wont boot at all

Dank McShwaggerDank McShwagger Join Date: 2009-06-10 Member: 67784Members
<div class="IPBDescription">black screen and freezes</div>I just downloaded the new patch, tried to run the game and got a black screen, no audio, no console access. All I see is a loading icon on the cursor. Waited about 10 minutes then checked task manager, not responding.

I tried rebooting steam and my PC
downloading new video drivers
verified integrity of game cache in steam
uninstalled and re-downloaded the game

All with the same results. Anything else worth trying?

Intel core 2 duo 2.8ghz
8gig RAM
ATI Radeon 4850
Win 7 64bit

It's been a while since I've launched NS2.. about the time the Onos was released.. but it worked perfectly fine then.

Comments

• SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    try deleting your shader cache
    it's located in " %appdata%/Natural Selection 2/cache/ " delete all files in that folder. it can take a while until the game starts up then, since the engine will need to recache everything
  • Dank McShwaggerDank McShwagger Join Date: 2009-06-10 Member: 67784Members
    Thank you for the fast response Sewlek.

I just gave that a try and and still behaves the same way. I gave it a good 15 minutes to load but it just seems to hang with no activity what-so-ever.
  • KENMANKENMAN Join Date: 2003-10-24 Member: 21910Members
    I have had this problem for 2 months now. I have attempted all possible solutions from the tech help forum and get satisfaction site. I was curious if it could be related to a beta code that i noticed in the game settings in steam. but i dont recall ever requiring one. Super frustrating.
  • digitalpacmandigitalpacman Join Date: 2011-06-18 Member: 105051Members
    I just bought the beta and I get the same thing. I can see the cursor, hear music, but the screen is black and nothing happens.
  • inbunnyinbunny Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156947Members
    Please help and say if yo uneed any extra details
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    Hi, can you provide the following details please:
    System specs, video driver version used.
    Has this occurred with any other video games?
    Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz
    You Have: 5.2 GHz
    You Have: 3.2 GB
    Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 6001), 32-bit
    You Have: GeForce 7050 / nForce 610i

You Have
    Video RAM 1.4 GB
    Hardware T&L Yes
    Pixel Shader version 3.0
    Vertex Shader version 3.0

242.4 GB disk space
    edited August 2012
    Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz
    You Have: 5.2 GHz
    You Have: 3.2 GB
    Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 6001), 32-bit
    You Have: GeForce 7050 / nForce 610i

You Have
    Video RAM 1.4 GB
    Hardware T&L Yes
    Pixel Shader version 3.0
    Vertex Shader version 3.0

242.4 GB disk space

Please ask if any other details are needed to fix the problem, thanks.

this is the log

Date: 08/30/12
    Time: 20:56:12
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Build 217
    Starting Natural Selection 2
    RenderDevice: NVIDIA GeForce 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 610i (8.17.13.142)
    Error: IDirect3DDevice9::CreateTexture(1280x800, 1, D3DFMT_A2R10G10B10) failed (Invalid call)
    Error: IDirect3DDevice9::CreateTexture(128x128, 1, D3DFMT_A2R10G10B10) failed (Invalid call)
    Main Menu Initialized at Version: 217
    Updating of subscribed mods is complete (not subscribed to any mods).
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Try updating your Nvidia drivers from Nvidia.com - if that does not work try verifying your steam cache. If that does not work try re-downloading the game.

However looking from your Specs, you do not meet the minimum system requirements. Your Pentium CPU is underpowered and your Nvidia chip is very, very slow.

I would suggest saving up for some upgrades or a new PC if you're wanting to play NS2.
  • DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2012
    Duplicate threads:
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=120488" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=120488</a>
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=120497" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=120497</a>

<i>Merged threads --Zaggy</i>
  • DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2012
    8.17.13.142 is the newest driver version.

I wouldn't expect to run NS2 on a GPU that struggles with 8+ year old games in 640x480 resolution on lowest settings. The errors could possibly be caused by the GPU somehow not supporting some texture formats that NS2 uses, which would be why it won't start at all. But even if it would start, you wouldn't even be able to use the menu due to the low performance.
  • HousemasterHousemaster Join Date: 2012-08-31 Member: 157056Members
    Hi im having the same problem.
    i've done the normal steps of verify steam cache & reinstalled twice now

though i pulled up the log & found theres something wrong with effect compiler as the log (i've included a snip of the log as a spoiler)
    same thing appears in the console but nothing but a black screen with music
    pc spec:

Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X6 1090T Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
    running 12.8 catalyst

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Date: 09/01/12
    Time: 00:50:07
    Build 217
    RenderDevice: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series (8.17.10.1140)
    Error: Couldn't load 'shaders/GUISystem.shader_template' (Error document empty.)
    Error: Couldn't load 'shaders/Deferred.shader_template' (Error document empty.)
    ID3DXEffectCompiler: There were no techniques
    ID3DXEffectCompiler: Compilation failed

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_wall_01.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_wall_12.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_wall_05.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_wall_02_trim_a.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_wall_06.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level_alpha.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_grate_03.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_wall_08.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_trim_08.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/dev/dev_floor_grid.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_trim_12.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_tram_trim_03.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_wall_04.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_trim_04_b.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_wall_03.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_trim_06.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_tram_wall_01.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_wall_09_c.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/dev/dev_1024x1024.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level_alpha.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_grate_04.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_floor_trim_01.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_floor_mesh_02.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_trim_11.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_ceiling_04.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level_emissive.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_wall_02.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_mining_floor_01.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_wall_09_b.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_trim_06b.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_floor_trim_02.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_trim_14.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_trim_17.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_trim_02.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_wall_20_trim_03.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_floor_06.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_wall_09.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_wall_11_b_2.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_trim_13.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_wall_01_trim_a.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_wall_10.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_wall_11_c.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_tram_trim_01.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level_alpha.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_grate_01.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_trim_15.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_floor_05.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_wall_14.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_floor_03.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_wall_11.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_wallmods_13_tile_02.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_steps_01.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_trim_09.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_floor_07.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model_emissive.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/generic/lights/generic_lightset_01.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/generic/cables/generic_wire_01.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model_emissive.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/generic/generic_computers_01.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/refinery/refinery_scaffolding.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/refinery/docking_trash_01.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model_emissive.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/refinery/refinery_wallmods_13.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/refinery/refinery_wallmods_13_pillar.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model_alpha.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/refinery/refinery_catwalks_02.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/refinery/mining_wallmods_03.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/refinery/refinery_fan128_01.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/refinery/refinery_pipe_01.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/generic/cables/generic_cablebox_01.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/generic/generic_tools_01.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/refinery/refinery_bigpipes_02.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model_emissive.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/refinery/mining_gascart_01.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/refinery/mining_gastank_01.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model_emissive.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/generic/lights/generic_light_01.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model_emissive.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/generic/lights/generic_light_10.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model_emissive.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/refinery/refinery_ventmods.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model_emissive.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/generic/lights/generic_light_11.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/refinery/refinery_wallmods_12.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/refinery/refinery_trimmods_01.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/refinery/refinery_support.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model_alpha.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/refinery/refinery_grating_01.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/refinery/refinery_pipemods_03.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/refinery/mining_wallmods_01.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/refinery/refinery_girder_01.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/refinery/refinery_pipe_03.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model_alpha.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/refinery/refinery_fence_tile.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/refinery/refinery_steps_01.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/refinery/refinery_support_ceiling.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model_emissive.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/generic/lights/generic_light_03.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/refinery/refinery_tram_support_01.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model_emissive.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/refinery/refinery_wallprop_01.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model_emissive_alpha.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/refinery/refinery_floormods_01.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/refinery/refinery_crate_02.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/generic/cables/generic_floorcables_01.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/refinery/mining_rails.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Model_emissive.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/generic/terminals/generic_terminal_big_03.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level_emissive.surface_shader' for material 'models/props/generic/terminals/generic_terminalscreen_06.material'
    Main Menu Initialized at Version: 217

ID3DXEffectCompiler: Compilation failed<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
  • l3lessedl3lessed Join Date: 2010-06-07 Member: 71977Members
    edited August 2012
    Having the same problem. I was able to play on 213, but I was waiting for the exo and more optimization so I stopped playing. Now I try to load 217 and I get a black screen. I can see my mouse and move it around, but nothing else loads. I have tried waiting a long time, verifying cache, and redownloading the whole client, but none of it has worked. I easily meet the specs and the game has always ran pretty well for me.

Computer Specs:
    Intel core due E8400 3.0Gig overclocked to 3.6
    4 gig ddr2 ram. Can't remember exact frequency, but it is well within requirements.
    Radeon HD 4800 with 512 DDR2 ram.
    Running newest Radeon Drivers.
    Windows 7 64 bit.

I'm hoping this gets sorted out.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I had the saem troubles when I set my Video to High details, and it only had 512mb of RAM. With 512mb GFX Ram you need to play at LOW details (Build 217). Build 216 was playable at Medium settings on a 512mb card, but know you will just get checkerboards.

NS2 requires a minimum of 1GB On-Board Memory for anything above LOW details settings.
    I have had this problem for 2 months now and i have yet to find a fix for it. I have seen other threads with the same issue and no fix provided to them. When game is launched i just have a black screen with a cycling cursor. Nothing happens no matter how long i wait. i have to ctrl+alt+del in order to get out of it. It appears when i do that my resolution is reduced to 800x600. So i thought maybe graphics. but since its the same problem on my laptop it likely isnt. The game has been working fine since alpha and i have made no changes to my system. After re installing it 2 months ago i have had the problem ever since and no update has fixed it.

I have deleted shaders in app data. I have deleted appdata and verified local content. Uninstalled the game and deleted all left over file folders.

I recently installed the program on my laptop and i have the same exact problem.

Computer specs: Q6700, 4gb ram, 9800gtx+
    Laptop Specs: Core I7, 8gb ram, Quadro FX 4500 gpu

I really want to play the game. I love being a part of the development process all the way through. I just hope there is a fix or someone from the UWE support can help with this.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me get back into the game.

Regards,
  • cowboy_jesuscowboy_jesus Join Date: 2005-03-06 Member: 43653Members, Constellation
    Having the same problem. I havent played in a few months, so would this be attributed to one of the new patch releases?
    I FIGURED IT OUT!! after all this time. Ive done this in the past but it seemed to have worked this time. Cowboy, if you disable windows firewall the game will work. Perhaps adding privileges to the game through firewall will help too.

good luck.
  • Dank McShwaggerDank McShwagger Join Date: 2009-06-10 Member: 67784Members
    new patch fixed my issue, loads up fine now.
  • gubertgubert Join Date: 2010-08-09 Member: 73545Members
    edited September 2012
    Tried running the game after a long while, but it doesn't work anymore. I get black screen, orange mouse pointer and music in the background. Opened the console, and it had over and over again:

Verified Steam cache, and tried deleting the shaders as mentioned above, but that didn't help.

The log file has some more info, no sure if usefull. This is the start of the log, and it continues with similar content for different shaders.:
    Date: 09/06/12
    Time: 21:18:46
    Build 218
    Steam initialized
    RenderDevice: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series (8.17.10.1140)
    Error: Couldn't load 'shaders/GUISystem.shader_template' (Error document empty.)
    Error: Couldn't load 'shaders/Deferred.shader_template' (Error document empty.)

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_wall_01.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_wall_12.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_wall_05.material'

Error: Couldn't load shader 'shaders/Level.surface_shader' for material 'materials/refinery/refinery_wall_02_trim_a.material'
  • EvilSquirrelEvilSquirrel Join Date: 2012-09-06 Member: 158208Members
    Having this exact same issue, 'Compilation Failed' errors and all. Bumping the thread for attention. Hopefully we can get this fixed.
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    edited September 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1973176:date=Sep 7 2012, 12:58 AM:name=EvilSquirrel)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (EvilSquirrel @ Sep 7 2012, 12:58 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1973176"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Having this exact same issue, 'Compilation Failed' errors and all. Bumping the thread for attention. Hopefully we can get this fixed.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hi, can you provide the following details please:
    System specs, video driver version used.

<i>
    Edit: merged 3 threads into this one.</i>
  • imp0rimp0r Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158388Members
    edited September 2012
    I only get a black screen as well... Can open the Console, log see below.
    Tried the Cache thing, installing those C++ Redist doesnt work -> "found a newer version blabla".

Win 7 64bit, i5 2500, 12Gig Ram, GF 660 ti

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Date: 09/07/12
    Time: 22:20:38
    Build 218
    Steam initialized
    RenderDevice: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti (9.18.13.602)
    Script Error #1: lua/Globals.lua:313: malformed number near '1.75fic'
    Call stack:
    #1: lua/Main.lua:12
    Script Error #2: lua/Main.lua:12: Couldn't load script 'lua/Globals.lua' (file not found)
    Call stack:
    #1: Load [C]:-1
    #2: lua/Main.lua:12
    Updating of subscribed mods is complete (not subscribed to any mods).
    Error: Attempted to load remote options from a file that does not exist.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2012
    You need to turn the graphics settings down, you have run out of texture memory.

Your graphics card cannot run the detail settings you have selected. Please turn down to low details, and also make sure your Graphics card is above the minimum specification required for this game.

Not at imp0r, this was at last page....

@imp0r, you have a corrupted globals.lua file

You have a completely different issue and should post in a different thread, alternatively, just delete globals.lua and verify your files, should fix your issue.
    edited September 2012
    how shall I do that? I dont even get a menu or something, as I said, I only have a black screen and the console.
    Besides that: Ran out of Memory? With a f*ing GTX 660 Ti with 2Gigs Memory? U Kiddin?

€: oh, not for me. lawl.

Ok, I'll try that. Thx
    Read the post imp0r, I was replying to the last page

Yours is a totally different issue
    Works now, thanks!
    Tell me if I should edit out all my issues, sorry for "hijacking", tought it was of the same kind
    No worries, leave it here for someone else to find if they have a similar issue in the future :)
  • BrainmaggotBrainmaggot Join Date: 2012-09-03 Member: 157535Members
    I had a similar issue.

The game would boot to a black screen and then either instantly or within 3 seconds dissapear again, not booting.

I fixed this by locating my ns2.exe file and running it as administrator. Running it normally I got a message that steam had to running (which it was)
    but when I ran it as administrator it just worked. Nothing else worked for me.

Hope it helps.