Me vs nxzl!

Know painKnow pain Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157674Members
<div class="IPBDescription">A thought of many.</div>Just had a conversation with nxzl.locklear and “he” just enlightened me with a few things.

One, they like to win games since they have been recruiting some high kill to death ratios.

Two, and he agreed they like to clan stack, it’s only normal. But when those one or two or three players decimate the other team, it will kill the server “I have seen it.”

Three, I love to cook and what I hate is no negative feedback. I want to know what I am doing wrong and how I can do it better. nxzl.locklear says I give no feedback, well there’s a reason for that (got banned for that). Right now and some 20 or so patches ago I see the killers getting more kills and the runner ups not.

Four, and I think every person that plays this game and will play this game, please get rid of the invisible walls!

Comments

• FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't understand what you want to say.
    Nxzl's goal is to be the best team in NS2.
  • ImbalanxdImbalanxd Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104581Members
    I have no idea what this thread is supposed to be about, but I will say this.

When you stack a round, you kill a server.
    When you kill a server, you kill the game.
    Do what you want, but understand the consequences of your actions.
  • TrCTrC Join Date: 2008-11-30 Member: 65612Members
    Players with standards do not play pub unless they really have to.

???

Conclusion
  • rebirthrebirth Join Date: 2007-09-23 Member: 62416Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1988716:date=Oct 9 2012, 11:35 AM:name=TrC)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TrC @ Oct 9 2012, 11:35 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1988716"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Players with standards do not play pub unless they really have to.

???

Conclusion<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Wow, elitism much?
    Especially considering that most "competitive NS2 players" are just a random selection of people willing to play in an organized setting with no real average skill ceiling.
    But have fun limiting your gameplay experience to simple 6v6, other people like a bigger scale for their games so those end up less predictable :P
  • MuYeahMuYeah Join Date: 2006-12-26 Member: 59261Members
    If there's one thing I've learnt from ns1 it is that I'd rather stab my own leg with a fork than play in a gather. Pubs are way better for practice and fun.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    You accused of us stacking, I was the only nxzl. player on my team in any of those rounds.. :\

I rarely play public games anymore, mostly private 6v6. I don't really understand what this thread is.
  • KasperleKasperle Join Date: 2004-09-29 Member: 31990Members
    dont feed the trolls !
  • Squirreli_Squirreli_ Join Date: 2012-04-25 Member: 151046Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Always room for more trolling and drama on the forum ;)
  • NeoRussiaNeoRussia Join Date: 2012-08-04 Member: 154743Members
    what's with all the butthurt?

What happened to just wanting to play some vidya games???

I just want to shoot aliens and bite things.... Some people take it waaaay too seriously.
  • ShakerShaker Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9582Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
  • ImbalanxdImbalanxd Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104581Members
    I'll use this thread to grandstand.

Here are the situations where you can choose which team you join:
    1. You are a complete and utter noob and really need practice playing the team you want to join.
    2. The random portal is broken.

Otherwise you better be going random. Too many people stack teams in this game, especially the so called competitive players. Strangely enough, the competitive players are also usually the first to rage quit, especially... well lets just say this thread name is apt.
  • tk-421tk-421 Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58315Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1988736:date=Oct 9 2012, 03:49 AM:name=Imbalanxd)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Imbalanxd @ Oct 9 2012, 03:49 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1988736"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'll use this thread to grandstand.

Here are the situations where you can choose which team you join:
    1. You are a complete and utter noob and really need practice playing the team you want to join.
    2. The random portal is broken.

Otherwise you better be going random. Too many people stack teams in this game, especially the so called competitive players. Strangely enough, the competitive players are also usually the first to rage quit, especially... well lets just say this thread name is apt.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+1

voteallrandom
  • skjorteNskjorteN Join Date: 2012-08-13 Member: 155548Members
    yeah, voteallrandom is def the answer to your problems.

not.
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    "Voterandom!!!"
    20min later: "###### stackers!!"
  • Squirreli_Squirreli_ Join Date: 2012-04-25 Member: 151046Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Voterandom is great at two things: 1) making players play teams they don't want to play at that moment and 2) making unfair teams.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Voterandom on HBZ the other day gave us the WORST STACKED TEAMS I have ever seen in my life, you couldn't have stacked it better if you tried....

But hey, it's software, what does it know about anything :P
  • WilsonWilson Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72867Members
    We need voteranked.
  • radforChristradforChrist USA Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6871Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    edited October 2012
    voterandom really is random I think. It doesn't balance based on player skill from stats or anything, so I agree, it's often skill stacked by its function.

The problem is that all the negative effects of NS1 players has come with them. NS1 is now pretty much highly individualized fun. After 10 years, many of the remaining players have bought into the elitist attitude, and as such, will gladly empty a server showing off skills, than switch or even teams actively.

Take into consideration this. The game isn't even released yet, it's a beta for the faithful to play and contribute, yet we already have the "competitive vs. the pubbers" arguments. Also, I play at least two to three games a day with griefing commanders, stacking teams (mostly marines), and regularly offensive ingame names and/or attitudes.

Greifing is prevalent in the beta... yeah.

Unless, as a community, or within server communities individually, this is actively addressed, new players after release will be forced to join these camps. Those who are open to fun gameplay and enjoy NS2 as a community game, whether competitively or in public play, or join the elitist ranks and continue the idiocy therein.

I've played against nxzl players, some even yesterday, and I didn't see stacking in the time I played. In fact, there were clan members on either side. They did go into a mumble server and disregard any attempts to help the alien team they were on until we were almost end game, then teamplay brought us back to a win. But we could have ended it earlier.

I guess all I would ask is that if you play pub play, for practice, or for fun, don't do it at the expense of others. And even if we are all nubs who don't know what we are doing, that you are better than us because you play a game with more skill than we do, or whatever form of supremacy you make from your abilities in a virtual world, let's try to play a game we can all enjoy.

I don't mind losing with ignorant teammates that are trying to learn, and I don't mind having a few skilled teammates carrying others. I do mind rambos not listening to comm, in game griefing in order to prolong games so you can "enjoy" the mockery, et. al.

I have had good games with nxzl, I think this post is flamebait. However, there's a real underpinning that's already showing up in NS2. I left NS due to most of those annoying players, and even though there's a new server trying to actively rid themselves of those types, and I applaud them, NS2 is being slowly infected as well.
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    edited October 2012
    Griefing isn't prevalent in my experience of NS2.

I do see the best players often joining the same teams. You know before the round begins which team will win. Sometimes everyone just leaves the server because they're sick of predictable rounds.

That's not intentional griefing IMO. People don't wanna start a round knowing their team will lose so they join the one with the best players.

It's made worse by the fact NS2 is not fun to lose, most of the time. On the losing team you have less choices, basic weapons, slower movement, you die faster and more often, more time waiting to respawn etc. That's just how the game is designed, the RTS element in it. It does make the game different from other shooters where the game plays similarly no matter if you're on the winning team or not.
  • WilsonWilson Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72867Members
    edited October 2012
    I think you are spot on peregrinus. In other games you can still have fun as an individual player even if you are on the losing side. But NS2 is similar to L4D in that you have a heavy reliance on your team mates and if your team sucks then it's no fun at all. This encourages stacking because people play to have fun. L4D was famous for pub stomps and rage quitting because of this.
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited October 2012
    I've been on both sides of stacked teams; neither side is fun - even the winning side. Playing close games which get to the highest life forms is the most satisfying by far.

Then again, I understand that clans want to play together since they're friends or want to practice - duh?

It's a problem with all online games, not just NS2 - and it kills servers in other games too. The answer really is voterandom (or play on a server which forces random teams constantly) and just pray that the clans aren't all together randomly :-) .
  • KaptajnKLOKaptajnKLO Join Date: 2012-06-25 Member: 153658Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1988754:date=Oct 9 2012, 02:56 PM:name=radforChrist)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (radforChrist @ Oct 9 2012, 02:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1988754"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->and even though there's a new server trying to actively rid themselves of those types, and I applaud them,<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What server is that?
    edited October 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1988746:date=Oct 9 2012, 04:36 AM:name=Floodinator)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Floodinator @ Oct 9 2012, 04:36 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1988746"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"Voterandom!!!"
    20min later: "###### stackers!!"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Haha, but you were in HBZ with us yesterday and voterandom was fine. I didn't hear anyone complaining at the time...

<!--quoteo(post=1988747:date=Oct 9 2012, 04:37 AM:name=Squirreli_)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squirreli_ @ Oct 9 2012, 04:37 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1988747"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Voterandom is great at two things: 1) making players play teams they don't want to play at that moment and 2) making unfair teams.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm beginning to think people don't understand how random works.
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Just give the servers really good auto-balance voting systems, and what have you. The readyroom is great, but it doesn't help that those whinning (sometimes inappropriately) F4 themselves and encourage others to do so, and no one else does.

There are too many options for players to effect the game by not being part of it basically.
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited October 2012
    There's also the problem of smurfing, a lot of competitive players go on pub servers with fake names, often stacking the teams which makes it even more frustrating as a random pub player to face against. (At least when they have their real names you can put things in perspective and easily tell it's begin stacked)

Ns2 should use steamnames.
    Sure, but it is often so because we switch teams after a voterandom to balance it out or manually switch players to the other team so we can switch to the "weaker" one.

Sometimes it gives good teams but sometimes...well the game is over after 2min regardless what the oposing team does.
    <!--quoteo(post=1988779:date=Oct 9 2012, 06:30 AM:name=Floodinator)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Floodinator @ Oct 9 2012, 06:30 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1988779"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sure, but it is often so because we switch teams after a voterandom to balance it out or manually switch players to the other team so we can switch to the "weaker" one.

Sometimes it gives good teams but sometimes...well the game is over after 2min regardless what the oposing team does.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This is true, unfortunately. Agreed.

HBZ is one of the best EU servers BTW. Great place.
  • RedDragonRedDragon Join Date: 2003-01-13 Member: 12240Members, NS2 Map Tester
    To be perfectly fair, I think its often true that we end up stacking teams in public servers. But sometimes its just coincidence (because a lot of us do just go random), and sometimes its because we've standing in the ready room for 10 minutes waiting for people to join teams.

As well, I'm not sure other teams do this, but often if a bunch of Nexzil players are on the same team in a public game, we generally handicap ourselves. I know Omegaweapon likes to impose a "pistol only" rule. And when playing aliens I personally will try to run a circle around a marine before I start biting them.

The other side of this, which is sometimes just as annoying as it is amusing, is that we'll get accused of stacking when we're the only Nexzil player in the server. Or even if there's only two of us.

12 v 12, 2 players =/= stacked teams.

Donno what else to say other than we don't sit in mumble and conspire about how we want to go pub stomp.

:-/
  • KaptajnKLOKaptajnKLO Join Date: 2012-06-25 Member: 153658Members
    edited October 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1988791:date=Oct 9 2012, 04:59 PM:name=RedDragon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RedDragon @ Oct 9 2012, 04:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1988791"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The other side of this, which is sometimes just as annoying as it is amusing, is that we'll get accused of stacking when we're the only Nexzil player in the server. Or even if there's only two of us.

12 v 12, 2 players =/= stacked teams.

Donno what else to say other than we don't sit in mumble and conspire about how we want to go pub stomp.

:-/<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

When you have 2 players who are both 25-5 on a server with average players and they are essentially dominating everyone, then I can see how it can be percieved as stacking even though it is only two guys. I don't mind two very good players on one team as long as the opposing team also have some good players and isn't full of average and bad players.

Also if I see that there are a number of comp players on a server I will wait to join a team to see if they are going to stack one of the teams. If they do stack one team then I will find another server. It is just no fun when you know the results beforehand; if I join the stacked team I will be on the winning team and if I join the opposing team then my team will be dominated. I just don't understand why anyone would find that fun.
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited October 2012
    Most of the comp players use pub games for marine aim practice, which kind of sucks, because I can't force myself to play unfair teams, and hence play like 80% of my ns time as alien.

<!--quoteo(post=1988783:date=Oct 9 2012, 04:40 PM:name=tk-421)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tk-421 @ Oct 9 2012, 04:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1988783"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This is true, unfortunately. Agreed.

HBZ is one of the best EU servers BTW. Great place.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Thank you
This discussion has been closed.