Preordered over 6months ago and I dont get the deluxe edition?

mic000mic000 Join Date: 2012-09-09 Member: 158685Members
Well as the topic says I preorder NS2 over 6months ago infact I looked at my bank statement and I paid in 10/11 so almost a year ago.
For backing the game for such a long time waiting on release then now its almost out you are offering basically free deluxe upgrades when I dont get anything except standard edition? This makes very little sense and makes me think why did I pay my money up front knowning it would be ages before the game would be released and get standard game??
I would have been better off not paying you guys the money almost 1 yr ago ( the $20 i preordered for) and then paying $5 more on steam for the deluxe edition edition now.
So much for caring about the people who actually help fund this game to start with...........
I thought there was a better community feel here then most games, I played NS1 a lot and loved it. I dont feel I have got much for supporting you. Majority of pre releases my ati cards wouldnt even work at all.

Comments

• Death_IncarnateDeath_Incarnate Join Date: 2005-02-19 Member: 41788Members
    I don't know what your been reading but everyone who preoreder before gets the deluxe edition and also gets a second free copy on steam. If you open up steam it should show ns2 beta which will become the deluxe once the game is out. They should be gifting another copy to you to give to a friend. I don't know when though.
  • HuzeHuze Insightful Join Date: 2003-11-12 Member: 22724Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1975503:date=Sep 11 2012, 01:05 AM:name=mic000)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mic000 @ Sep 11 2012, 01:05 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1975503"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well as the topic says I preorder NS2 over 6months ago infact I looked at my bank statement and I paid in 10/11 so almost a year ago.
    For backing the game for such a long time waiting on release then now its almost out you are offering basically free deluxe upgrades when I dont get anything except standard edition? This makes very little sense and makes me think why did I pay my money up front knowning it would be ages before the game would be released and get standard game??
    I would have been better off not paying you guys the money almost 1 yr ago ( the $20 i preordered for) and then paying $5 more on steam for the deluxe edition edition now.
    So much for caring about the people who actually help fund this game to start with...........
    I thought there was a better community feel here then most games, I played NS1 a lot and loved it. I dont feel I have got much for supporting you. Majority of pre releases my ati cards wouldnt even work at all.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You preordered for $20, you will get the deluxe edition when they give that out (they haven't) and an extra copy of the standard edition to give away when they give that out (they haven't).

You saved $5 and got a bunch of free stuff. Have a nice day.
  • mic000mic000 Join Date: 2012-09-09 Member: 158685Members
    I hope so, Im confused at the moment. It was quite hard for me to even trace back my payment since it was so long ago :(
    I was pretty annoyed at not been able to play the beta much since ati drivers never seem to work. They work okay now thou.
  • AtoneAtone Join Date: 2009-09-21 Member: 68839Members
    Don't worry, the devs have stated multiple times that everyone who preordered before it went for sale on steam will get the deluxe edition and a free copy of the game to gift to a friend. Your gift copy should be coming in roughly a week and you'll get the deluxe goodies around 1.0.
  • SopsSops Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17894Members, Constellation
    People need to calm down and read the announcements before working themselves up.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2012
    This is about the 10th thread in which I've posted the same thing. Either people are not reading, do not understand english, or things are not clear enough.

All the info you need is here:

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/news/2012/9/natural_selection_2_pre_orders_on_steam" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/news/2012...orders_on_steam</a>

<i><b>Basics:</b></i>

<b>1)</b> If you pre-ordered NS2 years ago or before it went up on Steam for pre-order, you get a FREE UPGRADE to the Digital Deluxe Edition with FREE STUFF & A Spare Giftable NS2 Copy for a friend. Free stuff & Giftable Game has not been sent out yet. Free Giftable Game will be sent out next week/soon.

<b>2)</b> If you pre-ordered directly through <b>STEAM</b> for $24.99 - then until release, you get a FREE UPGRADE to the DIgital Deluxe Edition with FREE STUFF. just not the giftable extra copy.

<b>3)</b> If you have lost your Keys from years ago and now want to play, go here: <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve</a> and retrieve them.

I hope that has made things clear. :)<u></u>
  • NurEinMenschNurEinMensch Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14056Members, Constellation
    I have a feeling UWE is going to be a lot more careful wording their announcements in the future. ^^
  • mic000mic000 Join Date: 2012-09-09 Member: 158685Members
    edited September 2012
    Well I wish I had read that first feel a bit silly now, The main reason I was lead to believe what I originally said was due to the fact that I had NS2 beta on steam from the preorder
    I then added cd key and downloaded 800-900mb, Which still displayed Natural Selections 2 in my games library as a steam game. Then on the store page it still registers as not purchased and has the add to cart button. I was pretty confused.

edit - Also thank you for the quick replies and info :)