on our combat server (Cold-blooded Gorges COMBAT MOD) I'm likely to make that map happen... You were on the server yesterday though so you might have noticed already ;)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, thanks alot! :) I will keep an eye on your server and keep playing on it frequently :)
  • JibrailJibrail Join Date: 2009-04-16 Member: 67200Members
    joined the SN combat server yesterday and played with Charlie! he really enjoyed the mod and the map, it was my first time with the latest version and I also really like what you have done so far good job!
  • JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    edited November 2012
    I think I could finally fix the Spawn bug!
    I'll upload it to github now, maybe Greeds can push it tomorrow to the workshop.
  • Mug CostanzaMug Costanza Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164799Members
    Hey guys,
    Ive done all the things that have been said in this thread and on the workshop page but there still aren't any combat servers in the list?
  • DestherDesther Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165195Members
    edited November 2012
    Good job on the mod, it's really good fun and the simple maps (co_faceoff) mean I get fantastic performance.

<!--quoteo(post=2005958:date=Nov 2 2012, 06:35 AM:name=Mug Costanza)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mug Costanza @ Nov 2 2012, 06:35 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2005958"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hey guys,
    Ive done all the things that have been said in this thread and on the workshop page but there still aren't any combat servers in the list?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I played on one last night. It's a UK/EU server and around 18 players, I forget the name of it. edit: You have to click the "Modified" button on the server browser and then you get a yellow message saying "community content", sort by map name so you can find the co_
  • Squirreli_Squirreli_ Join Date: 2012-04-25 Member: 151046Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2005958:date=Nov 2 2012, 09:35 AM:name=Mug Costanza)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mug Costanza @ Nov 2 2012, 09:35 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2005958"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hey guys,
    Ive done all the things that have been said in this thread and on the workshop page but there still aren't any combat servers in the list?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Our combat server "Cold-blooded Gorges COMBAT MOD" is up and running even now, and there are players on it. Just checked via remote desktop ;)

In server browser, make sure that ping and performance filters are not interfering, that "Filter modded" is not checked and the game filter field is either emtpy or says "combat". Also, clear map filter field. Should work. Server is located in Stockholm, Sweden, so northern EU server.
  • MagnetoMagneto Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75856Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2006151:date=Nov 2 2012, 10:15 AM:name=Squirreli_)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squirreli_ @ Nov 2 2012, 10:15 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2006151"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Our combat server "Cold-blooded Gorges COMBAT MOD" is up and running even now, and there are players on it. Just checked via remote desktop ;)

In server browser, make sure that ping and performance filters are not interfering, that "Filter modded" is not checked and the game filter field is either emtpy or says "combat". Also, clear map filter field. Should work. Server is located in Stockholm, Sweden, so northern EU server.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Great server, im making ns2_co_stargate public today, i did some testing with a friend last night and everything seems to be working, there's still some misaligned textures and detail needs work but it should be playable, as soon as we have working teleporters ill add an off world area which will have two points of entry/exit to make a loop around the map.

Would be great to see it in the map rotation if possible, it needs some proper play testing but i think it should be fun!
  • JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    Could now finally fix the fast-reload bug so fast-reload will be enabled in the next release, again.
    <!--quoteo(post=2006256:date=Nov 2 2012, 01:03 PM:name=Magneto)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Magneto @ Nov 2 2012, 01:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2006256"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Great server, im making ns2_co_stargate public today, i did some testing with a friend last night and everything seems to be working, there's still some misaligned textures and detail needs work but it should be playable, as soon as we have working teleporters ill add an off world area which will have two points of entry/exit to make a loop around the map.

Would be great to see it in the map rotation if possible, it needs some proper play testing but i think it should be fun!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I though you are using the teleporter entity that Jim West made??
    edited November 2012
    There is a bug where some of the alien team can not spawn and are forever waiting to spawn. This is highly evident on ns2_pulsecombat but also at least on ns2_co_core to some extent. On pulsecombat (full 18 slot server) as many as 4 of the aliens seem to not spawn at all. Possibly happens on other maps also, but these I'm sure of. Sometimes going to RR and back will fix this, but often times not. I would hazard a guess it has something to do with the spawn points in the maps as it seems to be made worse in different maps. but possible other reasons might be the spawn camping that is widespread in at least pulsecombat.

EDIT: And that burning onos... It is very very very annoying and doesn't add anything positive to the game. It will be gone soon, yes?
    edited November 2012
    This bug should be fixed after next workshop upload, the game sometimes forgot some spectators.
    <!--quoteo(post=2006524:date=Nov 2 2012, 02:41 PM:name=Jibrail)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jibrail @ Nov 2 2012, 02:41 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2006524"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I though you are using the teleporter entity that Jim West made??<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I will as soon as i have the off world area done, i've not started work on that yet but the map is now on the workshop.
    edited November 2012
    spawn bug will be fixed ( I think it is but needs testing )
    burning onos will be removed because its only a halloween special
    I think there is a bug with focus it didnt work for me when I played today.
    I just downloaded the mod from github to test the teleporters and they seem work quite good, though for some reason i get an error in the console which says "server : 14.735985 : error: teleporttrigger a destination not found" for both a and b, the number keeps getting larger so im guessing its just the time?

They also seem to work ok with aliens and the exo but i noticed you don't get the any phasegate effect like you do with marines, also i don't know if it was just chance but the burning onos appeared and seemed to use one to get across the test map quicker and attack the hive! :P

One other possible issue is if you stay in the teleporter after you appear you don't teleport back like with phasegates, you have to leave and enter again, i don't know if this is to prevent accidental teleport but a delay might be better as it's a bit weird to sit in the rings and not go anywhere.

If it's possible it might be nice to have a time interval setting for the transport rings, this way i could time it with the effect, which i think would be pretty cool, of course if it's too much trouble that's ok.
  • invTempestinvTempest Join Date: 2003-03-02 Member: 14223Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I setup a server for this mod and have all the different combat maps running on it - "NS2Servers.com Virginia #1 | Combat" is the server name for anyone who is interested.
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2008606:date=Nov 3 2012, 10:25 PM:name=invTempest)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (invTempest @ Nov 3 2012, 10:25 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2008606"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I setup a server for this mod and have all the different combat maps running on it - "NS2Servers.com Virginia #1 | Combat" is the server name for anyone who is interested.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Thanks Tempest! always happy to see more servers running combat, I would recommend that you restart it once a day to insure that you have the latest version of combat and the co maps as we tend to update often but this might change in the future once we release only big updates.
  • MCMLXXXIVMCMLXXXIV Join Date: 2010-04-14 Member: 71400Members
    edited November 2012
    We're just about ready to publish a new version of Combat, removing the Halloween Onos (server ops will still be able to get to him via a secret console command!) and including a whole host of bug fixes and enhancements. I wanted to publish it from where I am currently (I'm not at home today) but I'm having no luck, so I'll publish it either late tonight when I get in or early tomorrow morning.

I'll do a post outlining our next priorities once we've managed to get the newest version out the door! Have a nice weekend all!
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2007146:date=Nov 2 2012, 09:02 PM:name=Magneto)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Magneto @ Nov 2 2012, 09:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2007146"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I just downloaded the mod from github to test the teleporters and they seem work quite good, though for some reason i get an error in the console which says "server : 14.735985 : error: teleporttrigger a destination not found" for both a and b, the number keeps getting larger so im guessing its just the time?

If it's possible it might be nice to have a time interval setting for the transport rings, this way i could time it with the effect, which i think would be pretty cool, of course if it's too much trouble that's ok.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

OK the label waitDelay ist now included, so you can time it to your rings.
    That was a bug, should be fixed now.
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2009819:date=Nov 4 2012, 05:39 PM:name=JimWest)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JimWest @ Nov 4 2012, 05:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2009819"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->OK the label waitDelay ist now included, so you can time it to your rings.
    That was a bug, should be fixed now.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks, i've done some testing and it doesn't quite act how i was thinking unless im doing something wrong, is the delay based on when you step into the trigger?

If so im not sure how i will get that to sync up with the cinematic, is it possible to make the delay based on game time so that as soon as the map loads and the cinematic plays the teleport runs at same rate?

I do like the old style as well, i thought setting delay to zero would turn it off so it acts like it before but it went crazy teleporting me and i couldn't escape! :P

Edit: after a bit more testing it seems the old style is not needed, teleportation at 2 seconds appears to be instant anyway...
  • invTempestinvTempest Join Date: 2003-03-02 Member: 14223Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Just updated server to the new build and it is causing all sorts of hitching issues. Can really only play 1 round before it becomes a slide show.
    No errors in console - The tickrate stays at 30 but the animations and movement becomes hitchy very fast (10-15 minutes into a game).
    Mhm maybe somethings wrong with the fast reload and focus animtion thing, whats the ip of the server,
    can't find it in serverbrowser (browser is to slow)
    I took the server down but I will put it back up so you can take a look - type connect ns2s2.ns2servers.com in console to join.
    Took the server offline again as it quickly becomes unplayable.
  • Defcon2021Defcon2021 Join Date: 2007-11-07 Member: 62850Members
    edited November 2012
    Damn... someone finally put up a good 20 man west coast combat server only for the mod to bug out with this hitching problem. Who ever owns the "TEST Alliance Please Ignore" server, keep it around please!!
  • global688global688 Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166968Members
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2010429:date=Nov 4 2012, 04:46 PM:name=Defcon2021)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Defcon2021 @ Nov 4 2012, 04:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2010429"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Damn... someone finally put up a good 20 man west coast combat server only for the mod to bug out with this hitching problem. Who ever owns the "TEST Alliance Please Ignore" server, keep it around please!!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I run the TEST server. I'll keep it around as long as TEST members enjoy it.

Wondered why the whole server was lagging terribly.

Running 20+ players only uses about 1GB of ram and around 25% of two cores. Was working fine yesterday and this morning.

Also is there a way to increase the levels to say 15?
    We will let the max. lvl at 12, but will include a command that admins and server operators can change it every lvl,
    that will be saved in a cfg then.

I have n clue why the server is lagging, at last build, everything worked fine. Will work on that to find the problem.
  • w0dk4w0dk4 Join Date: 2008-04-22 Member: 64129Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    hey, cool mod I also put it on my server for testing (ArmoryChamber #3).

Keep it up :)