Lerk ideas

deaglecrazydeaglecrazy Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73106Members
I think right now with the lerk starting with bite and spikes is a good change and that the spores should be an upgrade for sure, but I do believe the bite/spikes should be a different mouse click from the spores.

As of now the commanders almost never invest in researching in spores until they've pretty much got every other upgrade, but for 30 resources in early game I really do think this is a must.

If you could somehow have bite/spikes on mouse1 (1 for bite 2 for spikes) and then spores and umbra as an upgrade for mouse2 (3 for spores 4 for umbra) or something along these lines the lerk could be a much more enjoying alien life form to be.

Just my 2 cents, (PS sorry if this is painful to read I just finished work and am very tired lol)

Comments

• TwiggehTwiggeh Join Date: 2010-09-24 Member: 74165Members
    Imho spores should always be available, the lerk is a support/harass unit, and just having a melee and a ranged attack (with its current mediocre damage) just makes it a flying weaker skulk.
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I 2nd that, just make spores available from start again, buff spikes significantly and make them a T2.
  • deaglecrazydeaglecrazy Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73106Members
    The thing is I love having spores and bite but I think right off is too powerful, plus its already hard enough getting the commander to invest in spores, there's no way he'd invest in the spikes lol

As of now all the games I've played have been researched or w/e in this order:
    Leap->Blink->Stomp/Bile bomb->Bile bomb/Stomp-> spores :(

I understand the tactics since the fade can do some serious damage but with the lerk being a 30 pres lifeform there's no way it should be invested like that ><