Possible hackers

blinblin Join Date: 2011-07-20 Member: 111290Members
<div class="IPBDescription">can we discuss them by name here?</div>I have a question:

If we have detected a suspicious behavior of a player, for instance:

a very good K/D ratio, like 36/3

ability of whiping out the whole team of skulks - i.e. one against 4-5, when his every bullet goes into the target

feeling, that when you spectate him playing he just knows where the alien is and shoots ahead

and when you tell him, that you are watching him doing this stuff he kinda slows down and it feels like he turned his hacks off

So, I really want to believe that this is just SUCH a good player, and good team-work (although all other members of the team not even close as good), but still,

I guess very good players are still a bit rare in this community and, I am sure they are known to people, it is just maybe me, who never heard about them.

So, is it possible, that we bring a name of such a proffessional and people who know him will just protect his good name and I will just have new horizons to explore in my gaming?

Comments

• SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'd say go for it, if we know the person i'm sure we'll give our opinion.
  • TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
    These forums really aren't the place for people to launch crusades against one another. If you have an issue with someone, you should take it up with them. If you really want to ask around, consider PMing people or making friends with some of the regular players.
  • Know painKnow pain Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157674Members
    They’re not hacker’s just players who are competitive but at the same time we should feel sorry for them. They tend to be players who play compatibly then go to pub games so they can get good ratios and feel good about themselves.

It’s bad when you have griefers and they do it hardcore, such as someone going aliens dropping 5 whips and then f4 to marine.
  • KaptajnKLOKaptajnKLO Join Date: 2012-06-25 Member: 153658Members
    36/3 is not that uncommon if one of the really good competitive players are playing on a server with lots of new guys. It is especially easy to kill new skulk players who just run along the floor without trying to dodge bullets. For instance I was commanding on a server as alien with alot of new guys and I think it was Fana who was smurfing and completely dominating our whole team. I was the only person on the team who could even get close to him and kill him and he ended up having a score of 51-4 or something.
    edited September 2012
    I'm a competitive player and I play on pubs. There isn't a scrim every second of every day, and some times I just want to play a game where my contribution doesn't matter as much. I'm sorry you feel so consumed by pity, Pain; it must be a pretty uncomfortable way to live. I am not, however, sorry for the fact that I sometimes play better than people who do not have much experience with this game. If people want to play a game without challenge, they can go load up a private match and spawn motionless bots to shoot. I help people who say they are new and answer questions people have for me, but at the end of the day the only person anyone has to blame for not being as skilled as someone else is themselves.

Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with fighting against more skilled teams, but obviously some people do.
  • {GGs} Chicken{GGs} Chicken Join Date: 2011-11-22 Member: 134663Members, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1979375:date=Sep 17 2012, 09:43 PM:name=Know pain)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Know pain @ Sep 17 2012, 09:43 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979375"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->They’re not hacker’s just players who are competitive but at the same time we should feel sorry for them. They tend to be players who play compatibly then go to pub games so they can get good ratios and feel good about themselves.

It’s bad when you have griefers and they do it hardcore, such as someone going aliens dropping 5 whips and then f4 to marine.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

umad?

You're totes right bro. Instead of playing on pubs, they should wait 5 days to play a 30-60min gather instead.
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    I like joining a random server and just playing with a bunch of random people I don't know... even if I don't talk to them much.. or at all. But from my experience, most people enjoy seeing a more skilled player do his/her thing. Though they do get quite upset if you stay on the same team round after round, ahha. Ah well. =)
    <!--quoteo(post=1979378:date=Sep 17 2012, 09:47 PM:name=Techercizer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Techercizer @ Sep 17 2012, 09:47 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979378"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm a competitive player and I play on pubs. There isn't a scrim every second of every day, and some times I just want to play a game where my contribution doesn't matter as much. I'm sorry you feel so consumed by pity, Pain; it must be a pretty uncomfortable way to live. I am not, however, sorry for the fact that I sometimes play better than people who do not have much experience with this game. If people want to play a game without challenge, they can go load up a private match and spawn motionless bots to shoot. I help people who say they are new and answer questions people have for me, but at the end of the day the only person anyone has to blame for not being as skilled as someone else is themselves.

Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with fighting against more skilled teams, but obviously some people do, and they have nobody to blame but themselves.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hey I would have an excellent score if I went 20 and 10, I don’t play to get kills and own the other team. I play to have fun but it’s disheartening to see players that play for kills. I play and love it when I find the perfect little place to gorge and take out the marine base with bile bomb, i.e. 5 exos, 2 ip’s, proto lab, advance armory, power node, extractor, arms lab, observatory, phase gate, half a dozen mac's and a partridge in a pear tree.
  • AtoneAtone Join Date: 2009-09-21 Member: 68839Members
    edited September 2012
    I played against some dude named Strayan and he was hacking hardcore. I called him out but he played dumb in some cheesy mock-Australian accent. Said he was a dev. Watch out for that guy!
    edited September 2012
    Who said anything about playing for kills? Competitive NS2 isn't some special deathmatch game type, it's even more about critical structures and controlling fields of influence than public NS2. Also, you don't need to wave your e-peen around here; nobody's impressed that you know how to bile bomb a marine base, and more importantly, you don't need anyone to. You should just play the game you want to and have fun doing it. If you don't like seeing players who are more skilled than you, the solution is to practice, not to try and demonize them to justify your self-image. Competitive NS2 players are just like normal NS2 players: blokes (and gals) or who just want to join a game, play against other people, and have fun.
    <!--quoteo(post=1979378:date=Sep 18 2012, 06:47 AM:name=Techercizer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Techercizer @ Sep 18 2012, 06:47 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979378"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm a competitive player and I play on pubs. There isn't a scrim every second of every day, and some times I just want to play a game where my contribution doesn't matter as much.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=1979378:date=Sep 18 2012, 06:47 AM:name=Techercizer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Techercizer @ Sep 18 2012, 06:47 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979378"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If people want to play a game without challenge, they can go load up a private match and spawn motionless bots to shoot.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So it's alright for you to play pub games where you don't get that much of a challenge, but not-so-experienced players should not expect the same? They should just take it gladly up the bumhole if one of you guys decide to ruin a server full of new people?

<!--quoteo(post=1979378:date=Sep 18 2012, 06:47 AM:name=Techercizer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Techercizer @ Sep 18 2012, 06:47 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979378"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I help people who say they are new and answer questions people have for me, but at the end of the day the only person anyone has to blame for not being as skilled as someone else is themselves.

Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with fighting against more skilled teams, but obviously some people do, and they have nobody to blame but themselves.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ah the old L2P! Yes completely new players have no one but themselves to blame for not being as good as competitive players who have played hundreds upon hundreds of hours of this game.... of course.

And there is of course nothing wrong with fighting more skilled players, the thing I assume new players don't like, and this is just a wild guess, is if they are getting dominated and being raped up the bumhole... but they should just take it right?
    edited September 2012
    I wasn't aware my participation in a server constituted "ruining" it. Would it be better if everyone like me was herded into a camp somewhere so all of you pure NS2 players could enjoy the game in peace? It looks like I've gone and fallen under the illusion I have some sort of right to play this game approximately near in value to yours; stupid me.
    <!--quoteo(post=1979382:date=Sep 17 2012, 11:58 PM:name=Know pain)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Know pain @ Sep 17 2012, 11:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979382"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hey I would have an excellent score if I went 20 and 10, I don’t play to get kills and own the other team. I play to have fun but it’s disheartening to see players that play for kills. I play and love it when I find the perfect little place to gorge and take out the marine base with bile bomb, i.e. 5 exos, 2 ip’s, proto lab, advance armory, power node, extractor, arms lab, observatory, phase gate, half a dozen mac's and a partridge in a pear tree.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

To me, watching a person gorge and just do nothing but bile bomb all game without doing anything else, is more frustrating. In pub's i play to have fun as well, but my fun is to run off and keep the aliens busy while the rest of my team caps RTs and expands. I'd much rather sit around reactor core, crevice for most of the game, trying to kill as many aliens as i possibly can, plus it helps me to better my aim.
    You and I have different playstyles Syknik, but I respect that. It's good that our community has this kind of diversity.
    <!--quoteo(post=1979386:date=Sep 18 2012, 07:03 AM:name=Techercizer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Techercizer @ Sep 18 2012, 07:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979386"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I wasn't aware my participation in a server constituted "ruining" it. Would it be better if everyone like me was herded into a camp somewhere so all of you pure NS2 players could enjoy the game in peace? It looks like I've gone and fallen under the illusion I have some sort of right to play this game approximately near in value to yours; stupid me.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

We're in a thread that's talking about scores of 36/3 or above and if you dominate like that on a server then yes you are ruining the fun for the other team. And as you said if you don't want a challenge then go set up a private server and shoot bots.... or find a server that isn't full of new players. If I am on a server and I get scores like that I don't consider that fun. I know that the other players are probably frustrated over being dominated and I would rather play on another server.
    edited September 2012
    So leave then, nobody's stopping you. Apparently my sarcasm was layered on just a bit to thick in my last post, because I have as much a right to play in a server as you do, and until an admin asks me to leave or bans me, the fact that you don't like fighting against me is your problem and yours alone. I find pub gameplay fun. I get to run around as a little bitey man and eat people, and I get to run around with a little welding torch and point at things as the numbers go up or down. That's fun for me. I bought this game, I see no reason why I can't play it.

Found your own community and ban people with K/Ds above 7 if you want. If enough people feel the same way as you, they'll flock to your servers and you'll thrive.
  • RedDragonRedDragon Join Date: 2003-01-13 Member: 12240Members, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1979391:date=Sep 18 2012, 01:11 AM:name=KaptajnKLO)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KaptajnKLO @ Sep 18 2012, 01:11 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979391"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->We're in a thread that's talking about scores of 36/3 or above and if you dominate like that on a server then yes you are ruining the fun for the other team. And as you said if you don't want a challenge then go set up a private server and shoot bots.... or find a server that isn't full of new players. If I am on a server and I get scores like that I don't consider that fun. I know that the other players are probably frustrated over being dominated and I would rather play on another server.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Personally, I prefer playing against people who can dominate public games like that, even if they're kicking my ass. Most of the time, I play simply to entertain myself, and while I'd like to think I'm preaty decent at the game, I enjoy the opportunity to pit myself against people better than me.

I like playing against people like Syknik in public games, because I can reliably know where they'll be and I can then work on perfecting my skulking, or fading, or lerking, or whatever else while they're working on their aim.

I understand it can be frustrating KaptajnKLO, but while you sit here and disagree with the views of some of us who have responded to you, we can just as meaningfully disagree with you. And you do not speak for everyone who plays public games. Nor do you speak for everyone new to the game.

I only started playing a couple of weeks ago. I was new then, and compared to many I'm still very new. I did not hold your views when I began playing, and I do not hold them now.
  • RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Gathering evidence before naming is always the best way. Spectating and recording, etc...
    Would be nice to have a web page for posting that kind of stuff and getting peoples opinions.
    Is first person spectator in? Sorry it's been awhile since I've spectated.
    edited September 2012
    1st person spectate is not in, but the devs know how bad we need it and they're working on it.
  • RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1979399:date=Sep 18 2012, 01:20 PM:name=Techercizer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Techercizer @ Sep 18 2012, 01:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979399"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->1st person spectate is not in, but the devs know how bad we need it and they're working on it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ah yes thank you, definitely so important.
    Unlike BF3.. Ugh
    <!--quoteo(post=1979379:date=Sep 17 2012, 09:53 PM:name={GGs} Chicken)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ({GGs} Chicken @ Sep 17 2012, 09:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979379"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->umad?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

qq

<!--quoteo(post=1979383:date=Sep 17 2012, 10:00 PM:name=Atone)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Atone @ Sep 17 2012, 10:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979383"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I played against some dude named Strayan and he was hacking hardcore. I called him out but he played dumb in some cheesy mock-Australian accent. Said he was a dev. Watch out for that guy!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Strayan doesn’t hack, he either coded or asked someone to code this game so he can be like a god.

<!--quoteo(post=1979384:date=Sep 17 2012, 10:00 PM:name=Techercizer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Techercizer @ Sep 17 2012, 10:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979384"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Also, you don't need to wave your e-peen around here; nobody's impressed that you know how to bile bomb a marine base, and more importantly, you don't need anyone to. If you don't like seeing players who are more skilled than you, the solution is to practice, not to try and demonize them to justify your self-image. Competitive NS2 players are just like normal NS2 players: blokes (and gals) or who just want to join a game, play against other people, and have fun.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

qq and you should know that there are no “gals” here, just guys with voice changers or 12 year old boys after a sex change.

<!--quoteo(post=1979397:date=Sep 17 2012, 10:18 PM:name=RedDragon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RedDragon @ Sep 17 2012, 10:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979397"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->RedDragon<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Shush, watching you go fade and stop dying.

<!--quoteo(post=1979398:date=Sep 17 2012, 10:20 PM:name=RockyMarc)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RockyMarc @ Sep 17 2012, 10:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979398"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Gathering evidence before naming is always the best way. Spectating and recording, etc...
    Would be nice to have a web page for posting that kind of stuff and getting peoples opinions.
    Is first person spectator in? Sorry it's been awhile since I've spectated.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This will probably never happen on these forums, if you think someone is hacking or cheating then you should bring it to the clan website of the server you were playing on.
    <!--quoteo(post=1979397:date=Sep 18 2012, 07:18 AM:name=RedDragon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RedDragon @ Sep 18 2012, 07:18 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979397"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I understand it can be frustrating KaptajnKLO,<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not really. I think I have experienced getting dominated twice in the game so far and it didn't really affect me, since I just go to another server. More new players should do that aswell. What I take offense to is when I see players who are competitive justifying them dominating a server by saying L2P. It's so dumb!

<!--quoteo(post=1979397:date=Sep 18 2012, 07:18 AM:name=RedDragon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RedDragon @ Sep 18 2012, 07:18 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979397"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->but while you sit here and disagree with the views of some of us who have responded to you, we can just as meaningfully disagree with you. And you do not speak for everyone who plays public games. Nor do you speak for everyone new to the game.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Wut...when did I say I spoke for everyone? This is just my opinion and I haven't claimed otherwise.

<!--quoteo(post=1979397:date=Sep 18 2012, 07:18 AM:name=RedDragon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RedDragon @ Sep 18 2012, 07:18 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979397"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I only started playing a couple of weeks ago. I was new then, and compared to many I'm still very new. I did not hold your views when I began playing, and I do not hold them now.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ok well good for you. I didn't either when I got the game, since we didn't have that many players back then, but now with all the new and horribad players I just find it incredibly obnoxious when really good competitive players dominate servers and then say L2P as justification.
  • blinblin Join Date: 2011-07-20 Member: 111290Members
    So, did I understand you right? According to what is said here by the people with expirience (I only have like 1.5 year of playing, around 180 hours) there are no hackers in this game for now, and all of them are just very skilled players.

Then, why we see like 3 or 4 threads appearing on this forum just for the past week, talking about possible hacks?

Where were all those profies before?
  • Squirreli_Squirreli_ Join Date: 2012-04-25 Member: 151046Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1979410:date=Sep 18 2012, 09:16 AM:name=blin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blin @ Sep 18 2012, 09:16 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979410"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So, did I understand you right? According to what is said here by the people with expirience (I only have like 1.5 year of playing, around 180 hours) there are no hackers in this game for now, and all of them are just very skilled players.

Then, why we see like 3 or 4 threads appearing on this forum just for the past week, talking about possible hacks?

Where were all those profies before?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I've yet to see anyone I suspected of hacking in NS2, in the noobish 500 hrs I've put in. Sure, the game is moddable and it is known that hacks are easy to make. I haven't however noticed anyone I thought was cheating, and I've come to have a pretty good hunch on the issue, having played FPS games ever since Wolf3D. In the personal opinion of this player, there are always some players who are new enough to confuse skill with hacks. Heck, just in my personal experience, I've been banned by noob admins at least 10 times in CS/DoD/BFBC2 because I was having a good fragging day and they mistook it for cheats.

Now, please however try and investigate possible cheats! Just because a lot of the suspected cheaters aren't actually cheating doesn't mean we shouldn't make an effort to keep the community and servers clean. We need that 1st person spectate, it and careful admining of servers are some of the best tools for weeding out cheaters!
  • GrimfangGrimfang Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13086Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    There are players who can get these scores without cheating, they get them because they are good. I think most that have played this for a while agree on this. Also I think most agree that it would be possible to cheat and change the game to get advantages that would allow you to get the same scores without the skill. However it seems that most of the community assumes that all cheaters are in fact skilled players. So in that sense I understand that the OP asks if he can name people, however since the skilled players change their nicks ingame, it's hard to know. We can only really wait for some anti cheat, and then assume that skilled players are in fact skilled, and not cheating.

The second discussion in here is more about whether the skilled players can join newbie servers, and dominate the games or not. I think my take on it is that balanced games are more fun, and if it's clear after a few games, that 1-2 players determine the winning side just by joining it, then the fun is more or less gone. A challenge can be fun, but if half your team leaves after the first encounter with the skilled person/persons, then I see a problem.

I like playing against skilled people, they give me a motivation to improve, and somehow beat them. But I mainly play this for the teamplay. If the rest of my team has lost morale, and given up, then the game will not be enjoyable in the long run. So it's a delicate balance for me.
  • FrankerZFrankerZ Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151627Members
    we are in a auto match making era of gaming where people got used to playing ppl around their caliber and playing against or with too good or too bad players is a legitimate complaint.

While the very good players in ns2 dont have the responsibility to make the gaming experience of others better, they do have the ability to bring the solution depending on how much empathy they have for the less skilled players. ( trying to be on the team thats least skill stacked, play their worst lifeform, hadicap yourself, leave, etc.)
    yeah, I just checked those who I suspected on stats, and yeah, they are in first 5.

more than 5 hundred kills for 7 hours of playing, this is something, this dude is very good.
  • Squirreli_Squirreli_ Join Date: 2012-04-25 Member: 151046Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1979416:date=Sep 18 2012, 09:36 AM:name=Grimfang)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Grimfang @ Sep 18 2012, 09:36 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979416"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The second discussion in here is more about whether the skilled players can join newbie servers, and dominate the games or not. I think my take on it is that balanced games are more fun, and if it's clear after a few games, that 1-2 players determine the winning side just by joining it, then the fun is more or less gone. A challenge can be fun, but if half your team leaves after the first encounter with the skilled person/persons, then I see a problem.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

On newbie servers:

Anyone, please feel free to host one. I don't think there currently are any servers intended for newbies only, so if enough people feel like they should host a newbie only server, get a group together and host one. The costs for a proper server are something like 30-40 euros per month, but that depends a lot on where you get it from (Our server is on an overclocked i5 2500k @ 4,5ghz, which hosts 2 public and 2 private game servers). Btw, currently most servers are hosted by competitive players and NS1 veterans who have a long history with Natural Selection and are often passionate about the game. Just because there are newbies on the servers doesn't mean more skilled players shouldn't play there.

Now, if a server was clearly marked as intended for newbies only, I wouldn't join there, or if I would (for instance because a noob friend needed some guidance) I'd respect the servers newbieness and inflict some sort of severe handicap on myself. I personally do not think that newbies can properly (or at least quickly) learn from other newbies, but hey, that is just my opinion. You pay for a server, you get to make the rules. Then we choose if we want to play there and you choose if you allow us ;)

Oh, and there was some talk of tiered matchmaking. I don't necessarily think this is a bad idea. It doesn't work that well with the dedicated servers and all, but there are ways to work around this and to make a proper matchmaking system. Until something like that is implemented (if it ever is), just go for noob server hosting!

EDIT: And now that I actually thought about it, I actually do often leave from severely noobish servers, as the game has a tendency to become really unenjoyable. Like yesterday, when in 2 separate rounds no-one received any assistance from the marine comms as they were turtle-saving for exo train.
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Not again.... Pls close this thread now can't read it anymore...
    Even I was accused to be hacking! ME...
    Can't wait till october when all the newbs are comming and calling everybody a cheater just because he plays thus game for years now. It isn't hard to get a 70/5 ratio, it just depends on the Aliens. If they walk in a direct line to a Marine 1000000000 tines they die, point!

Ok lets call out the hackers: Treffnix, Fana, Tane, eh?, Eageleye, Valkjury (spelled wrong), Flayra etc... If you see those names play different! Don't just walk alone at them and for sure not in a direct line or you will respawn veeeeery soon. Not that they play NS for almost a decade....

At mods pls close this thread, ppl won't learn it...
    <!--quoteo(post=1979426:date=Sep 18 2012, 02:11 AM:name=Floodinator)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Floodinator @ Sep 18 2012, 02:11 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979426"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not again.... Pls close this thread now can't read it anymore...
    Even I was accused to be hacking! ME...
    Can't wait till october when all the newbs are comming and calling everybody a cheater just because he plays thus game for years now. It isn't hard to get a 70/5 ratio, it just depends on the Aliens. If they walk in a direct line to a Marine 1000000000 tines they die, point!

Ok lets call out the hackers: Treffnix, Fana, Tane, eh?, Eageleye, Valkjury (spelled wrong), Flayra etc... If you see those names play different! Don't just walk alone at them and for sure not in a direct line or you will respawn veeeeery soon. Not that they play NS for almost a decade....

At mods pls close this thread, ppl won't learn it...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Please DONT close this thread. You dont wanna read it, then plz dont read. For some people it is important. I want to believe.. hehehe
This discussion has been closed.