Natural Selection 2 News Update - Natural Selection 2 on Steam

Comments

• TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1972280:date=Sep 5 2012, 05:52 PM:name=darvon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (darvon @ Sep 5 2012, 05:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1972280"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've looked around, but I can't find anything. I've got a NS2 pre-order key from 2009, how do I activate it on steam?

I've got the beta in my library, but not the main gaim.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The beta is the main game.
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Taking the risk and buying the deluxe edition all that time ago was one of the best purchases of my life. 400+hrs in beta and look forward to many more.

Now your giving me more stuff... im overwhelmed and will continue to promote this game as much as possible.

my son is also over the moon with the upgrade to his version and said to say thanks.
  • Squirreli_Squirreli_ Join Date: 2012-04-25 Member: 151046Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Congrats!

When I bought the premium pre-order, I didn't have a lot of faith. My reasoning was that NS1 was the best game I had ever played, and that I would support the guys behind it with a donation. Didn't have that much money back during the Constellation days, and since I didn't participate back then, now was the time. I was not counting on getting a working game and didn't think it really as buying a game. It was a donation.

...And now, I've played the game for over 400 hours (which is not enough, I'm still a noob!) AND on top of that, we are getting an actual released game soon! Sure, it has flaws and problems, but it still keeps me glued to my mouse and my keyboard.

Thank you!

PS. I do not understand all you guys who whine about your pre-order not being exclusive enough... On top of everything else, you got to play the game for ages, didn't you? I mean, how much more exclusivity should you have gotten? I know I got 400 hours of gameplay with great guys in a great game, on top of all the other stuff! What is your excuse?
  • reportedreported Join Date: 2012-06-17 Member: 153349Members
    edited September 2012
    So I preordered after first beta ended months ago, before all of this happened, just like my date of registration says, I haven't received a copy of NS2 yet for my friend?

When's it actually going to happen, to who exactly is it limited to? It's not very clear and I would like to receive my copy of my Standard(now Deluxe) game, I've worked as hard as the first ones that got into betas.

A friend who preordered way before me, during those times, says he didn't receive any too? He's Australian and I'm European.
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1972636:date=Sep 6 2012, 06:59 PM:name=reported)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (reported @ Sep 6 2012, 06:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1972636"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So I preordered after first beta ended months ago, before all of this happened, just like my date of registration says, I haven't received a copy of NS2 yet for my friend?

When's it actually going to happen, to who exactly is it limited to? It's not very clear and I would like to receive my copy of my Standard(now Deluxe) game, I've worked as hard as the first ones that got into betas.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    hello

<a href="https://twitter.com/NS2/status/243514042684153856" target="_blank">https://twitter.com/NS2/status/243514042684153856</a>
    edited September 2012
    Oh ok, thanks for your answer!

But wait a sec, what is going on exactly with gift anyway, what's the current status on that?

Shouldn't they be out by now?
  • Onii-chanOnii-chan Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7164Members
    No, because the game's not released yet.

October.
    edited September 2012
    Really? Judging their comments, it sounds like the gifts were supposed to come out now?

Also, I don't think I have the special edition even though I got mails for it saying I was getting a new armor etc, it's not listed in DLCs and game was updated. Strange?
  • Skyforger2Skyforger2 Join Date: 2007-10-19 Member: 62681Members
    Nice one, i was about to cry that i don't get that new Armour (i have Special Edition) Thnx UW hope i can get one of my friends to play.
  • KrizzenKrizzen Join Date: 2011-12-16 Member: 138181Members
    edited September 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1972638:date=Sep 6 2012, 04:01 AM:name=elodea)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elodea @ Sep 6 2012, 04:01 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1972638"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->hello

<a href="https://twitter.com/NS2/status/243514042684153856" target="_blank">https://twitter.com/NS2/status/243514042684153856</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This should be posted on the official site as a news item. Not everyone expects official updates on Twitter. Scratch that... does anyone expect official updates on Twitter? So, it's either browse the seemingly unofficial form of syndication (Twitter) or flip through to page 16 of comments on a news post.

Maybe I'm just old school and prefer official updates to come from unknownworlds.com and not some third party domain.

Thanks for pointing it out though.

PS
    It wouldn't hurt if the news item clearly breaks down the status of the game, the free copies, the art book, the different armors, etc. About 45,000 people will be coming out of the woodwork in the coming weeks, so it might, just might, cut down on the confusion. You still never know with this interwebs crowd :P
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @reported
    Basically, wait. UWE will make good on their promise and i'm sure are doing their best to let you share the free copy with your friend. Note that the free copy will not have access to the beta (nor will any preorder purchased on steam) so don't worry too much about it not showing up right away :). Feel free to start making some noise if you don't get the free copy nearer to launch in october however.

@everyone else in general
    <a href="http://www.play4dead.com/ns2" target="_blank">http://www.play4dead.com/ns2</a>
    is a good source for all your daily ns2 information. The twitter is on the ns2 frontpage but old tweets will often get buried as UWE tends to tweet very often in a day.
  • DasBrotDasBrot Join Date: 2008-07-20 Member: 64670Members
    I just wanted to voice my exitement, and I have now pre-ordered, oooh yeah XD.
    I so should have done this yonks ago. what did it for me was the awesome going price, also the nostalgic visor on that armor. Nostalga is a powerful tool of persuasion :)
    I'm gutted that the Beta is now closed. I really wanted to get my hands on the mapping tools. In fact, I more interested in messing about with the modding and mapping tools than about playing the game. This game is awesome, I cannot wait. :D but alas I will have to.

Congrats UWE on becoming a best seller on Steam...but who didn't see that coming. On release, we can expect even more. :D
  • RadiocageRadiocage Join Date: 2002-09-30 Member: 1381Members
    Congrats guys, I don't ever post on here, but I happened to remember my password from 2002, so... as a 10-year fan, I'm pretty excited for this to be happening.

Good work!
  • cilerciler Join Date: 2002-12-17 Member: 10959Members
    Have been following NS2 since first announced (massive ns1 fan..) Since my PC is pretty old I havnt really been able to play until 217... just had a few games then and it was bloody amazing.. massive congrats guys! Well done :)

...now ya have me looking at a PC upgrade :P Damn you!
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1972567:date=Sep 6 2012, 12:42 AM:name=UncleRay)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UncleRay @ Sep 6 2012, 12:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1972567"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Maybe this has been answered before, but for those who pre-ordered when the Spark Editor was being offered, are we still going to receive anything other than the Marine Skin? Seems kind of lame at this point that I spent that much and only get a skin :/<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I'm pretty sure the pre-order also came with beta access and eternal gratitude. I'm also unclear as to why you'd be unhappy with "only" getting a skin: if that's what it came with and you don't like that, why did you buy it in the first place?
  • LeedinLeedin Join Date: 2012-09-06 Member: 158143Members
    Not sure if this has been asked before, but i have this Holiday Edition preorder key that was never used. Is it worthless now? The link that came with the key says registration has been disabled.
    Is the one from Humble Bundle supposed to be a normal key?
  • GoekhanGoekhan Join Date: 2010-02-27 Member: 70761Members
    Excuse me if this was asked before. I did a simple search, which yielded no results.

We will receive the extra copies before the game is released, right? When I told my friend (which has no penny to spend as he lost his job), he got super-excited about it, and can't wait (so to speak).

I don't check twitter/facebook stuff at all, so if someone can enlighten me, it'll be appreciated. Thank you and sorry to clutter the topic further.
  • LeedinLeedin Join Date: 2012-09-06 Member: 158143Members
    Excuse my previous post. "Activate a product on steam" under the Games drop-down worked wonders.
  • ShadowRamShadowRam Join Date: 2003-03-16 Member: 14577Members
    Congratz Flayra and the rest of the NS team.

It's been many many years, but I had faith that you guys would get here.

Can't wait to play the full release with my buddies sporting my epic Black Armour :)
  • WywagWywag Join Date: 2003-08-15 Member: 19759Members, Constellation
    Great news! Looking forward to cutting my teeth on this one come next month. I can't believe it's been ten years since the first release!

Ten f##king years!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X06HoBb2e0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X06HoBb2e0</a>
    This wait is killing me, no gifts yet.
  • AnaronAnaron Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156990Members
    Thanks for the presents, Unknown Worlds Entertainment. You guys have done a fantastic job with the game. I haven't had this much fun in a very long time. For the first time in a long time, I felt fear as I traversed narrow corridors and unlit rooms as a marine. I also felt powerful and agile as I skulked about as an alien in the very rooms that struck fear into my heart. I have yet to get a taste of commanding my comrades in battle but I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Thanks again. I look forward to October.
    So what happened to gifts?
  • kingmobkingmob Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3650Members, Constellation
    moar armor hooray.

give us some crazy skulk skins too.
    <a href="http://www.casarioblanco.com/poison-dart-frog.html" target="_blank">http://www.casarioblanco.com/poison-dart-frog.html</a>

I'm sure Corey can find something strange and colorful on the beach to emulate.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=1973456:date=Sep 7 2012, 12:40 PM:name=reported)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (reported @ Sep 7 2012, 12:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1973456"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So what happened to gifts?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

They were de-rezzed on the grid.

But seriously, these things take time.
    <!--quoteo(post=1973456:date=Sep 7 2012, 06:40 AM:name=reported)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (reported @ Sep 7 2012, 06:40 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1973456"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So what happened to gifts?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Nothing has happened yet.
  • hiloboyshiloboys Join Date: 2008-05-27 Member: 64340Members
    Youguys are awesome. Glad to have been following youguys all these years. Keep it up!
  • tarnishedwolftarnishedwolf Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158401Members
    That's pretty awesome. Thanks for the stuff.